TERA Shutdown - Discussion

• Due to TERA shut downs give us some events pls
    IDK. Easy enchanting or whatewer, world events for example
    Just some fun before history of TERA ends up

• Due to TERA shut downs give us some events pls
    IDK. Easy enchanting or whatewer, world events for example
    Just some fun before history of TERA ends up

That's what the "Unannounced Events" was for on the event calendar, pretty sure.

However I do have to agree with the timing being horrid. This is completely unnecessary to schedule this during the time people are going to be at work, physically or working-from-home. They can easily change this time, and I hope they would. They easily could have made it during the weekend, extend it two days into July, and ta-da, more people could be around for it.

I hope all the Negative Nancies who screamed "Shut down TERA" are happy. I am not. Thanks.

• This is such a shame. I have thousands of hours spent in this game and it will be all lost. Tera was such a great game with lots of potential and it was really unique but it got worse over the years.

This is a prime example of bad developers and publishers not listening to the community, slowly ruining the game with stupid decisions and greed.

Guess I'll main guild wars 2 now since the combat system there is the closest one to tera imo.

• Friendly reminder that Gameforge released the wings/head p2w shit in tomes personally themselves without BHS actual approval fully aware that they were shutting down just as another push to milk people further

I am really sorry for anyone that wasted money on that

Remember to aim that at Gameforge instead of BHS, that is all on Gameforge

Hopefully you guys can fight chargebacks, but Gameforge thought about that and extended their closure date to counter parts of that

Best guesses is it was known or finalized internally late November early December that it was being shut down globally

This is trackable with Gameforge's tone shift since then with an over abundance of sales and events aimed directly at swiping much more so than normal while disregarding any attempt to give actual player events that mattered

Kr on the other end for the most part was showered with player friendly events not aimed directly at attempts to stretch the last dime out their player base of a closing game

Truly a disgusting company with no morals.

• Hopefully you guys can fight chargebacks, but Gameforge thought about that and extended their closure date to counter parts of that

Korea announced at the same time this morning that they were closing on the 30th as well. But continue wearing your tinfoil hat.

Yes GameForge was scummy to milk this, and yes, I'm sure they knew sooner than most; I'd even bet Japan knew this and wanted to save their players the trouble of riding it out, but I highly doubt they 'extended the time' when Korea announced the exact same date.

• Korea announced at the same time this morning that they were closing on the 30th as well. But continue wearing your tinfoil hat.

With the amount of liabilities BHS (and Krafton) is or was under after their 2021 Q4 audit, it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility that Gameforge was able to swing a further than originally planned global shut down in attempts to drain more out of the end of the game forcing kr to remain open until their closure date, but yes, it is quite tinfoily I agree

• About time.

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 498 | Yurian | Main
    Aeq | Lv70 Archer | ILv 466 | Yurian | Ex-Main
    Quest | Lv70 Zerk | ILv 470
    | Yurian | what a joke

Game Over.

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• Finally the time has come!

Congratulations everyone, let it die in piece, keep the good memories from the past and move on.

Finally I can uninstall for good without hard feelings.

Its the smartest idea of Bluehole in a long time(seems it wasn't Gameforge idea, therefore no compliments to them this time either).

:easterelin:

• That's how the game ends up when its developed by wrong people.

Let me add here, if TERA was developed by the right devs, especially the devs from 2012/2013, today it would be the best MMORPG in the world.

• Sorry, got a bit emotional.

Anyhow, looking at how BHS recently handled things this was to be expected to happen, looking at their slowing pace of patches (and later, complete cessation of such). It was only a matter of time...

As for what is to happen in the next 2 months, following Japan's example, it's likely we will get all past dungeons reopened before the game closes.

I have only one request for Gameforge in regards to this, should it happen: if it is in any way, shape or form possible for you to make adjustments, readjust the dungeons to current gear. Videos from Japan showed that they weren't.

With that being said, I hope everyone can enjoy the last 2 months of this game together.

Fare thee well, Arborea.