EU Servermerge (Mystel/Yurian/Seren)

• Hello everybody, after a lot of memeing, trolling, discussions etc. i will try my shot and kindly ask for a servermerge of all EU server.

To tell you something about myself - im playing on DE-Yurian most of the time so i can tell well detailed, what problems lead me to do write this. I only started playing on mystel one week ago, to see if other servers are diffrent and made my roadtrip. So i try to sum up the situation on EU servers:

Mystel (INT) -

- huge playerbase compared to other servers

- many possibilities to find groups as a soloplayer/guildplayer because there are many lfgs

- chance to find missing gear/accessories because the market is just bigger

- CU situation is broken, since there are only 3 big guilds, where the first "loser" can decide who wins

Yurian (DE) -

- small playerbase (many of the remaining "endcontent" ppl started to transfer to mystel)

- lfg is dead even in primetime so you need to have a static or guild to run with

- market is not really running well, missing ppl -> not a lot of skins/gears/accessories

- CU is a one man show. every week the same guild wins (yes i know im in the winning guild, but its still no fun like this)

Seren (FR) -

- average online players must be <100 (primetime in HW is like 8ppl) > many ppl transferred to mystel already

- i cant even say smth about the lfg/dungeon situation cuz never tried it

- market has become extinct on everything

- no clue about CU there, but when i would guess it will look like yurian? correct me if im wrong

Thats all about the current situation i can state from my side, we all can see that we have a lot problems on every EU server. I just wanted to start a discussion and give my own input on how to solve a lot of the existing problems. Transferring doesnt solve the problem anymore. Its no fun to farm all the cards and 200lvl of EP again. The cards are taking so much patience and gold. I think i can speak for many ppl, that we would have already transferred, if we could keep our Bank / Cards / EP etc. No one wants to start from zero again, just because there is no reaction of GF to merge/revive the servers.

Merge all EU server:

The pro points are pretty obvious for everyone:

- we will have a huge playerbase at anytime, because of a lot of different timezones

- you will have more possibilities to find groups by LFG -> current situation on yurian for example leads to sitting in the lfg for hours most of the time because you're missing one person and you can't ims (tsh)

- we got harrowhold back and we have exactly one raid that runs regularly, the others raids disbanded or dont even manage to fill up their raid if someone is missing

-> our raid runs with 19 ppl for example when someone is missing because we're not able to fill the missing spot via lfg

-> now imagine being a beginner who is motivated and wants to learn hh for example -> this person won't be able to find groups on yurian

- you will have more offers in the market

- more competition in CU

- most important, ppl stop quitting TERA bc its dead.

- one thing you need to keep in mind @Comas/GMS/QA's don't look at this from your point of view. It's not helping to look at ppl online, because there are a lot of afk people in hw most of the time. but that's nothing that helps us with the lfg situation on the servers. if i open up a lfg to run 2xtshm and i need 2 hours to fill it up that simply sucks when i only need 30mins for those 2runs? playing tera is such a waste of time when it comes to search for people and its totally demotivating these days

Cons of merging:

- i know that some ppl will have a huge problem with speaking english to each other

> but this wont be a problem, if your whole guild from DE / FR will get transferred to Mystel aswell. You can still play with the bunch of ppl you already know and like, but you will finally be able to fill up partys and start playing!

- obviously tons of work for GF devs, i could bet that a merge isnt a small deal, but i think its time to put in the effort, it would really help the game

Hope to see you guys in lfg soon :pump:

Kind regards, Plott(olan)

• Plott

Changed the title of the thread from “EU Servermerge (Mystel/Yurian,Seren)” to “EU Servermerge (Mystel/Yurian/Seren)”.
  • Hey glad to see someone talks about that.

thought to add some stuff / clarify regarding the EU servers merge option.

- I know that some people will have a huge problem with speaking English to each other.

that wont really be a problem as i saw from some servers / people / streams that there is an auto translate option or maybe a proxy that can be used to translate what people say so u can understand so its not really a big issue (maybe some chat spams but I'm sure gf will find a solution)

- obviously tons of work for GF devs, i could bet that a merge isn't a small deal, but i think its time to put in the effort, it would really help the game.

As for that im sure that if gf really cares about its community and overall play experience they will announce and people will be really hyped and will wait for that (few months for such a great thing is no big deal in my opinion).

And also please merge NA servers as well for same reasons as Plott mentions above.

even if its the 2 servers people will like to have more content and action since the pvp server is not really pvp anymore since infamy and so but at-least let as have more CU action (same 5 guild CU is making it boring over time) and player base (with latest stuff there is barely and difference between Velik and Kaia servers)

-3lyfox

• I think its a smart move in any way to help the EU Servers to stay alive and to motivate existing players and new players by a greater trade market and a more active lfg for everyone

• Its a great idea to fuse all server.
    but due to bandwidth and so on, idno how gameforge budget server can handle that :)

and also biggest reason people quit is not the playerbase.
    its the endless grind and only being able to play 1 class due to the crazy economy we have right now.
    (make gearing easier) and focus more on earning money from costumes n flashy things GAMEFORGE!

but id love a merge :D

• Nyahallo~ Sakura Miko da yo

As someone who plays Mystel I see nothing but down sides. There's a reason there exists a French and a German server. (keep in mind I mean no offence when I'm writing this, I'm simply saying it as it is)

People generally just don't like French people and they can't/won't communicate in the common tongue.

