Loot patch DG: review

• As someone who try to help new players to do the following dungeon: AAHM / GVHM / AQ I really do not understand why you give only 5 entry PER WEEK.

Do you realize how you prevent new player to actually play those dg ? To play any of the latest DG (Kelsaik nest / forbidden arena) you had 2 or 3 days to find your roster and if you did'nt then your only choice was to Q.

Yet, even though you MAY find people due to the matchmaking ( if you wait for 30 min or more if you are not a tank) you may be kicked out of your party because they don't want to waste time with people who want to learn. Why ? Because the DG is more than 3 days old and if you have not cleared it yet you are trash \ o/.

Thus, the decision of extending low entry number to the dg aforementioned dungeon is insanely stupid. Most of the well established guilds will not bother to teach new players and without new players which can enjoy the end content and are stuck on low level dg, the chance of them quitting tera is quite high. Moreover, for player like me who do try to help people learn mechanics through normal way (because in case you forgot some people use proxy so that they won't have to learn the mechanics) it is also disadvantaging. My question is: Why the f*ck should I still help lancers, brawlers and DPS to learn the mechanics and stay for more than 1 hour in a dg (if most of my team consist of begginer) if I could just chill with other players and do it in less than 15 minutes?

=> And don't tell me "but you have extra loot if you do that" cause it works only if you use the matchmaking option and the extra loot is laughable (meaning that it is not balanced with the difficulties of having an inexperienced player but it is still nice to have it).

As such, you should double the entries : 5/10 => 10/20 , because even though your excuse is that "you stuff will be easier to upgrade" there is still the question : Okay then but what if I don't like some dg ? What if I have nothing to do on TERA because I have done all my lvl 70dg and there is nothing left to do ? (5 dg per day if you are not a tera club member)

Moreover, almost all of the top players already have their gears or are close to have them up to max lvl. This means that again there will be a striking difference between players and yet again you divide your community.

Overall, I appreciate the effort of trying to simplify the access to gears but the way of doing it is wrong. From 40/80 entries to 5/10 entries is not Ok. 5/10 could be understandable if it was EXTREME mode or if it was the last DG (like older lvl 70 dg = 10/20 entries per week and new dg=5/10 and when a newer dg is released the old one goes from 5/10 to 10/20) but for hard more it is completly stupid (even more so when there is a quarantine and people are likely stuck at home with nothing to do except playing).

• Big agreed. They should definitely at least double the entries cuz 5/10 entries a week is nothing. Why would you limit people that actually wanna run stuff? xd

Also personally I am NOT "allowed" to do runs outside of my Static - because there are only 10 entries a week and of course I wanna run with my group so I have to keep ALL of my runs for the like 1-2 hours each evening. Like idk - let me run randomly when I want to during the day or night or when people are missing etc - it really sucks not being able to actually play the game which is the whole point of it xD

Worst patch in the history of tera - I'm done with this game until they revamp a lot of stuff.

The post was edited 2 times, last by tobtheking2 ().

• Thank you \o/ and exactly my point too. I think they want to do this to encourage pvp, but let's be honest they destroyed pvp and it needs a serious rework (more than just some loot (even though the personal title is tempting)).

Moreover, as I said I train people (at the moment 2 tanks) and even though I switched main from dps to healer to help it is nervewraking to see how little respect they have to people who wants to help other play the game x_x .

• They gave us coin saying that this way we could run our favourite dungeons as munch as we liked, and now we get even less entries than we had before coin update.

I mean, before we had 7/14 weekly runs (1 or 2 per day), but we could actually reset them as many times we wanted using scrolls that could be bought from vanguard merchant.

It's even more laughable that they introduced this after they gave us more coins.

Btw, I appreciate the loot boost (at least now I don't have to rely anymore on GVH/DFH alone for missing accessories), but the upgrading boost is partially a joke: it will be easier to upgrade blue gear to +15 (thing that no one does), but for golden gear the boost is only for 0-10? I mean the big deal is 11-15 so I don't understand this, really.

• the main issue is gonna be that ppl wont be inclined ot run outside of their statics unless they got a ton of Geared alts

evne if you do..why would you waste runs when the abiltiy ot farm a specific run got limited.

unless the loot is grossly overbuffed or you are encoruaged to use up those entries liberally, its not gonna be an improvement.

• They gave us coin saying that this way we could run our favourite dungeons as munch as we liked, and now we get even less entries than we had before coin update.

^ this

Yet another downgrade for Tera, thx very much...

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• Ahahahahaha still you expecting some good updates ? Wtf wrong with u guys ? If u keep playing it doesnt matter when u rage here or complain about the patches.

Just leave it.Make it desert.Let the servers be ghost town.

I was. feeling and raging many stuffs since 2015.Nothing changed .Its getting worse and worse every day,week,months,years.

Also as a pvp lover,i remember many pvers were trashtalking about us when krafton were started to kill pvp contents.Pvers were backstabbing everytime when pvpers complaining about pvp rewards,upgrade system etc.

And i remember 1 pvper guy posted this "guys,one day they will ruin pve contents too if there is not enough pvpers.If u dont support us,next step is ruining pve.U will understand what i mean soon or later"

Now pvers facing with it.

• this guy knows what he is talking about. listen to him.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions.

With best regards,

• I understand your feeling about the whole situation, but saying nothing is worse than pointing out an issue. It may seem futile or stupid in your eyes and I perfectly understand why.

Shore is not good (and I dare you to make me think the contrary), Corsair is now a joke with player not even knowing basic strat, and the GVG is the biggest joke out there on server lacking skilled population (#samebigguildwinningeverytime) and people wanting to join the "omega guild".

