Tera World Tournament

• For detailed Information see https://playtera.co.kr/news/notice/707?page_from=1 or wait till GF will anounce something. EDIT: official GF note: https://gameforge.com/en-GB/pl…0b-4d30-ac51-a824f27609fc

I just wanted to start this thread before there are intern considerations and discuss some problems with this event.

-Korean servers have an advantage, since they can already practice Tournament Dungeon since 10th november 2021. Why not a unique new dungeon to try in all regions at the same time?

-How do u want to compensate third party tools etc?

-Will every entry/ highest entry be reviewed in terms of legality in the sense of bug abusing, third party etc.?

-It will be impossible for some classes/ group setups to have a fair chance e.g. lancer >>> brawler

-Every player has different gear/ OP Buff food like combat/seal etc, so consider taking this to Test Server/ equalized stuff and give everybody an equal chance

Dont make the same faults like in the Dungeon Tournament during VM5 content

Feel free to add some stuff to the list.

• Hello, there will be some time for you to test the dungeon before the competing round, as you will have the opportunity to practice for a specific timeframe (6/12-8/12) before the actual challenge starts.

We understand that some of you would like to have more time to practice beforehand , but due to technical aspects, the size of this event and all regions participating, it was planned as such by Bluehole.

We will however forward your suggestion to them for possible future events.

Using cheats, abusing, or other kinds of unfair play during your participation in the challenge, will lead to an expulsion from the ranking and disqualification from receiving the prizes.

While there won't be a restriction on the equipement level participants can have, there will be only a specific range of consumables that can be used in the challenge dungeon. After entering, the effect of the consumables that affect the characters' DPS will disappear, and all participants can use only consumables between the specific range available.

In December, there will be a special page available by Bluehole with more details and information about the course of the challenge, once it is available, we will inform you!

• Thank you for your reply but there are some problems left:

-Korean region has an advantage since as I said they already have Antaros Resonance and thus can already practice the dungeon about 1month till the event, while all other regions only got a week.

-Players that reached a higher ranking in Resonance before the event have an advantage because they do not have to "lvl up" the Resonance difficulty during the Event. Is it possible to let all groups start at the same stage?

-Class balancing cant be fixed till then so yeah some classes wont be able to have a fair chance.

-Will Korean region be up to date to all other Regions? Otherwise there may be advantages due to some patches.

-Gear should be equalized so that anybody gets the same chances.

Using cheats, abusing, or other kinds of unfair play during your participation in the challenge, will lead to an expulsion from the ranking and disqualification from receiving the prizes.

-Will BHS/GF actively check ranking during the event? If not BHS/GF should consider to check the highest entries at the end of the event in detail to verify the outcome.

• Gf hasn't banned scripters for a long time, so I see no reason for something to change.

And threea's post confirms it.

Even if they found some cheats its only disqualification.

So you can abuse anything u can and hope to not disq. LMAO

• I really can't tell the point of your post, first of all, 3 of your "points" you're trying to make are already addressed in the official BHS notice in the link you posted.

Second of all, you're clueless about the class balance since you're comparing the skill prediction equivalents, you could've just looked at the korea leaderboards to compare the vanilla class balance. And no lancer isn't better than brawler in vanilla.

The 3rd party programs point is being addressed in the official BHS notice, as well as by threea.

Quote from BHS's korean notice: "This event consists of only the records of the dungeon for the tournament."

As i mentioned above class balancing isn't going to be different, assuming everyone plays vanilla. There's no difference between Korea and other regions after the update before the event happens (which will come with both patch 111 and 112).

The mention of " If you do not use an official meter, accurate data cannot be checked, so it will not be reflected in the ranking" is already a sign that they will monitor the submitted scores since it's a monetary event.

The only relevant point that's not been addressed in the links you specified and didn't even bother reading is related to the gear, and even for that you could've waited a few more days until more details from GF or BHS, there's no reason to rush with speculations. An event on this scale takes more than 1 month to be organised, and i'm 99.9% sure any constructive advice you'd have will be ignored due to the time remaining until the event starts. Another point i can make is, it's resonance gear barely matters when it comes to difference between actual bis and a geared person, the gear is not as relevant as being able to consistently play the dungeon, since it takes more than 10 minutes to clear the higher levels, we also have 2 weeks to "learn" the dungeon, which is more than enough if you care about the event to begin with.

Instead of coming with advices and pointing some things that have already been addressed, i'd recommend waiting for more information and the beta test on 6/12.

