Desired Slayer Changes

• Hi,

so this thread is for desired slayer changes to improve this class since this class isn't that great and the upcoming patch almost don't affect Slayer at all and the Slayer damage overall isn't that great.

Why?

1. We get a new passiv which,
    "Increase Physical Resistance Negation by 4% of Physical Amplification"

It's okay.

2. Heart Thrust gets also a new extra effect which is

"Increase Physical Resistance Negation by 5% of Physical Amplification"

Since this buff only last 5 seconds and we use this skill as a filler.... *shrug*

3. Overpower (Generates an overpower buff every 4 seconds!)

"Increase skill power of the next skill based on Physical Amplification" > dmg goes up from 33% to around 40-45%

So this passiv applies only on 2 filler skills (Knockdownstrike, Heart thrust) and one main skill (Whirlwind, only on the first hit!).

Desired Slayer changes

1. 482597657852772392.png?v=1 Overpower should apply on both 479724437642543114.png?v=1 Whirlwind hits.

2. Increase damage of 479724437525102592.png?v=1 Savage Strike and 479724437432827914.png?v=1 Measured Slice

3. Make Fury Strike 481674201221169154.png?v=1 relevant again.

If you have any other suggestions, post them below.

Greetings,

Shiro

• Hello,

I greatly agree with the changes, we clearly need these changes to make slayer relevant on the future patch !

Even more because we actually need more crit factor (around 300) to have critical strikes, the opposite of some classes that can go full power jewelry and have a better dps

• 1 : fix overall crit factor on slayer (it feels bad runing 400+ crit factor on corrupted skynest and criting 65% or less)

2 : lower the cd of over hand strike by 7% at least , since slayer rotation based on ohs resets ! which cause alot of dps lose if ohs doesn't reset ( warrior has now rain of blows that compensate if blade draw does't reset)

3: reduce in coldblod cooldown at least we can use it 3 times in 2 min runs (somtimes we are forced to use old 7% + icb roll chest and gear swap to have 3 icbs ( again warrior deadlygamble can burst more than slayer icb and still it has a low cd )

4 : make savage strike hit physical instead of magical

5 : buff unsheathe damage instead of giving overcharge damage it doesn't fit the playstyle of the class and not charging unsheathe gives us the ability to improvise using savagestrike

• I suggest to make it more manly class with cool looking skills that not only e-girls will play it.

The class could have potential. Big sword is cool. Also less space bar demanding, it hurts the thumb.

• 1 : fix overall crit factor on slayer (it feels bad runing 400+ crit factor on corrupted skynest and criting 65% or less)

2 : lower the cd of over hand strike by 7% at least , since slayer rotation based on ohs resets ! which cause alot of dps lose if ohs doesn't reset ( warrior has now rain of blows that compensate if blade draw does't reset)

3: reduce in coldblod cooldown at least we can use it 3 times in 2 min runs (somtimes we are forced to use old 7% + icb roll chest and gear swap to have 3 icbs ( again warrior deadlygamble can burst more than slayer icb and still it has a low cd )

4 : make savage strike hit physical instead of magical

5 : buff unsheathe damage instead of giving overcharge damage it doesn't fit the playstyle of the class and not charging unsheathe gives us the ability to improvise using savagestrike

Sry ot quote but its easier ot structure it this way

1: not knowing the actual crit formula hurts this, adding to the fact we are now 3 levels under the bosses + the overall Hp is everything went up, it feels like the crit reliant classes could do with some of their skills having their built in crit tweaked not just slayer.

2: mightaswell go the valk route and give OHS a garanteed reset mechanic in other relevant skills

3: no strong opinion on this since this is dependant on fight durations and what now but ICB is a REALLY powerful buff to allow ppl ot use it liberally. comparing it to warrior is tricky becasue i see warriors playing with a completely different goal in mind but i wouldnt be against factoring the old chest line into the Cooldown.

4: i have no idea why this isn't a physical skill to begin with.

5:i legit to this day still don't understand what's the optimal way ot use this skill: tap or overcharge but what i do know is that while satisfying as f to pull off its very clunkly ot how the rest of Apex slayer is meant ot be played.

• How about a no? Did your starboy Zelda got roflstomped in battlegrounds and now you want to suddenly overbuff slayers because he can't possibly get rank 1 for the prestige titles?

