- Brawler Rework / Changes / Wishlist -

• it could help if they reduced the casting time by 40-50%...if you have to spam it, the current casting time is too slow and would still cause you to lose dps which would make you lose aggro..a vicious circle.

although I stil think that simply putting a +80% /+100% aggro glyph on counterpunch, similar to the 120% aggro glyph on shield counter for lancers, would've been much more useful.

or another good option could be a glyph for increased casting speed on ground pounder, since it's one of the skills with the best dmg the class has, but you can't use it cause the animation is so slow that it causes a dps loss...

• in a normal run we dont even use provoke ...

and gp is for me shitty skill cuz it has low crit, i never use gp in tank

dont give them wrong ideas lol

gp actually has low crit *cap* on last hit, it is not used usually cause of high cast time to get last hit, at that time you would have your main skills back up (being 250 crit factor on front with carving glyph) issue rn with is lancer doing too much damage, i mean resonance buff is good, pushed dps increase from 1.1% for party averaged (noticed key word "averaged") to 2% true dps increase (assuming ninja and zerk don't use their talyph to debuff the boss) new rampage is 180s cooldown, i see intention of aggro shout buff and rampage is that you could spam aggro as much as lancers do inside gf, which addresses issue with brawler, which is recovery after death, but well there is lot to it, first of all, change rampage cd from 180s to 60s, or even 30s, none will use this skill cause it has long animation time (doesn't scale with attack speed for start) pathetic base damage (identical to haymaker) and no crit chance or crit innate modifier, making this skill absolutly garbage for damage, if they intend to make it recovery skill, they did good job to give us reasons not to use it as such

• Currently, brawler is so bad that I'm confused that they fail to do anything right about it.

All the problem as brawler is the lack of damage, both as DPS and as tank. They literally gave everything to brawler except damage. It makes no sense. They could double haymaker's damage brawler wouldn't be any close to lancer or DPS classes

• Hello everybody,

its quite nice to read a lot of suggestions about buff brawler in discord and forum. I´ve read a lot of Ideas so i decided to write them down again here.

With this ideas, i´ll try to give a suggestion how to fix the main problems with a Bralwer: bad dps, bad group support and holding aggro.

So, let me show you my thoughts for Bralwer in general, Brawler as Tank and Brawler as DPS.

1. Brawler general:

Bug: EL System - Counterpunch - Pummel (Did not work after reaching lv 65 or above)

Bug: Talyph System (Advance Skills) - Flying Kick - It shows 90% dmg increase, it´s only 9%.

At the Moment - Rampage:

Cast Time Instant

MP Cost: 1000

Cooldown: 180s

Basic Damage: 4161

Physical Factor: 250%

Rush the enemy from up to 8m away and deliver a series of devastating blows. Blocks attacks from the front.

Alternate / new Version of Rampage:

Caste Time: Instant

MP Cost: 1000

Cooldown 180s

Basic Damage: 12.483

Physical Factor: 250%

Rush the enemy from up to 8m away and deliver a series of devastating blows. Blocks attacks from the front and your attack has a high chance to crit. (Like Divine Wrath II)

Uppon successful hit, increases the skill damage of nearby allies by 5% and attack speed by 20% for 20s

Q: Why?

A Ultimate skill should crit to 100% and deal more damage than 2 skills. And Brawler get an awesome Group Buff too.

At the moment: Quick Dash

Cast time: Instant

MP Cost: 100

Cooldown: 8 sec.

Dodge past your enemy´s attack. A cooldown time triggers when the skill is used again withing 8 seconds.

Alternate / New Version of Quick Dash:

Cast Time: Instant

MP Cost: 100

Cooldown: 5 sec.

Dodge past your enemy´s attack. A cooldown time triggers when the skill is used again withing 5 seconds.

As Brawler its a bid difficult to dodge in right time. At Bosses like DA for e.g. you had to improvise a lot, because they deal skills you had to dodge more often, than you can use the skill because its on cooldown.

New Iframe.

It would be very nice, if we get a second Iframe / Backstab or Frontstab? because Tank.

2. Brawler DPS Mode

At the moment: Advance Skill Option - Haymaker - Weak Spot Thrust

Obtain 100 additional Rage after a successful hit. Attacks from behind deal 20% more damage.

Alternate / new Version of Advance Skill Option - Haymaker - Weak Spot Thrust:
    Obtain 100 additional Rage after a succesful hit. Attacks from behind or hitting by side deal 35% more damage.