I really can't tell the point of your post, first of all, 3 of your "points" you're trying to make are already addressed in the official BHS notice in the link you posted.

Second of all, you're clueless about the class balance since you're comparing the skill prediction equivalents, you could've just looked at the korea leaderboards to compare the vanilla class balance. And no lancer isn't better than brawler in vanilla.

The 3rd party programs point is being addressed in the official BHS notice, as well as by threea.

You are right that some of these points are adressed in BHS note but still questionable and worth to have a look. I mean by this especially the 3rd party program stuff since there is not explicitly stated if any run will be actively reviewed by the Game itself or Admins and this part of the note is pretty vague.

The point with class balancing was a general note and not limited to some specific classes. I only mentioned the example Brawler<<Lancer since this holds in our current patch for EU. We will see how the class blancings in P111 turn out.

Another point i can make is, it's resonance gear barely matters when it comes to difference between actual bis and a geared person, the gear is not as relevant as being able to consistently play the dungeon, since it takes more than 10 minutes to clear the higher levels,

The gear has a major role in resonance dungeons especially your phys/magic shred/ pierc since resonance bosses have 120k phys/magic res and you are not able to shred these bosses to minimum res.

Every stage in resonance dungeons increases the HP of the boss. Long fights increase the difference between BiS and "geared" groups with same knowledge/skill.

we also have 2 weeks to "learn" the dungeon, which is more than enough if you care about the event to begin with.

2 weeks are enough to check dungeon mechs etc thats right, but korea still has advantages over other regions due to the existence of Antaros resonance since 10th november 2021.

I created this thread just to make this event public and discuss its problems openly, since the GF note did not exist previously to it.

I participated in the VM5 dungeon tournament and do not want that the same problems will arise again or that these problems are not openly adressed.

• Using cheats, abusing, or other kinds of unfair play during your participation in the challenge, will lead to an expulsion from the ranking and disqualification from receiving the prizes.

LMFAO. Never seen a funnier joke. Good one threea! :)

• Using cheats, abusing, or other kinds of unfair play during your participation in the challenge, will lead to an expulsion from the ranking and disqualification from receiving the prizes.

4DwmKt4.jpg

If you had this for profile picture while writing that atleast it would've been funny and wholesome, don't take this as me being disrespectful it's a joke but reading that after everything that's happened just, pure gold.

Take my like, you are a top tier troll, respect!

Warning: Trolling

Please read the forum rules before posting.

• it would be funny if no one from gameforge regions participated in the tournament but who am i kidding thats the easiest 10k in your pocket with how much tools people have access to compares to koreans and maybe japanese (not sure how their situation is with it)

• By the way, why does the unfair play only exclude you from the prizes and not from the game?

There would be no more players if they banned every person that uses 3rd party tools. Happened with EME years ago when proxy first started becoming popular, they put their foot down starting ban and lost half the population. Even casual players nowadays use proxy so the day would truly be dead.

• There would be no more players if they banned every person that uses 3rd party tools. Happened with EME years ago when proxy first started becoming popular, they put their foot down starting ban and lost half the population. Even casual players nowadays use proxy so the day would truly be dead.

I say good riddance then to the cheaters, maybe they might learn something or better yet stop shitting on our game

• There would be no more players if they banned every person that uses 3rd party tools. Happened with EME years ago when proxy first started becoming popular, they put their foot down starting ban and lost half the population. Even casual players nowadays use proxy so the day would truly be dead.

That is a gross mischaracterization of what happened with EME. They did try to stop the use of 3rd party tools in the game yes. Unfortunately, they did so only years after these tools had wormed their way through nearly every facet of the Tera NA endgame community. As you might expect, they were a few years too late :)

would be better overall for the "reputation" of gameforge (if it even still exists) to deal with it even if it ends up causing the game to close than to just keep milking it. But then business is business and they make money off of them so why not milk it

• They cant fix anything, even just "race" change is too strong, why do you wonder the toprank valk switched to castanic valk instead of elin ? game isnt playeable at high lvl in competive way for many things in the "basic' game, so with mod/"cheat" its always shitter

• They cant fix anything, even just "race" change is too strong, why do you wonder the toprank valk switched to castanic valk instead of elin ? game isnt playeable at high lvl in competive way for many things in the "basic' game, so with mod/"cheat" its always shitter

Because the free fast valk module only worked for castanic and was buggy as hell for elin ;)