Returning player (after like 5-6 years) some question about the game

• Is game still pretty populated?

Can I find people for dungeopns and so on without any problems?

How long will I need to actually get decent gear that will let me queue for endgame dungeons?

Would you generally reacommend the game in 2020 or should I just wait for new titles that gonna release this year?

Thanks for answers ^_^!

• I guess people will say good and bad things here (mostly bad like always) but I guess you can give it a try.

The thing is, now that you can level up to 68 so much faster and get a new blue Azart gear rather cheap (that's like Stormcry +5 or +7? Or something similar), you can get to these high end dungeons relatively fast. It is good and bad at the same time because so skip so many dungeons, you'll miss the learning curve of the game.

Finding people shouldn't be hard once you're in a nice active guild where people do guild runs, or even just LFG helps. When there are events to clear dungeons (like what we had now, clear dungeons 15 times and there were high end and low dungeons as well), even Instance matching was popping off really fast.

That being said, you can try to hop on the game, get to 68, get the new gear and check things out. It won't take much time, just please make sure to know what you're doing before venturing into dangerous instances. Don't make the other party members' time unnecessarily hard. x)

And if things won't work out the way you expected, you can still leave if you wish, you wouldn't waste that much time with all this. At least you gave it a try.

• Do you know any nice active guilds?

Is Brawler good class for it? I mean I don't really want to play hardcore this game. I just want to have fun from time to time and do some dungeons from time to time. Like 3-4 times a week for couple of hours.

• Is game still pretty populated? no

Can I find people for dungeopns and so on without any problems? no

How long will I need to actually get decent gear that will let me queue for endgame dungeons? long time if u start from 0

Would you generally reacommend the game in 2020 or should I just wait for new titles that gonna release this year? better look for something else, not worth starting from 0, to much grid+rng compared to 0 content and effort for new improvements.

• Is game still pretty populated? no

Can I find people for dungeopns and so on without any problems? no

How long will I need to actually get decent gear that will let me queue for endgame dungeons? long time if u start from 0

Would you generally reacommend the game in 2020 or should I just wait for new titles that gonna release this year? better look for something else, not worth starting from 0, to much grid+rng compared to 0 content and effort for new improvements.

This, completely. I want to add that it's not only very grindy, it's also very P2W. The game has soooooooo many new gear slots, items, etc. you need now to farm compared to 5 years ago, you have no idea. Even for character levels you need hundreds of hours now.

Funny thing is, I've recently watched a Gameforge stream on Steam, and they were trying to show off Dungeon gameplay but even they couldn't find players online (LFG was like 1 group loooooooool) and they just had to end the stream. That's how dead it is. Before evening it's impossible to find random people, and even in the evening, it's all about static groups or well known, well geared players. As a newbie/returnee/non-p2w, you stand no chance my friend.

• This game was playeable beetween 2013-2015.After 2015 retard devs and unresponsible greedy company gameforge ruined everything.Next step is "Creating RNG character" and new item in cash shop "Non rng creating character scroll for 1000 tt".The game living its last days tbh.This game cant be more depressive,rng based,p2w.Thats why most of the veterans and casuals left this game.

Just wait for new games.Current ones are full p2w and grindy.

Thats why mmorpgs loosing blood in pc platforms and fps,moba games getting better.Both of them are competetive and not doing same sh!t over and over.(u need to make strategy,u need to improve yourself in these games for being competetive.) In mmorpg's u have to grind like an imbecile whole day or pay for win.

• Back then the game was based around more skill of the player than gear. It did a full turn around 2015 and it's been the same ever since.

Don't bother with this game it's dead. Although browse the forum for pure entertainment. You know a games dead when the forum is more active than the game

Community are delusional elitists and p2w garbage that have to use proxy and softwares to even play the game.

The game is far from back what it was in 2013, this game is long dead.

Just look down the forum, all it is, is just complaints and man children flexing about the non existent pvp who think they're top tier now because everyone else left...

Imagine thinking you're good in a dead game rofl

Learn by your mistakes or never improve~ :xeno:

• Is your dog dead too, if he has a bad time?

Tera is dead (Dog).. All that is left are the players (bacteria), who need the game (dog) to live and reproduce.

Tera is past the "having a bad time" line..

• Hmm any comment about actually single positive comment in this thread?

Is Glacial just whiteknighting the game or people are just overly toxic?

Doesnt matter tbh.It doesnt work anymore (i mean whiteknighting).A retard person can understand the game situation if he/she logs in.Afk fishing, endless grinding means the game is dead for most of the people.

• Hmm any comment about actually single positive comment in this thread?

Is Glacial just whiteknighting the game or people are just overly toxic?

he is probably not even playing the game anymore or just casual player which is no example

Is your dog dead too, if he has a bad time?