People generally just don't find German people funny and some of them won't communicate in the common tongue. Granted they are more willing than French people.

Now to address your points.

First point being the CU situation, this will not change even if there were a million people on the server. CU is broken due to the developers and/or Gameforge's CU settings. Not a population issue. (for Mystel's part at least)

"we will have a huge playerbase at anytime, because of a lot of different timezones"
    This point just isn't true in the slightest. Majority of players on Mystel are CET and all of the players on both Yurian and Seren are CET. So literally nothing would change.

LFG Issue (regarding TSHM): This is a Gameforge issue since they don't support the dungeon in the IM system. This will occasionally be the case on Mystel as well.

LFG Issue (regarding HH): It's more like you don't want to train up a random person for HH as it's a team raid and the weakest member is as far as your raid can go. Meaning a rookie will bring down 19 people and make it impossible to clear. This isn't an issue with population but with the dungeon, if you can even consider it a issue. HH Should require coordination and as such it makes no sense to LFG for a fill spot unless you plan on doing the first two phases only.

"now imagine being a beginner who is motivated and wants to learn hh for example -> this person won't be able to find groups on yurian"

This person won't find a group anywhere, not even if the population was of 1 million. Granted at that population they might be able to create a new raid for training reasons and wipe to phase 1 for hours on end. Would make good streaming content, but even with a merge of all regions this won't happen.

• I do think that any of these points you mention are 100% legit and correct in my opinion. But what I struggle with is to see where the "down sides" of a server merge would be? The language barrier is the only reasonable argument which would - possibly - influence people that are already playing on mystel. But I am quite sure that there are plenty of people with horrible english skills there already. In the end, you shall not celebrate a coffee party with them but instead play with them. For activities that require communication, like HH for example, I highly doubt that anyone will invite people that they don't know, no matter if there was a merge or not.

I do also think that there are a lot of people on yurian/seren that know themselves that their english skills are limited, but whether there will be a server merge or not: you can still stick with your guild/friends that natively speak your language. Other than that, a merge would simply be the comfort way to get to a populated server without losing stuff or re-doing a shitload of grind whether it beeing cards or talent points. All of these people that refuse to speak english will - if they want to keep playing tera - come to mystel one way or another (i.e. transfering at some point).

• People generally just don't like French people and they can't/won't communicate in the common tongue.

People generally just don't find German people funny and some of them won't communicate in the common tongue. Granted they are more willing than French people.

This is definitely one of the possible conflict points. Rather than true dislike for other people's nationalities, many people in Mystel complain in the global channel whenever a language other than English is being used.

However, Mystel is an INTERNATIONAL server so while English may be considered a standard language for communications in EU, the use of other languages should not be punished or trashtalked upon to begin with.

Trying to obtain ingame information and communicate in one's native language is not something meant to spam or make other users feel left out.

This could be solved by the creation of a custom channel for a certain language community (users can do this already).

Another alternative is increasing the block list numbers, which many people would be happy about to get rid of global trade spammers/multi accounting haters. That's in the case GF can't provide something as separate global channels that are ENG/FR/DE.

The language barrier is not as infuriating as a dead LFG and some people speak more than one language, making coordinated runs possible. Though using only one language really helps a lot, between multiple languages and imminent death of a content, I'd say the later is more harmful to the player.

Imho after my experience playing bgs and im cross server, I'd say many people won't listen no matter what regardless of the language. While others with worse barriers don't behave like that.

Playing is still possible if people want to and those that aren't provided with decent alternatives or don't mind it, should be given this option to increase overall activity; that ultimately benefits the market and the entire community.

HH Should require coordination and as such it makes no sense to LFG for a fill spot unless you plan on doing the first two phases only.

Tbh fill spots should be able to be LFG/IM to prevent people from wasting the entire run if one has to leave dramatically, but different phases can be troublesome here.

Given the current situation, I'd say yes to this merge and make the new server pvp.

• Yes to all just merge Mystel, Yurian, Seren and Shakan togheter, do different channels for languages and all ppl will be happy <:

• i have 20 character in Killian(aka Mystel) and 10 chars in seren, idk what to say but if that will help others from the other dead servers to enjoy the game more then is fine for me and yeah + for the merge

OXhVLif.gif
    ♠ Dropout Manager

• theres need off two servers, no more, no less...
    one pvp with PK, guild wars etc... and one pve, everyone is happy then

• As it is right now, server merge is needed to keep the French and German player base active.

There are maybe 2-5 statics on both servers and that's the active player-base.

The others struggle to find groups most of the time..

Merging RU and EU isn't possible because of the different economy.

Merging Mystel+Seren+Yurian is no issue at all... And it will help fix SOME of the issues in the game.

FOUND MY ERP UwU

kthxbye