Posts by Hr1s7i

...even Killian didn't have proper Outlaw experience for the longest time, not to mention open world content is hardly alive.

They removed the only content which was remotely close to open world pvp - the alliance system. Despite it's candid flaws, we had the opportunity to butcher pretty much whoever we came across. I immensely enjoyed that back when it was still a thing. Now if it were to come back per say, losing open world outlaw wouldn't be such a loss.

Nagisa The only issue is that or the thing you want to happen, it'll have to affect everybody. And not everybody is on board with your idea. Perfectly reasonable stance, right? Now here's the real problem - this isn't solved by democratic vote, just by GF deciding on their own. It's about the company choosing for the players, what the world rules those players will abide. And the players from Killian joined Killian so they don't have to abide by those. That's the sort of despotism people despise.

Hello everyone!

Just to make things a bit more clear, there is only a limited amount of players that are actually using the PvP system of TERA, a fact that lead to the decision of merging and turning into PvE.

So you're alright with not having these players at all. It's a fair position to hold. I mean TERA is obviously not the only game out there, so there's no need to compete for players.

Ok, now think about this - in an office, only 5 out of 50 people drink cappuccino. You decide that, cause it's just 5 people, you'll be removing the cappuccino machine completely. Screw them and screw their cappuccino, right?

Tell me that's not going to ruin their future work routines.

Even though with the present situation I can't really blame those who left, instead of leaving, I suggest we transmit constructive feedback of what we actually want the game to be as a community.

They can't please everyone but if enough people come with implementable solutions for pvp that are acceptable for the rest of the community as well, then I don't see why we can't push them to go for it.

Sorry cupcake. We have been doing this for years and they quite literally NEVER listened to anything we had to say. They not only can't please everyone, they actively tried pleasing the least number of people. Why do you think this merge is here? Surely it's cause they continued pleasing as many players as they could, right? Right? Right.

Temper your expectations, as even this merge has a clock on it One more after this one and it's end game, the blood banks will be dry. The only sad, or should I say pitiful part about this, is how adamantly these people refuse to listen to reason. You tell them rng boxes are a very poor idea, they still do it. You tell them that taking the control over personal amount of grind out of the person's hands is a very poor idea, they still do it. You tell them introducing failure which can result in downgrade is a very very very poor idea, they still do it. Well... here we are. A mountain of bad decisions that led to players leaving the game for other activities and a dwindling playerbase. There is a point at which you can't recover. That point came and went years ago. Two years and five months to be precise.

But sure, give it another shot. Tell them why they're wrong and what can be done better. See what happens. Not trying to discourage you. Consider this an induced premonition from a fellow player.

Surprised people are not mentioning how laggy this new UI is in Mass PvP. Fps drops horribly towards 5 to 10 FPS in both CS/CU and such

I like the UI myself, but there is terrible lag now in mass fights with this UI. Haven't had this problem before in mass fights

And the game is going back to square one. Back in beta there was a classic drawn UI that didnt lag. Then they made the scaleform one, which cut the framerate by almost 80% in 2011-2012. They touched it here and there so it was a lesser hog than before. And now we've gone full circle. Not entirely unexpected. Vulpem pilum mutare, non mores.

Main bar + 1 extra skill bar should be more than enough for every class, even for PvE.

''Should'' and ''are'' aren't even in the same universe. There are people who used a bunch for a veeery long time.
    Also messing with the controls set of a game for the sake of messing with it (precisely what happened here), is unwise to the point of bringing the intelligence of whoever green light the idea, under question.

Personally, never. I don't write much when ingame. That doesn't mean we don't have a lot of cases where toxicity in pm was punished. Hell, there's a guy with 40 years long chat ban for said toxicity (which isn't any different from what this mod wrote). Go topple that :D

Well i think they just want to be left alone, if you find this toxic let them be toxic, he didnt whisper you so if you leave him alone you wont experience his toxicity.

That's not the point. The reason this has been made focal, is cause we get punished for such toxicity more often than not. But when a mod does it, it's somehow thrown under the rug, cause mod armor. This holds true for a multitude of occasions.

you left out the part where i said that it does effect how players think the game should be playedi know it does that but it's really a minor argument

The playerbase is the blood keeping this game from becoming a corpse. Tell me how exactly having cancer cells circulating in it due to a massive tumor such as the dps meter, is a "minor argument" to make?

...and then try forwarding as much as possible to Gameforge/Bluehole, so they can't ignore this issue anymore, since it's definitely something that should be dealt with.

The moment the "hack" word pops up, the civil distress alarm should start ringing. What's happening atm is the equivalent of a burglar coming into someone's home at night, stealing everything of value (including the kids cause ransom) then coming next to the owner's bed, taking out a shotgun, then demanding him to sign away his home and the owner being like "buzz off dude, I'm trying to sleep here". So far I've seen this happen twice. Once in this example and once with this game and this stupid hack thing;

@ 'Om3Ga' Never said they're doing a good job :LUL:

@Trappiez Yeah, here's the obvious problem - the game is not in marketable condition. Either make it in marketable, or close it. Keeping the players hanging and baically wasting their time by not patching this out, is simply not an option. Having to play while there are hackers everywhere is simply not an enjoyable scenario, especially in a MMO where the competitive element is the driving force for progress.
    I get that BHS is busy caring for their still born new child A:IR and for their pubg cash cow, but that's not an excuse to not fix this mess in a week at best. Poor business practice.

Vayus did say that moderation is done as a team effort, so it might not be all that far fetched to assume that they need to assemble the hive mind in order to speak out on this, even more so when we consider that they have a couple of repeat offenders that have been reported to more than one CoMa with little to no subsequent actions taken. There is one board admin that comes to mind, who should be out of commission since mid 2016, but is still around and still keeps up the thin skinnery from time to time. Don't forget that following the rules and over representing the company interests are two entirely separate venues. It's one thing to mute/ban someone for breaking a rule and a completely separate thing to mute/ban them cause their narrative can't be riposted and is detrimental to the company's image, be it from the position of a newcomer or an older player. If they can't follow the rules that they try to enforce, why do they expect anyone else to do so? Hipocrisy at face value...

[Edit] I'm not even going to go into details when it comes to thread handling, cause the list of shady activity is pretty long.