building a high defense and high speed archer

• I am thinking of building an archer who has high defense and high speed over damage. so that this archer build has the highest chance of survivability in dungeon run no matter what the circumstances is. with the possibility of being a main tanker in case my party couldn't get any tanker. what should i look out for?

• Tbh, this doesnt make any sence in pve. Archer will never can tank any boss, instead of tank the boss you should just take his aggro and kite it. Thats what archer can do when tank is dead.

You just dont need that cause the most dungeons have mechanics where you wipe anyway when just the archer is alife.

The current character build system isnt made anyway for different playstyles. All the dmg kids forced BH by using shindra meter to remove different char builts and remain only the dmg built cause everyone Was just focussed on dmg. Remember the times before shindra meter? A good tank Was a tank who could hold aggro vs his party, Tanks were building aggro builts. But since shindra meter all the dmg kids were just looking for dmg. Former good tanks werent good anymore since dmg was low.

Few years ago you were able to play different playstyles as archer. For example power built, critrate built, attack speed built or cooldown built what was esspecially usefull in pvp. But nowadays you just have dmg dmg and dmg. It doesnt matter anymore if you are skilled today in pvp. If you are out of dodges you die as archer, cause every other class just fapping around, wait until you are out of dodges and then kill you with 1 or 2 shots. Thats how this kidlike play works today.

• Archer is a glass pistol since its def was lowered below 100% in the very past (vm8 or so idk). A "good" Archer always knows how to move if he got aggro at most bosses so that he has not to kite and can DPS while Healer rezzes Tank, so just practice your Movements etc. Also the only Source getting ATKspeed are vyrsks, Bufffood, +7 Soul Stats and Bravery you can not stack more atk speed.

To conclude: Practice your Movement to get higher survivability (and if needed use potions). Archer can play any Boss with Aggro (Kalligar and FAUW are bit cancer but also works if you practice enough).

• Thanks for advice buschfunker and Hellmilitia . i will still try to build archer with high def and high speed as i did came to tera to enjoy the game .

• This kind of variable playstyle doesn't work in PVE Tera. Even if you swipe and get the most tanky gear available in the game for archer, you will still die in 1 or 2 hits to direct boss hits. The reason why tanks can tank is not their gear but a block skill. You don't have one on archer. I can guarantee you wont have fun playing like that.

As a DD you have the role with the least responsibility but also with the least amount of carry potential, especially in lower dungeons. If you want to Instance Match and have more impact on your party, play healer or tank. Either way you'll still need help from your team members. Tera is not a single player game :shrug:

If you are looking for an optimal setup for archer where you can be the most usefull to your teammates you can check out archer class discord, it should contain all the information you need: https://discord.gg/z5fnx2c

• This kind of variable playstyle doesn't work in PVE Tera. Even if you swipe and get the most tanky gear available in the game for archer, you will still die in 1 or 2 hits to direct boss hits. The reason why tanks can tank is not their gear but a block skill. You don't have one on archer. I can guarantee you wont have fun playing like that.

As a DD you have the role with the least responsibility but also with the least amount of carry potential, especially in lower dungeons. If you want to Instance Match and have more impact on your party, play healer or tank. Either way you'll still need help from your team members. Tera is not a single player game :shrug:

If you are looking for an optimal setup for archer where you can be the most usefull to your teammates you can check out archer class discord, it should contain all the information you need: https://discord.gg/z5fnx2c

thank you for the feedback. the reason why i am looking for the possibility of being a tank is because the server i am in has less player and thus some think that getting tanker in party are even more rarer than healer. will keep in mind what you said. :)

• I am thinking of building an archer who has high defense and high speed over damage.

Even though as pointed out before archers are not meant to be tanks and playstyle customization is usually bashed on by the currently played metas, I'm very interested to see how far you could push this build.

Your main worry though is holding aggro. I can easily see how this kind of build may lead into getting kicked from the dungeon with the current Tera community.

In addition to the lack of block Noctilucent mentioned, you don't have any skill to enrage or take the aggro from the boss, the only way of doing this as an archer is either through damage or through the rest of your party being dead. Considering you build neglecting damage, it's the second case scenario.

Let's say you're playing to be able to res the healer. You meet the following trouble, you can only use your resurrection scroll once. So it's not really as useful to play the entire dungeon for this one time trick, that you could still perform without this build using a small amount of skill. Unless you take mystic vow into account, but unexperienced healers are unlikely to benefit from it. Alternatively if it's an experienced healer it should not die in those instances.

You may talk about cdr and speed in another context as Buschfunker mentioned above, but picture it in a tanking situation and it may get grim. For the sake of tanking, playing around your evasion wisely with increased speed and defense may seem appealing, but on low damage, you get to HellMilitia's point how long is it going to take for you to clear the boss just by yourself if no one else can be ressed or help?

Sure the run will not be lost, but knowing many players are impatient they are likely to attempt to kick you, disband it or drop it. Saving the day is possible, as mentioned above some archers do this by kiting, it is tempting to carry on your own but if people don't see it this way it may be tragic instead.

At that point I'd even take the opposite chaos approach, play the dungeon without a tank on the highest damage possible and may the healer and the potions be with you. Having dungeons' current difficulty based on inflated HP counts instead of mechanics doesn't exactly help your cause.

• Thank you Nayru for the information provided. will take account into it when building the archer build.