Fishing update and its consequences...

• The Association fishmonger shows that I can trade certain fish (limit of 30 per day) for gold, however, now it apparently gives "ticket fragments" which can be turned into tickets which can then be exchanged for items. Similarly, the fish crates (limit of 3 per day) also show as giving gold but the basic fish crate appears to just give 10 ticket fragments. If your going to change the rewards around then you need to update the UI to reflect what you are going to get. Since fishing has been so devalued I can't see any reason why someone would bother with it. Rather a disappointing change.

• Hi!

Here's some relevant information:

Fishing Changes

• You will now be able to use Bait items starting from level 67 instead of 1.
    • The “Sell Price” of Fish and Crates is removed (can be sold, but for 0 Gold).
    • The “Delivery” of Fish and Crates will not give gold anymore, but Winning Ticket Stubs that when combined, can form a Winning ticket. You will be able to exchange the Winning Tickets for several consumable items.

Raederle

• The Association fishmonger shows that I can trade certain fish (limit of 30 per day) for gold, however, now it apparently gives "ticket fragments" which can be turned into tickets which can then be exchanged for items. Similarly, the fish crates (limit of 3 per day) also show as giving gold but the basic fish crate appears to just give 10 ticket fragments. If your going to change the rewards around then you need to update the UI to reflect what you are going to get. Since fishing has been so devalued I can't see any reason why someone would bother with it. Rather a disappointing change.

Fishing was also the primary source of income for a lot of non botters back on NA. I understand why it was changed to this set up here, to combat the fish bots. But really it's just a case of the law abiding folks having to suffer for the actions of the wrong doers.

The tickets are nice, but unless you are upgrading your gear and need the mats or consumables, they are not a proper replacement for raw gold.

• They actually fought fish botters here unlike with eme
    The tickets can be exchanged for feedstock for gear (cant trade it) so its only really beneficial for people now a days who cant grind all the time or have a lot of alts they need to work on.
    Seeing as most who didnt bot ended up using the money they made from fishing on their gear I dont think its that bad of a change

• Hello!

As I understand it, an update was introduced after which Fish Crate depreciated and costs 0 gold.

The question is, do you understand that having committed such a radical measure have limited the players?

To get Fish Crate you need not only one fishing, but also collect other resources, and then craft everything. It takes a lot of time and energy. And instead of figuring out the situation with fishing bots, you just Fish Crate devalued!

What have you done?!

Fish Crate - to create it you need:

Fish Filet/Kirash Filet (mined by fishing);

Plain Stone (mined by gathering);

Cobala Ore (mined by gathering);

Cobala Ingot (mined by gathering);

Shadsteel Ingot (mined by gathering);

Xermetal Ingot (mined by gathering);

Norsteel Ingot (mined by gathering);

Galborne Ingot (mined by gathering);

Do you see how much more need to collect besides fishing to create Fish Crate?!

And you've devalued it all!

If you want to make changes, then you need to think about the consequences before removing anything!

Reconsider your decision and restore in price Fish Crate!

• You realize that, while new to us, this is how it's been in EU for a while. I think it's fair to say Gameforge is well aware of what the consequences of removing gold values from fishing are. If they haven't restored the gold values to fishing in EU yet, they're not going to do it for us either.

• "They actually fought fish botters here unlike with eme"

So they were beat by hackers? What about Korea?

i dont play on korea so idk
    and yeah if its been like this for the eu peeps for a while i dont think they really care if a few NA peeps dislike it
    again you at least can still get compensated with feedstock, not a lot as compared to doing dgns but afk fishing is still something for those with busy schedules at least

• unfortunately the changes made have had an impact and has ended up seeming to

"spoil the game for the players."

as its been so nerfed that to get upgrade gears (that not all need) you now need to do so much fishing but with only 60 baits

oh fishing has become so much more fun

and yes i know its to help fight against botters but at the expense of honest players

">pzlP6Tq.png

Edited once, last by Wodahs ().

• Why the hell should we have to pay gold to fish now, it costs materials to make crates which could instead be brokered? And bait isn't free either it costs either money or time or both. All this to stop a few bots. How about get off your damn asses and remove the bots in ways that will not fck over the other 99% of the players that fish. My god I have been playing TERA for almost 9 years and I never seen management of this game in a sorry state.

• I'd be curious to know if anyone (Gameforge, or better Krafton) is actually looking for a real solution to the problem. Yes, Gameforge's solution has done away with fish-botting, but it's also made fishing completely pointless. Removing fishing from the game entirely would have achieved the same results.