Because the right angle from the "hit from behind" is often hard to get at bosses like hagufna or in DA for example.

At the moment: Advance Skill Option - Growing Fury - Irregular

Decreases aggro by 60% and attacks from behind deal 45% more damage. Removes frontal defense, increased aggro, and body size efects. Cannot use Infuriate while active. Internal Wounds effect does not trigger when using Rhytmic Blows.

Alternate / New Version of Advance Skill Option - Growing Fury - Irregular

Decreases aggro by 80% and attacks from behind or hitting by side deal 85% more damage. Removes frontal defense, ingrased aggro, and body size effects. Cannot use Infuriate while active. Internal Wounds effect trigger when using Rhytmic Blows.

Because Brawler does not really do dps in its dps function. The damage had to be increased a lot so that brawler will be acceptet as DPS class too.

3. Brawler Tank Mode

At the moment: Provoke (Aggro Shout):

Draw the attention of enemies, increasing and maintaining maximum aggro toward you for 5 seconds.

Alternate / New Version of Provoke (Aggro Shout):

Draw the attention of enemies, increasing and maintaining maximum aggro toward you for 5 seconds.

You and up to 10 allies within 10m become immune to knockdown and stagger for 5 seconds.

Because its very weird when you always get knock downed while using Enrage Shout for example, or casting other skills which you cannot cancel because you are in a animation lock. It will be a little group support too, useful in Bahaars Sanctum for e.g.)

At the moment: Passive Skill: Concentrate:

Every sucessful Perfect Defense ads a stack of Cencentrate that increases the skill damage of One-inch-Punch and Haymaker by 1% per stack.

- Stacks up to 5 times on your first Perfect Defense, and 1 stack thereafter.

- Resets after using One-inch Punch or Haymaker.

Alternate / New Version of Passive Skill: Concentrate:

Every sucessful Perfect Defense ads a stack of Cencentrate that increases the skill damage of One-inch-Punch and Haymaker by 3% per stack.

- Stacks up to 5 times on your first Perfect Defense, and 1 stack thereafter.

- Resets after using One-inch Punch or Haymaker.

You can reach a maximum of 100 Stacks ~ 100% more Skill Damage, but no one stacks higher than round about 8 to 20 Stacks when perfect blocking a multi hit skill from a enemy. So you never reach the 100 Stacks.

At the moment: Passive Skill - Self-control:

Increases all skill damage by 5% when Rage is 75% or above.

Alternate / New Version of Passive Skill - Self-control:

Increases all skill damage by 10% when Rage is 75% or above.

Why not? a little DMG Buff for Tank and DPS Mode.

At the moment: Passive Skill - Never Retreat:

Increases Skill Damage by 10% and Aggro by 15% when attacking monsters from the front.

Alternate / New Version of Passive Skill - Never Retreat:

Increases Skill Damage by 15% and Aggro by 25% when attacking monsters from the front.

A little DMG Buff and a better way to hold Aggro.

Divine Wrath II:

Add new Glyph: Uppon succesfull hit, Boss will go Enrage for 35s. (Infuriate) (Alternate with x%Chance)

Its something new, and wil be some special for Brawler only.

At the Moment: Lost skill, Ground Pounder:

Pound the ground at your feed to pull the enemies closer, then knock them into the air, increasing your Rage. Blocks attacks from the front.

Alternate / New Version of Lost skill, Ground Pounder:

Pound the ground at your feed to pull the enemies closer, then knock them into the air, increasing your Rage. Blocks attacks from the front.

Uppon successful hit, increases the Power of nearby allies by 10% and Endurance by 50% for 8 seconds.

Why not? I´ve read that many Brawlers got huge problems with holding Aggro, and there´s a little support buff too within.

So, there are many Ideas. I know a few of them are too overpowered, but well, maybe they´ll pick one or two of those suggestions for the next patch and we will get a little buff.

Feel free to improvise with this suggestions, feel free to give feedback or other suggestions.

in this case,

#make brawler tank again

#make brawler great again

regards,

Teilzeittank , Yurian

nelm6ojm.png

• funny enough the issue with brawler is more bout just how overtuned both warrior and lancer(Apex lancer was a mistake) are in comparison + the years of powercreep caused by an artificially inflated Average DPS Value forcing the game state to go into a DPS race simulation.

the suggestion above while it would be neat it would also massively overload Brawler when the easier fix is just make them commit to one role instead of trying to make them excel at both and og with the relevant changes for said role.

wanna fix Tank brawler=, make so its not so shtty to recover after a Death/loss of aggro

wanna fix DPs brawler, then sadly the only fair fix is completely removing their tanking aspect to remove a very likely abuse case and favoring their gameplay toward it..

