Hey GF - Tera Classic when?

• If this brings back GVG, Fraywind, old gridion and open world PK, i would instantly drop current tera with no questions asked

I just want velika outskirts pvp back, That was Tera

• I‘d love to play that, too!

8eM08vm.jpg

"But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.

“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”

• No.

TERA needs to get deleted in all regions and they should work on TERA 2 or sell the IP to a big company.

Fck MMORPG games, make it a PvP only game with the combat system we have currently in a UE 5 engine.

• No.

TERA needs to get deleted in all regions and they should work on TERA 2 or sell the IP to a big company.

Fck MMORPG games, make it a PvP only game with the combat system we have currently in a UE 5 engine.

I seriously expect Tera to be shutdown in 2021 or early 2022,its clear that the devs choose to stay in their buddle and only add shits,since tons of years i saw nothing added but grind grind grind

Which is sad considering that game had the potential to be the best mmo in the world because of that combat system alone

• I join the question.

I have quit current game for many reasons and i don't even think about coming back.

But if the Classic TERA would appeared? I would be downloading the client right now without a doubt.

• I seriously expect Tera to be shutdown in 2021 or early 2022,its clear that the devs choose to stay in their buddle and only add shits,since tons of years i saw nothing added but grind grind grind

Which is sad considering that game had the potential to be the best mmo in the world because of that combat system alone

You're well aware that even Metin2 and RoM exist until now, right?

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 498 | Yurian | Main
    Aeq | Lv70 Archer | ILv 466 | Yurian | Ex-Main
    Quest | Lv70 Zerk | ILv 470
    | Yurian | what a joke

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior

Alcyel Mystic | Requi Slayer | Ranael Valkyrie

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• You're well aware that even Metin2 and RoM exist until now, right?

never cared about those games,i suppose you bring it to me because they're still alive desipte the fact that they're very grindy for a long time right?

about the "shutdown of tera" it was just a prediction(opinion) of mine,i cannot know the future

• Classic when?

When live servers are almost dead

Once they have enough P2W events prepared for it to have their income

Then, not b4 ^^ :p

But hey, stay tuned, in case!

Or not, your choice:thumbup:

• This would be really bad idea to bring back the old game. Let me explain why.

First you have to recognize all the quality of life features that were introduced to game over the years. These are little things that nobody even notices or appriciates today, but i can assure you that if those were taken away, people would riot.

- prime solution- on classic tera if you die, you have to be ressed by healer, even in the easiest dungeon as first timer. Then you have to go away from boss, then put campfire, wait to get out of combat, drink that purple potion that regenerated stamina, wait 2 seconds until campfire

starts to affect your stamina, then use 3 charms. Charms have cooldown so after each throw you have to wait like 1-2 seconds. Then you need to remember to use nostrums and crit scroll. You have to do all that while watching boss, if its gonna unleash some

of the key mechanics or just hit you with range attack. If it does you have to start the process again. That often led to conflicts within a party if you died more than once during boss battle.

- respawn in town after wipe, not at dungeon teleportal- Back then this basically means that people very often dropped from parties after wipe. Doesn't matter if party was to weak or somebody did little mistake.

- no brawlers - I know some of you hate this class, but thanks to brawler the number of tanks in the game has almost doubled. Finding tank few years ago was very very hard. Sometimes you had to wait for hour to find a tank ( I'm talking here about both lfg and IM )

and people did wait for hour becouse there was no other option.

- no valkyries, gunners, reapers, ninjas - If somebody mains one of these, they are propably not joining classing server.

- leveling to 60 lvl took several days, not 2 hours - Have you ever wondered why people didin't just spam dungeons to level fast few years ago? They couldn't, becouse there were no tanks. All parites back then were obliged to have full party with healer and tank.

Waiting for low lvl dungeon to pop up took ages, except for BOL maybe. Also back then low level dunegons were much more challenging to the degree, that you could easly wipe them. For example take CR and second room with barrels and mobs around them. If you hit the guy guarding

the exit gate before clearing barrels, back then it was basically a wipe. And after wipe, check number 2 on the list.

-the only reliable gold source was grinding LOT- when i hear interior music from this dungeon it makes me puke. You can say that, nobody orders you to farm this dungeon, but literally 90% of masterwork alkahests came from there. Most players will be forced to spend

hours there to even think about improving their gear.

