Current PvP situation - a request for Gameforge.

  • Good evening everyone!


    My name is Sem, better known as Buscus and I am a PvP player from Killian. In this thread I will list my worries

    about the current situation of PvP. I hope you understand my points/concerns (and the concerns of

    many other PvP players) that I will list in this thread.


    Since the merge that we as Killian players asked for, the overall population of the server has been

    improved significantly, yet the overall gaming experience of a PvP player has been worse than it ever

    was. The main reason for this is the removal of open world PvP (PK/Outlaw). I know this has been

    addressed several times before in this forum, yet I feel the need to list some points in a more clear

    manner than was done before.


    Why is the removal of PK such a big problem?

    I can explain this the best by giving the following example: let’s say all the PvE people in this game

    have the choice of doing a total of 3 different dungeons that have been around for years and the

    possibility to do competitive/challenging PvE in the open world. Then, Gameforge decides to remove

    the possibility to do the competitive/challenging PvE in the open world. So, your only choice that is

    left as a PvE player is to do the 3 different dungeons that have been around for years. Answer for

    yourself: Would that ruin your gaming experience?


    This is exactly the situation for PvP at the moment. There was always a lack of PvP content in Tera

    due to the devs not making any new battlegrounds/original PvP events. Yet we could create our own

    content by doing open world PvP that wasn’t limited to just GuildvsGuild. Now that that is gone,

    there is just not enough PvP content for us to enjoy.


    Of course, the argument that Gameforge gave us is valid. There are only a limited amount of PvP

    players left in this game, so why would they make the server PvP? This is true and we understand it

    completely. That’s why instead of making the whole server a PvP zone (which would ruin the

    gaming experience of many PvE players), make Velika Outskirts a PvP zone (which is where all the

    PK’ing in the last 5+ years took place). This approach will not affect PvE players (since why would

    they be in Velika outskirts?) but will give the PvP players that are left in this game the possibility to

    actually enjoy PvP again.


    Other than that, I’ve talked to countless of inactive players from Killian. The main reason of them

    quitting/not wanting to come back is that there is no open world PvP anymore. So if Gameforge

    decides to make VO a PvP zone again, I bet there will be a big return of inactive PvP players from Killian.


    Nonetheless there are still hundreds of players playing at this moment that actually enjoy PvPing in

    Tera. Instead of ignoring their presence and taking content from them, why not give them their most

    enjoyably piece of content back when it doesn’t negatively affect anyone else?

  • If this were true, those players would already be here or would not have quit in the first place- and instead would be dueling or fighting death matches in VO or wherever they want.

    And your request would just be a QoL feature.

  • +1 for this.



    I was in VO earlier trying to duel and, as a newcomer (came back after years), it's really impossible to do even that. Why? Because there's literally no reason to Q for battlegrounds (so little and untradeable rewards); paradox is, you need to do CS in order to gear up and, since that won't pop, no duels, no shore, nothing.... I left my lancer because pve is plain boring, reskinned bosses are also a problem for someone like me who used to sell quills, no more shandra for me, thanks. The only reason I kept playing was open pvp, I moved to kilian and found again the joy of playing this game. Friends moved after me and we all found new people, mind though, most of 'em dont play now because pk isnt just here anymore. Buscus' idea is really great and I'd start playing "for real" if that happened. Im sure many would be back as well. Make VO great again.

  • If this were true, those players would already be here or would not have quit in the first place- and instead would be dueling or fighting death matches in VO or wherever they want.

    And your request would just be a QoL feature.

    Man... Why you try to bomb his request? This topic concerns many players and i really really dont understand why ppl like you try to bomb those topics and find any arguments against while this topic dont even concern yourself. Selfish. There are simply NO arguments against outlaw in Velika Outskirts.

  • I very much feel offended by you declaring my own personal opinion as a "bomb".

    All I'm trying to do is lighting a discussion after the nice initial post by our friend Sem. If your arguments don't go further than "why you have to be mean" and "this doesn't even concern you" then I indeed feel concerned- for your point.

    You don't even know me, yet you claim that this post doesn't concern me. I am an active member of the PvP community, queueing for ballegrounds every single day and often waiting hours until one pops. I am regularly dueling members of my guild as much as people I meet wandering through the world. Yet, you just feel like you can leave me aside. What kind of deity do you think you are that you can decide who is part of the PvP community and who is not?


    It's exactly this toxicity that has lead to the decrease of the PvP community over the years. You don't want to deal with noobs who want to learn PvP, you don't want to deal with people in your team who could make you lose and you don't want to deal with people who have a slightly different opinion from yours.

    Now people don't want to deal with you anymore.

    Don't forget that it was you guys who desperately wanted a merge to do content again, and it was you guys who claimed that in case you get the desired merge you were OK with Mystel staying a PvE server.

    Now, even though you have all the tools you need to practice what you want, you ask for the server to -partially- become PvP again. How utterly dishonourable.

