Hey Gameforge, when will you guys jump on the classic train?

• Title. The last classic event was pretty decent in my opinion and now Blizzard is making mad cash with WoW Classic which makes me wonder, when will you guys jump on the classic train and deliver permanent "oldschool" versions of both, Tera and Aion? Given with how immensely this game changed over the years I feel this would be an excellent opportunity for you guys to print money, and for us - the players - to enjoy the game we once enjoyed. I'd legit pay monthly sub or tera club if I could replay the old queen era once again.

What is everyone elses opinion on that matter?

• It would take 3months tops until everyone is max geared and what then? Will they release the same patches they did 5year ago or what.

Would also split the current community and make live servers even less populated so thats why its not gonna happen.

• It would take 3months tops until everyone is max geared and what then? Will they release the same patches they did 5year ago or what.

Would also split the current community and make live servers even less populated so thats why its not gonna happen.

Not necessarily. They have to find a sweetspot in terms of patches that keeps player retention up, as in offer booth - good amount of pve and pvp. That works just fine for private servers, for Aion that is - I'd imagine it could work just fine for Tera too.

• Whatever, they Tera Developers are making 2 tera mobile games: one is similar to tera classic but with different things. lemme check for it

as you see, it says classic but classes are different so do monsters.

• Blizzard is making mad cash and actually doing a perma classic server because they have the player base.

Tera in the other hand, doesn't.

๖ۣۜFaith - 70 Lancer
    ๖ۣۜAlexstrazia - 67 Brawler
    ๖ۣۜValithra - 65 Sorc

• Blizzard is making mad cash and actually doing a perma classic server because they have the player base.

Tera in the other hand, doesn't.

Retail WoW is bleeding subs because the game went into an direction the majority of the loyal fans don't enjoy. Tera is similar. I agree the initial playerbase is smaller but that doesn't rule out the possibility of an classic version which in return could attract more people again. Take a good look at Aion, another title published by Gameforge. Both NCSoft and GF drove that game into a direction where it is a shadow of its former self, though the difference here is that private servers of old, loved versions, exist. And guess what? They flourish with thousands of players logged in all around the clock. Some of them are p2w on top of that but that doesn't stop these people from playing because they'd rather put up with that but get to play an older version instead of having to put up with the current version of the game. I'm telling you, if a working private server of tera would appear - let's say queen or wonderholme era at best, it would be a blast and very much welcomed.

• Gameforge should make the classic server a normal PvP server and it should be pay 2 play: 10-20 per month. They also should advertise this or atleast announce this with 4-6 months before they open such a server so that players prepare for it. And like some other players wrote above me, they should brin real classic server, not vm3. They can patch the classic server until Vm2. This would be like 1-2 years of playing. Compared to 2012, nowadays a lot of players already played other action combat games and have better PCs.

• Nah vm2 is also bad.Vm1 is more than enough.Only alliance could be good if they can implement it (sure,without retarded alliance commander buffs,especially the one which gives u immune stun and everything)

I can pay money if its p2p.Also i dont care if there is rng costume and mount boxes.I will buy them for support for sure.Current situation is sh!thole.Thats why i wanna play in "real classic server" which is worth to throw my money like before.

But as i said,never gonna happen.Quality of publisher and developer can not do these things.

• lSorel VM1 was shittier than shit. You needed to farm stupid PvE (MCHM + LoT for MWA).

PvP gear and all its enchantment items should never be locked behind PvE content.

Classic server doesn't work for TERA.

It would only work if they delete all current servers and start from fresh again (level 57 cap) by having just 1 server that is PvP. PvE players could just turn off ability to be attacked.

And like i said VM PvP gear and all enchanting mats should be in the BG shops.

• makes no sense for them to go in that direction

Blizzard did it as a response for the players that werent happy with the directino retail woW was taking and they have the palyerbase to justify the split.