• The true problem is, if you want brawler to compete with lancer just by having raw DPS, brawler would have to hit harder than DPS because A.rush is stupidly strong.

That is to say, if you want to make brawler viable, you either have to:

- Reduce lancer buffing abilities and balance tank warrior's damage

- Completely forget the all DPS concept of brawler and add him some more buffing abilities

The changes suggested above are surely not meant to be applied all at once, but are clues to make brawler viable. Warrior is completely viable in both tank and DPS roles, brawler doesn't have to be trash on both.

• Hell no! As i read what you wrote i can get you are Brawler Fanboy and want him be to much OP!

No, no, no, no! Brawrer is strong enough already, he is one of best PVP classes. No again!

I have Brawler, and use him for PVP mostly, and i know how hard he is to defeat already, and you want buff him even more? Its not balance, its just your desire to be better than other classes, so again, no. Its bad suggestion.

• First of all, I will ignore all the bullshit I read in that last post, after all you talked about the brawler in PvP, which is not the case in this post, most of the people who are here begging for a rework of the brawler play more PvE than PvP. I not only totally agree with this rework, but I'm a main fighter, I've been playing this class for about 9 years, practically since I launched it, it's one of the best classes I've ever played, I'll list the negative points of a brawler so that you can understand more clearly.

- Ignored at most parties, either as a tanker (since there is no buff that benefits the party (that haymaker's failed attempt to cause 2% damage to the party is extremely bad, as it is a thousand times better to have 60%) reflect the damage of what the group as a whole benefits from the damage of the oil tanker being greater than 2% that doesn’t change the damage of the group practically), something that a lancer has to spare and a warrior too, the lancer has "A. Rush" which is stupid strong, not to mention Debilitate which is one of the strongest debuffs the game has and Warr besides his debuff has an atak.speed buff for the whole group, but why doesn’t only the brawler have any of that? ... but the brawler has damage, you will say. Look at the moongourd and compare the damage of a warrant tanker to that of a tough tanker and explain to me this balance that is stupidly bad for the tough side)

For informational questions, I will give you the notion of damage caused by oil tankers in Bahaar

Lancer (with millions of buffs) - 22.2 M / s

Warrior (with millions of buffs) - 28.4 M / s

Brawler (with absolutely nothing) - 21.7M / s

See that the spearman, even though he is much weaker than a fighter and having a much more "tank" role beats more than a fighter because of his buffs and debuffs, is it clearer now in numbers? Explain to me where this is balanced? In my opinion, a fighter compares to a warrior, so his damage as a tank must be identical to that of a warrior and his buffs as well.

- Ignored as DPS, because your dps is usually half of a DPS of any other class that is DPS.

For informational questions, I will give you the notion of damage caused by DPS in the bahaar

Valkyrie - 44.9M / s

Warrior - 34.4 M / s

Brawler - 25.3M / s

Are you sure this balance is correct?

- Try Bahaar with a brawler and try to give the sequence of 3 stuns on the boss because of a mechanic who is a tanker exclusively and fails miserably, do you know why? because the brawler is the only one, the ONLY tanker that doesn't have 3 stuns for this mechanic, warrior has 3 stuns, lancer has 3 stuns, but the brawler has to ask the DPS to give the second and third stun, because she is extremely evil thought and this dungeon shows that clearly.

- Iframes, let's talk about the beautiful iframes, how many does the lancer have? How many does the warrior own? Now look at the brawler that has 1 iframe in just two steps.

Want a good example? Make DAHM a brawler and use your iframe anyway, then tell me how many times you died from lack of iframe, because I can guarantee there will be more than 5 for sure, you know why? because if you don’t do the dungeon taking care of how you use your iframe, you’ll get to the point that because you used it to leave one mechanic, you won’t have iframe for the other mechanic, however, the lancer and the warriors have more than one and can use it anyway, "balancing" the brawler class very well in the TERA universe.