Slayers are doing just fine, with the buff it will be even better, you cannot and will not play it at a decent level, those people are long gone.

Being a moderator and having influence and power must feel great but even this has a limit, thankfully compared to other situations this will not play as you wish it to, God exists and he's Korean!

Also big thanks to our russian friends for making the automation playfield even!

• How about a no? Did your starboy Zelda got roflstomped in battlegrounds and now you want to suddenly overbuff slayers because he can't possibly get rank 1 for the prestige titles?

Slayers are doing just fine, with the buff it will be even better, you cannot and will not play it at a decent level, those people are long gone.

Being a moderator and having influence and power must feel great but even this has a limit, thankfully compared to other situations this will not play as you wish it to, God exists and he's Korean!

Also big thanks to our russian friends for making the automation playfield even!

inb4 TruthSedge getting silenced, kidnapped and banned by the authorities xd

• slayer's already getting a passive to allow them to ignore physical defense and it gets stronger as you get more Amp?

also

1: you miss read what they meant on brawler: its actually reads more in the line of " skill damage and effects increase based on physical amplification" aka: brawler personal damage and tanking utility sacle off phys amp(unlike lancer which is off phys resistance)

2: that kind of passives that read" turn one offensive stat into another" are extremely powerful and often allow for very abusive builds that are impossible ot balance for and the logic of " x class is getting it too" doesnt hold.

• why do you keep mentioning player's name while we're talking about a class change if you have a problem with zelda keep it to yourself this thread is for slayer changes not drama thread and slayer is a fine dps class but he's not in lvl of a warrior or a valkyrie we slayer mains we want to be equal to other top tier classes because slayer is not easy to play due to purpolsion passive i mean it feels bad puting so much effort on a class while you get mega outdpses easily by another class

• why do you keep mentioning player's name while we're talking about a class change if you have a problem with zelda keep it to yourself this thread is for slayer changes not drama thread and slayer is a fine dps class but he's not in lvl of a warrior or a valkyrie we slayer mains we want to be equal to other top tier classes because slayer is not easy to play due to purpolsion passive i mean it feels bad puting so much effort on a class while you get mega outdpses easily by another class

hi ZELDA big fan!

• How about making for Slayer a new passiv with "Increase Physical Amplification based on Crit factor" so we can go with a full crit facotr but also deal a lot of damage.

And also to maddante

A lot of classes have drawbacks but this does not mean that we should all vote or give feedback to insanely buff one particular class.

Balance should be done differently, you cannot make every class equal it would not make sense and it's impossible to do, but look at what you support in the first place. You don't want an improvement for slayers you want them to one shot everything in pvp and score top dps in pve.

From all the new class releases in the past have you learned nothing at all? Seeing how overpowered some new classes were upon release(gunner,valkyrie,brawler), there is no reason to start doing it over again.

And as far as the WE WANT TO BE EQUAL IN DPS WITH WARRIOR OR VALKYRIE, every other player playing a different class has all the claim and right to demand the same thing.

Be happy with what you already have.

• aaand eveyone will play slayer again and the LFG will be filled with RNG trap slayers that they will say hey i main slayer since beta and everyone will start giving guides about slayers and no one will care about the other classes and every retard that i actually know without mentioning names will leave thier warriors and lancers mains to play slayer again claiming they want to give slayer a shot and only when the krapton buff it

yayy lets goo yay ..

• The Crit Rate on Overhand Strike, Eviscerate and Whirlwind is very low. Knockdown Strike is mostly under 50% crit rate so let's just forget this skill (which has the most glyphs).

I always see this one specific problem. In order to keep up with the othe classes we went full power, but now we lack the crit rate to crit with the other skills mentioned above. If we go a bit on crit, we start to crit, but the damage goes down and we are at the same point. So they need to adjust there a bit

I still think a passiv which gives slayer more dmg the more crit they have.

And there is this thing

7a5e4f18fd6dae0db9b14c87a4d07369.png

10% to increase the Overhand Stike damage by 100%.

That almost never procs, and if it procs, it's a non crit.

• ez Replace the OHS advance from the current to: increase chance to crit. if that's what bothers you(similar ot what archer has on windwalk at level 70).

however the double damage proc is gone entirely, you dont get ot hve your cake and eat it too, slayers already has way too many % damage buffs for all skills that can scale endlessly given the right scenario with gearing.