When Gameforge tried htis they immediately hit a snag, they playerbase is nowhere near as huge resuling in a further split that made the live servers ghost towns for most of its duration

plus they pushed the " wrong" patch for it setting the server as Vm3 but not actually delivering the right content on it instead donig a odd mix that didnt match the challenge rating+ it made ppl rememebers why some mechanics were changed(mostly aggro and buffing).

most relevant content in that patch was raid based, but there werent enough player to consistently fill raids

• Om3Ga At least u can farm mwa from any dungeon.For solo person,lot was good for making ig cash and enchanting.

Mchm farm is not necessary if u dont want vm1.Bloodrave gear was more than enough at least you can compete with vm1.Also conjunt was...

During that period,some pvers had a content.Clearing mchm was more competetive pve dungeon cause it had unique mechanics.Not like current retarded dungeons.It needed brain for clear.

Im ok for lvl 57 era too.Any classic thing is much better than current tera tbh.

If people would jump on the old content train, that just shows there's much to be desired from the current content. Like for example wider pool of fun things to murder. They bring specific dungeons back in "this will will be kinda challenging if you're not a potato" mode, but then they scrap them, as it was foretold by the themepark holy reliquary of perpetually failing game designs.

Don't argue with the walls...
    Lv.65 Slayer/Lancer/Berserker/Reaper

• It would take 3months tops until everyone is max geared and what then

Gear is nothing but a tool to play the game, not the game itself.

• Whatever, they Tera Developers are making 2 tera mobile games: one is similar to tera classic but with different things. lemme check for it

as you see, it says classic but classes are different so do monsters.

Oh look where they were throwing their development resources all this time....could have spent the manpower to actually improve current Tera but nopppp, making dem mobile game ofc.

Edit:

By the way, I couldn't resist of making a gift out of the best part of the trailer

5en4_a0ms9VvzNqBivYzvFnmiS2hwRJC52zWyZPmB-Xj0BQE3aIoxXZB1df6ZCpyi7pxfZEy2CFkmwfBFOcTTD2wbthILmxXb2XLrk7RObfrtB1lvSnH1ZClKFSIBo-NxQftRU9eWzgmLaksYJRyeJnokDPZixAcZIRDR7iEM2XyZkwYqFMUc5mL2BQDcLNl6JDVA9lQb6yMVDWdM9YgdYB1B0ehCQLiwTwIrtYskfrPxtQwMAB3uIpsIjvx9TBtY8oPWmuUONtjF6LJFcjGy9P5hOmlKqDX_yaRWslLJuvKPj-R1mqeJ07oLGgFhd7RgbvMM3Z0MWxae392WQqpibLeeY-gRFGKte9gY17c0EDbMXsDbWjeFjpHDqtJc91gmHRiqApAJRu5cdWimJ1KokTtqlmV-CKgpJ0yJUjao7fw67AOuhWOEjxwam5Ha6IhZGV1L8nvqfnCuG0EBf7OXfKFhlObv1xdRNZivSee4U66pNkcfO8WJwPthg6a-migcNCPYa85q1pLWn-J2ZS6YWX1SABtPqQ0HjmB6fCGWzBAX19DBioF5FsU7W_-U4jgqLhV7BmKGYu5uJfBgEOpR7S5eiMFI7wQMHWOkpD-cw0FcpADIECT4fRAc_ASXIdXGP_-CSHO3KpJhv2tJ3C3aBQ3acvb9pVN8u77gdj7ILhOiRsUr7p2m2wOhRD-dbTVRMuvD4qWaraBg1YED5RXpzH491704hhDGi1TYIEIKWvDviSyBA=w600-h338-no

Kawaii-desu over 9000:elin28:

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by senita456 ().

• When Gameforge tried htis they immediately hit a snag, they playerbase is nowhere near as huge resuling in a further split that made the live servers ghost towns for most of its duration

Playerbase did not got huge grown because patch was wrong. It would be completly opposite if they would released 56 lvl patch on PvP server.

Fact the curent servers would became even more empty is only proof Tera went wrong dirrection and need reboot.