- old sometimes bugged skills and no apex- Without apex you would give up major part of complexity and fun of playing all classes. Also remember that archer's blue buff skill that people often forgot about?

- becouse of number 1 and 2 you will have to change they way you play as dps- Back then healers main role was to correct people's mistakes, now its overhealing them while dpses facetank everything to make whole run faster. Dying isnt as problematic now as it was before.

- forget about new dungeons you enjoy right now, no speciality stores at 3 major cities and also forget about highwatch

- many many more that I simply don't remember

If you think that these aren't the problems for you, or maybe you think these were the actual strong sides of classic tera, think for a moment about new players. What would they choose? Becouse without new players coming to tera this whole idea has zero chances of success.

I'd also like to mention that I enjoyed classic tera and i would love to run old manaya and wonderholme again. But in order to do that, first I would have to spent weeks leveling by questing in open world, then grind in LOT to get gold and alkahets. So, no thank you.

• donjohnson I just opened twitch, Tera watchers 52 peoples.

Not sure why so low amout. After "all the quality of life features that were introduced to game over the years" game dead.

You said alot about what have been introduced, but forget to said about what have been removed.

Here is the list before Reaper patch and current game:

1. Farming LoT was good, some players enjoy it, farm, sell mwa and buy skins. That was way of their game.

2. Remove farm from low lvl dungeons. Yea some ppls farm it and sell gold gear for newbies. Before avatar, gold/blue gear was rly helpful in lvling.

3. Delete strongbox key from CS daily.

4. Delete reason to make green quests.

5. Delete Farm openworld bams for crystals, purple potion.

6. Delete some skills of classes.

7. Delete reason to make story quests while lvling, quests gave good amount of xp.

8. Delete priest's buff for players in openworld.

9. Delete good reason for craft.

10. Delete players with weak PC.

11. Delete smolders lions for CoF ranking, delete helm for Sijuka....

12. Delete crystals almost.

13. Delete Girl Teleport - I liked her.

14. Delete Thanksfull -It is important in social games. it was been deleted with charms, campfires and priest's buffs.

15. Delete old dungeons: LoThm. Kelsaik raid, CoF.....

16. Delete Nexus.

17. Delete old IoD - I liked it.

18. Delete old system enchant.

19. Delete hardness from lvling. Avatar kill fun. Long lvling - I liked it. Long lvling helps find a good friends!

20. Delete toogle glyphs pages, it cost not sure maybe 15gold, I didn't like but it was.

21. Delete drop from openworld mobs.

22. Delete Elleon.

23. Delete ability to sell loot from dungeons. Early the was much more stuff that you could sell: mwa, mes, scrolls for change stats, stats fixer (I forget item names), gear skins, sell runs...

24. Delete guild quests.

25. Delete guild bank from start of guild creation.

26. Delete fashion npc.

27. Delete farm argon bosses for argon vitrion. I mention it in separaed number, coz it was like jackpot.

28. Delete in low lvl dungeons ppls who do quest. Duno when u see someone who ask help to do quest in CR or GL. Again it was part of thanksfull.

============== PVP =============

1. Delete PK.

2. Delete Low lvl pk.

3. Delete Low lvl pvp.

4. Delete GvG in way it was.

5. Delete "weak balance" when bring new classes and apex.

6. Delete FWC.

7. Delete PVP gear in way it was.

And I didn't mention alot things that was introduced after reaper patch and was deleted. Like: castles, allies, dungeons...

There was deleted alot social parts and ways to do something else when you not in dungeon.

Duno game not interesting, even if they do more dungeons or classes, it doesn't change game at all. There is should be something what to do in openworld, except stay afk in que.

Also:

What if not all players want to have high dps and hpms? What if some players wants just have fun in rly social game? Where you can say someone thanks for charms and buffs. Where you can do something else except few dungeons? I knowed alot couples who just after work came in game to have fun time. Why they should enter in game where is nothing to do?

Developers even didn't try to make something new. New dungeon is just another boss in same arena.

Players ask bring back PVP, developers do battle pvp arena....

Where is new classes?

If developers plans to introduce battle pvp arena for split player base, why tera clasic can't do the same?

Also tera classic is only last way to play tera on weak PC.

For years there was been alot introduced, but also was alot deleted. For this time some publisher closes, coz low amount of players.

Game which makes developers is not interesting.

I read korean patch notes, and there is nothing interesting for next half year....