  • while i dont disagrree just worth noting


    "This approach will not affect PvE players (since why would they be in Velika outskirts?)"


    i know what area you specifically mention but this is jsut vague enough to GF to mess it up and thee is a PVe " hotspot" there, the entrance ot antaroth's Abyss the quizbowl for certain events + one of the guardian missions is played in that area.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Teixas ().

  • I agree with Teixas. Saying that making Velika Outskirts a PvP zone will not affect PvE players is just meh..maybe you lack a bit in PvE content knowledge? I mean it with no offense to be clear.


    That said, I also agree with Sem regarding the PvP Content problem. But solution would be actually really easy. Bring back Alliance and Alliance zone. Problem solved.

    I speak due to my personal experience.
    When I first joined Tera (Valkyrie patch), I was strongly against pvp for myself, because i was coming from another game with Open PvP world and there, as soon as you leave the city you can be easily killed by anyone, and that killed my fun and made me leave the game. Anyway, I only had a real contact with PvP when Gameforge organised the Tera Classic Event. And holy moly, now i am all 'GIVE ME ALLIANCE PLEASE :hail:'.


    Alliance will surely not affect PvE players, since you are only required to be part of an alliance but not required to take part of alliance war (is fun toh, but omg the lag), and above all, there is a specific time in alliance zone for pvp.


    I dunno, for me that would be a solution for everyone. PvP players will have their horses with flags (i want mine back ;() and a PvP zone, and PvE players will safely play in open world, enjoying pvp zone time to time just to try it. Also, Gameforge will not have so much work to do (or maybe yes) since they never removed the alliances facilities, they are there abandoned to theirselves ||. Such a waste!

  • Hey PinkQueen, just so we can come to a mutual understanding and for clarity.

    When you say "as soon as you leave the city you can be easily killed by anyone" what city was that?


    The only city that you can possibly leave and get pked (unless theres a guild war) is Velika. They have removed TRUE open world pvp. You can't pvp anywhere else in the world. You used to be able to, but that was some time ago. I don't doubt your story that you got killed when you leave velika to the outskirts. Since its every man for himself type of place. But I doubt that ruined your experience as it doesn't affect you unless you came to PK. Thats the only reason you'd go to Velika outskirts. And that was the case even before Valkyrie came. Are you sure you got your timelines correct? Just want clarifications thats all lol.


    Apart from that, I agree that there's no real reason to butcher the pvp and remove one of the main mechanics of the game. I did PVE for a bit, but PvP was always something I did and fully enjoy. Even though it was a fck-fest but that was the beauty of it. There was always surprises waiting for you. Whether thats a 25 man raid appearing out of nowhere and running you down, to small skirmishes (my personal favourite).


    But I don't even play the game anymore, quit like a few months after apex. But I can speak on behalf of many of my mates and the discord with many of old veterans that once pked and they would love the old Velika Outskirt PvP to return again, in all its glory...

  • Madheadjosh wrote:

    Hey PinkQueen, just so we can come to a mutual understanding and for clarity.

    When you say "as soon as you leave the city you can be easily killed by anyone" what city was that?

    PinkQueen wrote:

    i was coming from another game with Open PvP world and there, as soon as you leave the city you can be easily killed by anyone, and that killed my fun and made me leave the game.


    Madheadjosh wrote:

    The only city that you can possibly leave and get pked (unless theres a guild war) is Velika. They have removed TRUE open world pvp. You can't pvp anywhere else in the world. You used to be able to, but that was some time ago. I don't doubt your story that you got killed when you leave velika to the outskirts. Since its every man for himself type of place.

    PinkQueen wrote:

    i was coming from another game with Open PvP world

    Madheadjosh wrote:

    But I doubt that ruined your experience as it doesn't affect you unless you came to PK.
    Thats the only reason you'd go to Velika outskirts. And that was the case even before Valkyrie came. Are you sure you got your timelines correct? Just want clarifications thats all lol.

    PinkQueen wrote:
    i was coming from another game
  • i know what area you specifically mention but this is jsut vague enough to GF to mess it up and thee is a PVe " hotspot" there, the entrance ot antaroth's Abyss the quizbowl for certain events + one of the guardian missions is played in that area.

    I agree with Teixas. Saying that making Velika Outskirts a PvP zone will not affect PvE players is just meh..maybe you lack a bit in PvE content knowledge? I mean it with no offense to be clear.

    I understand the points that you two made here. Though, even when Outlaw was available back in Killian, dungeon entrances were made safe zones so PvE players were not bothered by people PK'ing them. I don't think this would be hard to implement for the guardian mission area as well.

    If this were true, those players would already be here or would not have quit in the first place- and instead would be dueling or fighting death matches in VO or wherever they want.

    Even though the main point of my post is to reimplement PK for the active PvP players, since we lack content. I will say that a big part of the Tera community takes breaks from time to time. Even myself took several breaks in the 5-6 years that I play this game. The removal of PK adds a barrier preventing many PvP players to come back to the game. Since why would you come back to a game when the feature you enjoyed the most throughout the years has been removed?