They changed Gridirion due to the complaint of Pvp players and now it is dead

Fraywind which was the best pvp bg was unbalanced and then they just got rid of it.

They got rid of Alliance conflict so that more player could enjoy mass pvp but alliance had the merit to have mechanics and a limited amount of players per alliance. It was not perfect but at least there was a minimum of 2 alliance with some kind of equal power.

Now they give this update for more loot which nerf PVE and seems to "reboost pvp" with unique rewards and little disadvantages, but so what ? It is still not enjoyable to Q corsair and somewhat end up with a team which cannot protect inners, pvp ing against player who use bugs and so on. Moreover, even though new player could gear up "thanks to" pvp they will not be better pve player as playing pvp or pve is different.

I know people who sent private request to the support and got answers like "nobody play pvp so no need to upgrade it" and it is raging because it is too late to save it now. PVE is slowly degrading too and by pointing it out I feel like I am not wasting my time.

However, I am not too stupid too. I will just stop bying from the game. So what if there is new skins ? I have enough in game money to buy it and will not bother anymore to try out my luck. Tera club ? Well, if they make coins irelevant I have no need for it as crafting is too to outdated.

Yup, the advantages which they were selling "more coins for tera club member" and so on are beccoming irelevant. They are puting back the system of double entry for tera club member but diminishing the number of entry we have 7 => 5 (old vs new)

Yes those reset scroll were epic, and I remember events where you could get 2 or 3 reset scroll for 5 runs. It was really good and I was a bit skeptical when they introduced coin because of that.

They want us to buy random lootbox for materials so of course it is not gonna be so easy x_x . At least when it used to be VM + (x) we did not have to pay so much per fail. Now they are just reintroducing what used to be the upgrading techniques for high end stuff but they make it almost worse. It just screams "I want money" but if they REALLY wanted to make money they could just focus on improving the game and introducing more cosmetics or secondary features such as housing/ weddings/ pet's cosmetics/ mounts breeding. So many lost opportunities. They could also work more on the advantages of being a tera club member (not something op like tera club member gain 5% more dps or life) but some small advantages like choosing a mount from the shop for 1 month as the "tera club mount" (so that not everybody get the wolf) , having a special tera club skin (dunno a pretty or badass outfit), implementing a title if you buy regularily (something like Sponsor dunno), having a place with statue of people who use tera club (same as bahaar statue but this time it is 5 random people who got their statue in velika or I dunno where), actual good reduction on the cash shop for tera club member ( at least 20% off). There is so many possibilities. Yet they choose like many other game I stopped playing to force people to do something (or heavily imply them to do something).

--------

Anyway, at least I am happy to see that some people still care about this game \o/ (yes I'm trying to be positive)

• However, I am not too stupid too. I will just stop bying from the game. So what if there is new skins ? I have enough in game money to buy it and will not bother anymore to try out my luck. Tera club ? Well, if they make coins irelevant I have no need for it as crafting is too to outdated.

So u are buying costumes from other players who payed real money for it..

It makes no difference if the money comes from you or him.

• This needed to happen at the start of the patch when feedback was provided from Korea and how things went there instead of the copy/paste. With the limited amount of entries Tera Club is now a must and it's a good thing also pvp is coming back.

I am hesitant about this being just another bait&switch, now with more people indoors than ever due to the pandemic the player base is going to rise, it depends on how things move forward, regarding the exploits increasing the materials and upgrade rate is a start, either way big thanks for the profit.

• This needed to happen at the start of the patch when feedback was provided from Korea and how things went there instead of the copy/paste. With the limited amount of entries Tera Club is now a must and it's a good thing also pvp is coming back.

I am hesitant about this being just another bait&switch, now with more people indoors than ever due to the pandemic the player base is going to rise, it depends on how things move forward, regarding the exploits increasing the materials and upgrade rate is a start, either way big thanks for the profit.

how to make pvp alive? kill pve. great plan :'D

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions.

With best regards,

• It seems it will be balanced out, it does not kill pve, it forces pve players to run multiple dungeons, instead of just spamming one, it's a great way to learn but it depends of how players that are already Skilled will cope with others, as is said above.

Anyhow the pvp is going to be a smash fest, 6 trophies for a custom title, with glitter and light effects, big flex on the entire server.

• So u are buying costumes from other players who payed real money for it..

It makes no difference if the money comes from you or him.

It does: Instead of giving them 100 euros and the other player giving the same amount of money meaning 100 euros (so 200 euros in total) ; this time they can only claim 100euros. Halfed money, true prices at the broker will rise but who cares \o .

If I did not buy anything with real money from the start then it would make no differences. But when players who pays diminish it will be a problem for them, no matter how small the buying player paid.

---

TruthSedge, the player base may rise but I doubt a lot will stay. I stayed in a beginner zone (lvl 20) for 5 days and gave advices as well as money for new players (something like 5k per players) some pm me and out of 20 who added me to their friendlists only one made up to the lvl65. The other just stopped halfway (lvl 40/50). I also do not count players who did not added me to their friendlist and whom I dunno what they did. Nevertheless, never saw any of them in Highwatch.

And for how skilled player will cope with them, I can tell you that it is most of the time not good. One of the tank I helped told me "I got kicked everytime because I don't know the mech and died to often" and sadly the system take an entry if mobs are killed in the dg which is also why 5 entries for not tera club member is pitifuly low.

• the only way this change can be an upgrade would be if it comes with the abiltiy ot reset entries like you could pre adventure coins

if not the devs are very clearly forcing you to play in a certain way that they might regret.