Its more like the dog is dead, and you keep the body cus he is cute but it already started to stink.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smith ().

• Makes me smile when random people assumes stuff randomly without even knowing me. :/Also not sure why there's so much toxicity on the forum, if it's a dead game just leave. It's oki if you have a hard time because you have issues IRL but no need to spread it to others either. :rolleyes:

But to answer that, yes I'm a casual, I play for fun with others and it's still a possibility, if you can't then you're knocking on the wrong door or you have the wrong "friends" to play with. The game in that matter died whenever someone decided DPS numbers matter in a game which frankly only 1% cares and everyone decided to hop on the 3rd party software bandwagon to compete for things that doesn't even have rewards except a pat on your own back.

If you don't take the game seriously, yes, you can still play the game, have fun and enjoy. And since I can do it as a casual, I believe my opinion counts too. If not, you're free to get triggered by it.

If you're an elitist, I'm not going to deny the facts that the only way to gear up in a reasonable level is either not having a job, clinging on other high dps players or buying stuff from the shop. Or all the 3 combined.

• if someone wants to have the best that the game can offer is being elitist? some people want to have the top gear and not caring about being top dmg. if we can't get it, same time they can remove it. and its not like its impossible to make it easier to get, it just the greed for money is to big. if people can get gear, they can do things that they like to do and stop griding things that they have to.

• Makes me smile when random people assumes stuff randomly without even knowing me. :/Also not sure why there's so much toxicity on the forum, if it's a dead game just leave. It's oki if you have a hard time because you have issues IRL but no need to spread it to others either. :rolleyes:

Projecting.

But to answer that, yes I'm a casual, I play for fun with others and it's still a possibility, if you can't then you're knocking on the wrong door or you have the wrong "friends" to play with. The game in that matter died whenever someone decided DPS numbers matter in a game which frankly only 1% cares and everyone decided to hop on the 3rd party software bandwagon to compete for things that doesn't even have rewards except a pat on your own back.

Roleplayers like you will defend this game, because for you it's more of a dress-up/elin simulator than a video game with PvE/PvP challenges, so obviously you don't really care about the gameplay, only the graphics.

And if we are talking numbers, I think the roleplayers are the minority, while the actual "competitive" (elitist??? lmao) players are usually the majority.

If you don't take the game seriously, yes, you can still play the game, have fun and enjoy. And since I can do it as a casual, I believe my opinion counts too. If not, you're free to get triggered by it.

Roleplayers/whiteknights will ALWAYS say this about games, because they can enjoy literally anything, as long as they can dress up their little characters.

If you're an elitist, I'm not going to deny the facts that the only way to gear up in a reasonable level is either not having a job, clinging on other high dps players or buying stuff from the shop. Or all the 3 combined.

You never said this in your first post, so I believe it's understandable that people after you added this too. No need to be triggered, indeed. ;)

• Hard to tell the elitist part of the game to a returning player who's far from being that person.

if someone wants to have the best that the game can offer is being elitist? some people want to have the top gear and not caring about being top dmg.

? If you don't care about top dmg stop longing for something you can't have. Be happy with what you have and stop sweating so hard over getting the BiS gear for that extra x% dps. When all you hear is that "I'm not accepted into parties/my dps is low/*compares him or herself to another player and complains more* is just so annoying sometimes because there are those elitist players who just can't take others in because they're missing a gear piece or not +15 or whatever reason they can come up with and then these lower geared players will try to get geared up so they fit in these parties SO HARD, eventually becoming one of them, it just pains me.

Roleplayers like you will defend this game, because for you it's more of a dress-up/elin simulator than a video game with PvE/PvP challenges, so obviously you don't really care about the gameplay, only the graphics

What? xD Casual players doesn't mean they don't do high end stuff and they only "dress up their barbie characters". Not sure if you know the meaning of "casual" and just randomly throwing your assumptions all over the place.

Or if "roleplayers will defend the game" then "haters gonna hate"? Because so far that's the only thing I'm seeing and makes me want to stop having any conversation with you since you have proved nothing meaningful but to show you have no idea what you can achieve as a barbie dress up player casual.

And my point simply was, just because you guys dish on people who don't care about the competitive scene, no idea why does it make their opinion irrelevant ("no example").

• Is game still pretty populated?

Can I find people for dungeopns and so on without any problems?

How long will I need to actually get decent gear that will let me queue for endgame dungeons?

Would you generally reacommend the game in 2020 or should I just wait for new titles that gonna release this year?

Thanks for answers ^_^!

Absolutely not recommended to start Tera now. This game went p2w because it is on its last legs. Some end game materials cannot be reasonably farmed. It is only going to get worse from here. Unless you can p2w, stay away.