Verifying Game

• Why doesn't the system just update files that have changed instead of verifying the whoke game each time you do maintenance. It is currently taking me 'literally' all day to check verify the game. Its crazy bonkers. I had to switch it off last night before going to bed and this morning it started over checking ALL the files again. It was on 75% last night after a day and now I am back to 22%. It stops me from ever logging on. I just don't have the time.

• Verification is necessary to exclude interference with the game files (by players or third-party software). If you have not completed the check, paused, and started it again after a while, then the check visually displays the start of the check from scratch, nevertheless, checking the files already checked the day before is carried out faster, since the game client simply "looks for the place where it stopped in last time". This is a crude explanation, but something like it probably happens. At the moment, the process of checking the integrity of files is carried out exactly this way and nothing else. If you have a low traffic speed, then you have no choice but to wait until the verification process is complete. It is a great pity that you are faced with such a difficulty. Let's hope that the process will soon be completed for you and you can continue your adventures in the vastness of Arborea!

:elin4:

• Sadly the process checks every single file. Each and every time the game updates. For me that is taking a day. Sometimes two days. It only started doing this since the 64BiT update. What I struggle with is why the system cannot do what I can do in any folder on my computer and that is quickly index files as 'date modified' and cross check against size and then discount everything else.

If you watch the process it slowly goes through every single file. It speeds up when it knows it does not have to download something and then slows down when it hits files it needs to alter. The game does not patch just those files it needs to update but insists on checking every single file on the system EVERY FILE. Why ? Like this happens nearly every week it seems. I have struggled with this a dozen times since the patch update. It just puts me off playing the game. No other game does this. No other game is so slow updating. It really is a pain for me.

Also... if you cancel the process by closing the Gameforge interface the process is not halted. It carries on even though you closed the game and software. So I have to reboot my computer to get the system resources back. The whole process is a struggle and it could be a lot lot easier. At the moment it takes me three or four days to update cus I just can't deal with the game client hogging my system resources. I just don't have the time.

• OK so I log in today after a week or so and am faced again with a wait period of 23 hours for verification. THATS 23 HOURS..... Seriously are you mad. You have made this game unplayable for me. The developers have got a screw loose or something. NO OTHER game is like this. I just can't spare the time. And this time is enough. Since the 64BiT patch the game has become a nightmare for me. I spend more time waiting for the game to check and install than actually playing.

Game gone mad. BYE.

• My own ISP averages about 700K to 1M per second, so I'm feeling some of Mayku's pain here; if your on cable modem or something that is not fiber to the house, a verify can take a long while. I generally have to leave it over night; I don't blame the game per se, but the dev's should remember not everyone has the most blazing, high end internet connection.

So smaller patches fairly quickly applied are most welcome where-ever possible.

• You don't update or rename the game folder, do you?

Try to get qualified help by contacting the Support Team. A helpful guide on how to do that is here.

I do nothing. I log in and the process starts. Its been running all day and its three in the morning. It has so far done 36% and reckons it has another 14 hours to go. Every time the game patches or goes thro a heavy maintenance the game wants to repair and it does this. It takes a whole day. Sadly if I leave it running and try to do other things it keeps stalling and interupting what I am doing. I just can't do anything about it. Why it needs to check every single file I will never no. I am currently subscribed to WOW with the new expansion and just went thro the prepatch update. I never had this problem. It just updated WoW again this week with 3.6GB and I could play all the time. Its only started after the 64Bit update and where I was forced to delete the game and reinstall. Since then its been a nightmare. I go long periods not playing now cus I can't face this update problem. I'm sure others just give up and go play something else.

• Feeling Mayku's pain a little here, last thing I did yesterday before work was a quick side quest; logged off, went to work, twelve hours later I log on and the game wants to repair again; that took another 1:15 and why the game should need to repair when the very last thing I did on the computer was play Tera is a bit beyond me. It was working b4 I left for work after all.

• The problem is that whenever there is any change made to the game no matter how minor the quite stupid launcher decides to check absolutely every file for the game on your computer. So say they repair a single broken aspect of the game they still insist on checking all 12000 files of size 67GB across the internet. In your case that divided by an average download rate of say 850 gives 133 minutes. But when the checker hits a section of busted or modified files the launcher crawls to the download rate particular to where you are and the line quality. I live in the forest so I'm stuffed really and so in addition to the 1.5 hours its taking anything up to another 12 hours for me to clear all files.

A more sensible way is the way adopted by clever developers like Blizzard. They retrieve a manifest of your content and only download the very minimum that has changed. So today for instance one day after the release of Shadowlands the game was patched and I got one chunk of 74MB. It took less than five minutes.They even retrieve lost disk space. But no way do they ever check every single file in the directory. That is just bonkers. But these developers don't care much it seems about launchers. They have plagued this game from launch. And it don't ever like get any better. They must be losing so many players that just give up with this nonsense.