To finish the game with about 240 ~ 250ms, in PvP I suffer a lot with the brawler too, but I know it's because of my ping, but don't say that this character is strong, because even in PvP he is strong, again compare it to a warrior which keeps him stunned full time, because he has more than one stun and both have a low cold temperature, because the fighter's stun is not only slow to launch, but his cooling is 15 seconds compared to the 3 seconds it lasts on the target , this if he does not have jewelry that reduces the duration of the stunning.

While several classes have numerous stags, tell me how many does the brawler have? No need, I tell you, the brawler has 2 stags that can be easily countered by any scape skill, as they are quite slow to cast (that's what I was full atak.speed on my pvp brawler. So bad it is you stun, can you take stag and yet another stun while casting your stun, and you still want to say that the brawler is strong and who is here trying to improve the class is fanboy? I could even exclude the brawler, because she is worse than gunner, because it has nothing.

Try to ask the tera community what they think of Brawler and you will see that they call her character "MEME", because it really is, a character without damage, that as a tanker has no benefit and these reworks that they did were useless, first because they rampage (it is not a PvE skill, because it has a long cast and a 3 minute coldown, since I know the damage is very low.

Good to finish the brawler does not need a long study and a thousand analyzes, it needs simple things that we already have in other classes.

As a tanker a little more damage or just atak.speed (which intrinsically damages you) and a buff that benefits the party with damage and atak.speed, yes it has to be with those attributes because that's what the other tanker classes already give , minus the brawler.

Put at least one more stun in it and lower the coldown of what already exists for cases such as the bahaar mechanic it is independent and does not need to ask the dps to do the tanker mechanic, because lancer and warrior have the 3 stuns correct? It wouldn't be difficult to balance the brawler with that.

Reassess the structure of a SINGLE iframe in the brawler which makes its use well controlled in order not to run out because there is only one to be used.

And finally, buff it with something interesting for the DPS class, so that it can match the other DPS and be recognized as a DPS itself and not as a meme that caresses the boss practically, it's funny and sad at the same time.

I made this text to try to further motivate the TERA team to balance one of the coolest classes that I have seen in this game and that has so many players who like it and continue playing with it, even though it is so bad, because the style of this game character is extremely wonderful.

Thanks to everyone who read this far and I hope from the bottom of my heart that this message will have some effect for the next patches, because the brawler is an incredibly sensational character to play and deserves it to continue living in the TERA universe.

Hell no! As i read what you wrote i can get you are Brawler Fanboy and want him be to much OP!

No, no, no, no! Brawrer is strong enough already, he is one of best PVP classes. No again!

I have Brawler, and use him for PVP mostly, and i know how hard he is to defeat already, and you want buff him even more? Its not balance, its just your desire to be better than other classes, so again, no. Its bad suggestion.

Edited once, last by Lucid.Fan ().

• - Try Bahaar with a brawler and try to give the sequence of 3 stuns on the boss because of a mechanic who is a tanker exclusively and fails miserably, do you know why? because the brawler is the only one, the ONLY tanker that doesn't have 3 stuns for this mechanic, warrior has 3 stuns, lancer has 3 stuns, but the brawler has to ask the DPS to give the second and third stun, because she is extremely evil thought and this dungeon shows that clearly.

who said anything bout this being a tank only mechanic? if anything its because people are both blind and lazy to stop being meter zombies and actually help during these.

• first of all lucid
    this game has been online for 8 years since Beta test, first new class (reaper) is 6 years old, brawler is 4 years old, so idk what you came from with 9 years statement,
    2% buff isn't failed attempt, to outweight that buff you need to have bugged akasha in dsu 4 level of spammy boss, (side note, no other boss is that spammy or remotely close to it) second of all, i do agree with you, but you simply gave no new suggestion of what we initially suggested so idk what you are trying to get from this.
    i do agree that brawler needs more iframes and more party utility, but i rather wait to see what they have in hand first cause well they have plans to buff brawler utility
    https://www.seraphinush-gaming.com/dev/review/2020/08/
    i rather wait and see what they got rather than blatantly screech, also the ironflex is bad for any content no matter what party comp rn, you are giving up 15 power for all party including you for something weak for party dps, 60*1.xx value is just weak to compare unless you are soloing

• September class balance for brawler

• Provoke
      • Decreased cooldown from 15 seconds to 10 seconds
    • Ground Pounder
      • Added maximum aggro effect for 5 seconds on the last hit

hello ?