  • As part of the remaining active PvP community I did not ask for merge, in fact I was against it. Just to state that we have different views on the matter within the pvp community as well.


    My opinion is a pvp server should be implemented, fully pvp, including low level outlaw. Enabling pk in Velika Outskirts only wouldn't be enough, old kumasylum battleground for low level people and fraywind would be required as well.

  • Cm already said,they will not care pvp anymore.Im just checking forums time to time for seeing how the great game is dieing and ruining by both devs and the publishers.A....age game understood their fault about p2w and now they are remaking everything after some years for example.I hope someone can do something about tera in future.Still it has the best combat system if u compare with the other games.


    We are saying same things like OP over than 4-5 years.But after this huge time,we faced with an epic "f off" by them.You can live with your hopes which will never happen.


    Also,i agree that most of the pvp player/players were mean and toxic against newcomers,pvers etc.But main problem wasnt this.Pvers are still backstabbing pvpers.After 2015 pvers were saying "no rewards for pvpers,how can we sell our materials to people if u add x,y,z materials in to the bg shops?" "How can we earn silver ?" blabla.That forced many pvpers to be mean against them like me like my oldest friends.


    Both side are guilty here.Selfish pveers,toxic pvpers didnt support each other single time.Also bhs were staying on pvers side.Basically they didnt need any support from anyone they were already getting what they want until today.(more rng,bounded mats,no more income,boost fails,event fails,acc fails ruined their gameplay too.


    Congratz both side.


    We are calling this server "Eu" but in fact its copy of korean server.There will be never any updates for western people.There is huge difference beetween no lifer grinder koreans and western people.Thats why "pvp based games" are on top 10 at twitch,mixer and any other livestream platforms.


    Just check views.Tera has 66 vievers in total.That means something for you ha ? And check the popular mmorpg games and see their pvp side.Most of the pvp streams are getting more vievers because western people are interested in pvp more than pve.


    Anyway the words and demands are waste here.Quality and fun already left Tera.Hope they can make something for making you smile again but i dont believe it.Best option is finding less stresfull,fun pvp game tbh.


    (sorry for english mistakes.My main language is not english so i tried my best.Hope you get what i mean.)

  • Best option is finding less stresfull,fun pvp game tbh.

    There is no other PvP game that is as good as TERA... that is the problem. TERA is far far far ahead.

    Other game companies are sleeping for at least 10 years (2009 the combat system of TERA was shown the first time). No single developer copied TERAs combat system.

    Instead they create stupid games for eSports where every character/hero has 4 skills and they act like it is super competitive. Laughable.

  • There is no other PvP game that is as good as TERA... that is the problem. TERA is far far far ahead.

    Other game companies are sleeping for at least 10 years (2009 the combat system of TERA was shown the first time). No single developer copied TERAs combat system.

    Instead they create stupid games for eSports where every character/hero has 4 skills and they act like it is super competitive. Laughable.

    If you think about it those games are thinking how laughable our population is and why are we still playing this grindy slot machine.

  • I dont want to write to much at this hour. I know there is another thread about the PvP situation in Tera, but I had another idea and I had to open another thread.


    In the last years, Gameforge always opened new servers and merged them into older servers. As we can see, it is a time where there is only one international server, because there are not enough players. Most players stoped playing Tera because the developers made very bad changes to the game and the publisher doesn´t care so much about PvP in this game. I dont understand why Gameforge doesnt care so much about this game, because in Metin2, they have active GM´s and do a lot of events. So, my suggestion is just to open a new international pvp server, but with the old classic patch. The server doesnt have to stay forever with the old patch, it also can be updated every half year until the current patch, or just uptade things that would make the game better. I think a lot of players would return to the game, if GF would open a new permanent old school server. Just imagine, that a lot of players who had back in 2012-2014 bad PC´s and could not play this game well, could have now better PC´s and could enjoy the game. Just imagine the GvG´s and the open world pvp and the real money invested in the game in order to have faster a good gear. The old school server event from this year was just a joke. When I heard, that it will not be permanent, I didnt even try to play on it. There was no point in playing on old school server just for a few months and also lose a lot of time in order to slowly lvl up(as it was years ago) your character. Tera is a game with big potential for a PvP comunity, especially an old school server, where the classes didnt have so many skills and it was easier for newbies to play and enjoy the pvp. There are not many games what have so many kind of PvP options as Tera. Just imagine that Tera has: Open World PvP, Duels, GvG´s, Deathmatches and Battlegrounds(20vs20,15vs15,3vs3,5vs5). I dont know many games that offer so many options to do PvP. And also, we should not forget that Tera still has the best action combat. No other MMORPG has a better action combat than Tera.


    The new server can also be pay 2 play. You pay 20,30€ in order to can play on this new server.


    Please stay on topic!

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeresiu ().