TERA Classic again @GameForge Hear me out!

• Hello everyone!

I'm an old school player, been playing TERA since it's release. I have a few breaks behind me here and there... I quit around 2015 and again i come back in 2016 and then again quit in 2017 and again come back in 2020. I come here with a question that has been asked here many times before. Namely a permanent classic server! When I returned to this game in 2020, I can see that it is no longer the same game as in 2012 or 2013. The game has changed and has changed for much worse as evidence is the current population of this game.

DEVs for god sake! You can see what is happening and what people actually want?

Why don't you make a permanent classic server for TERA? Just why?

Do it! make it happen pretty please! and you'll see how many players will come back! :beer:

Gameforge  threea  Melione

• Most people would not even come back for TERA Classic.

Splitting the low playerbase will not work out well too.

TERA needs to be closed in all regions (PC and Consoles) and a new TERA PvP only game should be developed in 2021.

I'm an old school player, been playing TERA since it's release. I have a few breaks behind me here and there... I quit around 2015 and again i come back in 2016 and then again quit in 2017 and again come back in 2020.

First of all, this behaviour is problematic, because they know that you and other people are addicted and are willign to play and possibly p2w no matter how bad the game is. You should stop coming back until classic or a complete rework is done. I know it's hard to resist saying no to the addiction, but you must do it.

When I returned to this game in 2020, I can see that it is no longer the same game as in 2012 or 2013. The game has changed and has changed for much worse as evidence is the current population of this game.

I agree, this is very true. The amount of grind required now is insane, and getting BiS is statistically nearly impossible in a real human lifetime... And they are just planning to add more! More cards are coming. Also we'll need to increase the profile size to fit more slots for new cashgrab trinkets. The game in its current state is as trash as Black Desert Online is, I heard even the current devs are from BDO.

Few costumes, mounts, pets, no P2W RNG boxes to sell, no +15, no crit dragons, no brooches, no masks, no circlets, no underwear, no halidoms, no relics, rerolling was too easy, enchanting was too easy, no cards, no EP, no advancement skills, and the list of stuff goes on...

Do it! make it happen pretty please! and you'll see how many players will come back!

A pretty please is not gonna be enough. People have been begging for classic server years, and once we even got a major flipoff from them in the form of "Manahan", a 2 week classic server, after which was over, all the players were thrown into the latest version to grind and p2w or quit again forever.

At this point, I think even if they announced a permanent classic server, it would be a trap. They would probably try to sneak in as much as cash shop and grind as possible, calling it "tweaked to fit modern MMO standards" and GG.

I would forget TERA bro.

~ Beat your addiction and stop playing TERA! It's not worth your precious time... ~

icCNrLv.png

TERA needs to be closed in all regions (PC and Consoles) and a new TERA PvP only game should be developed in 2021.

So just shut down Tera ... and relaunch TBA ? :elin23:

• So just shut down Tera ... and relaunch TBA ? :elin23:

Relaunching TBA but with real TERA classes and with real battlegrounds like FWC, Skyring, CS , all pre awakening with equalized gear unironically sounds really fcking good. But then it would just be old TERA PvP lul

~ Beat your addiction and stop playing TERA! It's not worth your precious time... ~

icCNrLv.png

• New TBA :lol: No.

We need a F2P PvP game in UE 5 that has 3-4 modes (1vs1 + 3v3 or 5v5 + a mass battleground like Fraywind + a Battle Royale mode) + Indepth rankings + different maps (visual) for 1v1/5v5/Fraywind + our beloved combat system.

Glyph + gear (only weapon, armor, hands and boots where you can pick stats freely) + crystal system.

Character creation.

Clan/Guild system with a own guild area (own guild Lobby) where things can be changed around by the guild leader (interior, exterior and the area visuals like Zulfikar, Highwatch etc.).

Character leveling system but the rewards are only achievements and visual things. No stat gains.

All races/classes that we currently have + new races/classes in the future.

Ingame currency aka gold + a trade broker like we currenlty have it.

A public HUB/Lobby where you can rest from battle. Some kind of Tavern where you can play cards with random players, listen to tavern music etc.

A shop that has ONLY direct skin purchases and a battle pass for a fair price.

They could make a ton of money with weapons skins, armor skins, mounts, battle passes, gliders, guild items etc.

Especially if you combine direct purchases with a trade broker.

All of that without any scummy monetisation bullshit.

BR mode is a must to lure the non TERA players to the game and i know that Battle Royale + TERA will work out amazing if done right.

Oh no man -_- they would come back. Idk have you seen how many players was there when they released a temporary classic server last time? They had to create (i can't remember exactly) but like 20+ channels? almost each of them was full of people. I'm sure that more people would play on that classic server like the official one because it's normal old tera was far way better from current one. If that means low playerbase from official would split and jump on that classic server? let it be that way, the official tera is dead anyway.

• dont care, i just want PK and fraywind back so +1 from me

I've been playing FW in the past a lot and i loved it! I miss FW too it was fun.

I'm not hardcore Pvp'er, i'm more for Pve ;]

I miss stuff like Stamina, Campfires, Charms, Nexus, ToT, ACHM and especially MCHM.

But above all of that, i miss old playstyle without apex.

Awakening ruined the game, i can't enjoy the game with awakening. -_-

• I would like to re-launch PvP server but start from patch with 50 lvl cap as KR had. Just update it every few months till Shandra Manaya. And that would be true classic Tera.

Most people of what? You realise most people who played at beginning, that was doesens of full servers left Tera because of idiotic changes happened over time? Every single update bring so little possitive things and always had to destroy something far more important for the game. And was not only since launch, not even since KR launch even since focus group tests (yes I was in focus group tests and I saw one of very first published game build).

I do not know how many would come back. But classic versions of other MMOs are rather successfull.

• You can see what is happening and what people actually want?

Apparently not and if they do the playerbase certainly doesn't know about it. There are as many wants as there are people.

I'd like to know their reply to this too but I see one major inconvenient to a permanent classic server.

Stagnation.

Eventually people may get tired of a game that doesn't introduce any change, plus every person has different preferences when it comes to a classic server, that are often based on the time they started playing. A server for each patch doesn't sound like an easy task.

As much as I'm pvp focused I don't fully agree with this.

I like variety and other activities to be included into Tera besides pvp, such as pve, exploration, gathering or crafting which are at the same time fully compatible with pvp itself.

Alliance fights during a party quest to clear a BAM, guilds vs guild fights in choke points in the forest or big ice lands and seasonal consumables, are just a few examples of how the above can be combined.

But then it would just be old TERA PvP lul

That would be with the permission of old open world pvp content imho.

dont care, i just want PK and fraywind back so +1 from me

I also want both those features back, but not at any cost. It would be better than nothing, but it may not be enough in the long run.

• Its not 2012 anymore. MMO rpg is not as popular as it was then, neither PVP.

PVP is dead in almost every mmo, and everyone knows that who played more titles.

Because players play mostly for PVE, and it is the fact no matter how much some PVP players whoseis not enough will complain.

Now moba has its time for PVP not MMO and Developers are full avare of this, thats why they though Tera Moba will be call new players. Sadly it was bad designed.

They only should open PK like in all other MMOs, and give as more BG. Nothing more to change because players will not play PVP like it was in old yeas because times changes. Hard brained players just cant accept it and complains.

• You are wrong.They made temporary classic server (which is not real classic cause there was vm3) and the server was more crowded than the total of rest.Even in facebook page,it gets 1000+ likes,other update posts and event posts getting less than 10 likes.

So most of the peopel have hopes and people are saying "one day they gonna make classic permanent server" thats why people who are not playing this game,following forums.

"Its not 2012 anymore. MMO rpg is not as popular as it was then, neither PVP."

Yes,and the reason is greedy,selfish,money milker publishers and developers.They ruined the game with their hands.They turning the game like trash bin.

Fps is more popular because there is full time action and "skills are talking there".In Tera and other MMORPG's "expect warcraft" its all about following same rotations,same mechanics,spaming buttons.And getting less rewards because publisher wants you to go cash shop and buy what u need in a short time.

Basically the mmo games turned P2W,P2P.Skins are more than enough,people are buying them.They can work on it but yeah "they want more income,more money sink".

Thats why mmorpg's not popular anymore.

With a good advertisement (gameforge doesnt invest money for it just rofl doesnt matter what year we are in) classic server could explode with returners and newcomers.

Tera Unchained - Classic ,that could be great thing they can do.