Deleting pvp/pk was big mistake, Im not talk about dead Killian server, Im talk about how many years developers were blind to pleas of pvp players.

I don't know what are you tring to protect, coz there is nothing lefts. If Tera eu will closes before 2021 I will be not surprise.

And btw this is thread not about why Tera classic not need, it thread about why it need.

If u don't like Tera classic, make ur own thread and ask GF/Developers don't bring back Tera classic, coz current playerless game is sooooooooo goood!

• Ironic how most if not all of your points are things that not only defined the old version, they made the game more fun compared to what it is now.

Like, imagine complaining about not being max level in 2 hours, having to grind either dungeons or bams for income, not having stupid overpowered classes / apex, or respecting content because dying actually punished the player somewhat. Oh my, it is almost like it was a different game back then! A experience many of us crave because while not perfect by any means, it was still miles ahead of the glorified themepark recycling we have right now.

• THERE IS NOTHING TO DO ANYMORE.

the only thing you can do at 70 is those 3-4 "recommended" dungeons.

crafting-dead

gathering-dead

exploring-dead

exodor the great new zone! - dead

fishing-dead.

world boss hunting-dead ( rather: hijacked by cheaters that can see health)

leveling up-a joke ( hit 10 mobs and voila : level up)

upgrade our gear but dont do any upgrades on open world mobs.... easy kills ( i havent died more than a few times leveling up, or even ZERO deaths) -wouldnt want to chase away new players cos they die too often do we?

not gonna spend my cash on being able to do 3 dungeons fk off.

oh well, thats what you get when something nice gets hijacked by greedy investors.

i have spent money in the past and never regretted it.

not likely to happen again though.

because

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO ANYMORE.

Rara avis in TERA

• The correct answer to tera being dead is tera2.

Even if the best patch for pvp and pve was released it could never revive tera to what it was even few years ago.

pvp as competitive content has been dead since gunner patch and completely killed with everything else being deleted. there is simply no way to revive it from what it has become and how badly it made players feel when they quit. tera's reputation as a pvp game is ruined.

Right now tera sits in the "fun" zone for pve players who want instant content with 4 other friends or randoms to grind for items.

Tera devs have killed all forms of RPG elements, social aspects and guild content just to keep players grinding for items and keep engaged with the pve combat

and that's what tera does best, the combat... and that's all there is left.

Tera is also only run by small team, that is obvious from lack of quality assurance and content updates.

Thus all they can do is add time sinks to the game with new mechanics and sell fixes for them like ep, cards, partners, skill advancements, leveling to 70 etc and all pve tryhards eat it up to farm those top 1-2 dungeons faster

As-long as this cycle works tera servers will stay up, but there is no chance in hell it will get better.

that's due to budget that's given to tera developers by the bluehole corporation.

I loved this game and want the best for this ip but you gotta face facts, put your emotions aside and look at things objectively.

If you enjoy tera as i do sometimes then keep playing, not like anyone listens to us.

ssion - mystic

why are we still here? just to suffer?

• never cared about those games,i suppose you bring it to me because they're still alive desipte the fact that they're very grindy for a long time right?

about the "shutdown of tera" it was just a prediction(opinion) of mine,i cannot know the future

Basically so. I think tbh TERA will be existing for quite a while since maintaining the servers ain't an issue and GF can still strip whales of their hard-earned money with cheap shop updates and such.

What I wanted to say is: GF doesn't shutdown their games until they squeeze the very definitely absolutely last drop of life out of it in terms of money.

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 498 | Yurian | Main
    Aeq | Lv70 Archer | ILv 466 | Yurian | Ex-Main
    Quest | Lv70 Zerk | ILv 470
    | Yurian | what a joke

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior

Alcyel Mystic | Requi Slayer | Ranael Valkyrie

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• I'm more in favor of a TERA 2 with a Warframe-like f2p system and everything that involves the community.

Something that finally has better cinematics and substance to explain the lore to really feel immersed into that universe.

TERA 1 combat system is already the best one ever, I wouldn't mind they reuse it at all.

TERA Classic pre-reaper could eventually be ok but don't we need something new instead?

• I would love to play Tera Classic. Not sure if I would dare dream of a Tera 2 (Elyon), but it would be a dream come true.

Kelsaik (Mystic) / Peach (Sorc) Fraya

Roofied (Priest) Killian/Fraya/Allemantheia w/e

Inactive

/w for contact