About Player Behaviours

• Hi friends ,

Today i saw someone who blocked me because i didnot accept him/her to party. Therefore i want to share some opinions/experiences and want to listen your ideas about it.

1-) Gameplay and character of person are different topics. For example there is 5 star nice guy from heaven but his dps is either too low or not suits with high runs . In this case owner of lfg might decide to not invite this guy not because he is a bad person but he doesnot meet lfg expectations. You dont need to block owner of lfg because of that.

2-) If your dps is low or you are just simply need more training please dont try to join more experienced players lfgs. You should first go "training runs" than you should find people who has same experience like you to train more for reach more gucci gameplay. You dont need to get mad at experienced people who dont accept you in lfgs.

3-) There is cancer cycle of elitism. Unexperienced person trys to apply lfg > gets rejected(his name marked as noob) > makes ambition to reach certain levels > become experienced guy > still get rejected from some lfgs because of name mark > creates his own lfg > rejects unexperienced people . I suggest 2 solution for this problem 1-)Experienced people should re-think about people regularly and give them chances time by time. 2-)There should be in game guide for new players about road of TERA which can be put by Gameforge.

I would like to listen community about thoose topics , please share your ideas about it . thank you..

• I really do like the training lfgs. Even as an expierenced player it's good to have a run that lasts 8 instead of 3 mins so you can get used to mechanics u might struggle with or you are not 100% sure with. Also fighting a boss for 8 min is a lot more challenging as if it lasts 3min and everyone plays perfect.

I just dislike ppl that have 0 expierence in dungeons and apply to super expierenced party and if they get rejected they call u elitist or what not. NO, but there were dungeons that could wipe you since even exp parties needed to play save (e.g. Bahaar back in the days).

And at the start we wiped multiple hours aswell. Thats what some ppl don't understand as it seems.

From time to time I also like to help try grps - so we get more ppl to run dungeons with.

It's all a matter of giving and taking.

No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others.
    Denken ist schwer, darum urteilen die Meisten.

• Why does the opinion of someone who's obviously too bad for your party matter to you to begin with?

Ultima | Lv68 Priest | ILv 458 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• Sooner or later we all need deal with this kind of player sadly because there aren't enough decent players to pick for a dungeon. i rather take slow parties which takes 5 minutes longer than waitng 1hr + for "decent" parties

• Dont bases to chose ppl on dps they do, that is against ToS and you can be banned

:elin18::elin18::elin18::elin18:
    That won't get you banned.

Anyways, your LFG your rules. Just take people you're comfortable running with or just set whatever criteria to take people. Put a DPS threshold? X amount of clears? gear? just take people you know? Whatever it is just go ahead LUL

Many times I don't accept people from LFGs and I don't mean to hate... if there's 15 people I can choose from I will obviously take the most experienced / the best geared ones / the ones I get along with. I occasionally IMS or join random parties where I don't mind the skill level of the players I'm with, but when I'm making my LFG on my little free time at night I rather do it as I want to do it.

ALTHOUGH, worst case scenario is when you take someone in your party and this someone decides to invite his/her friend without even asking. Usually rookie in the dungeon.

Don't do that.

• :elin18::elin18::elin18::elin18:
    That won't get you banned.

Anyways, your LFG your rules. Just take people you're comfortable running with or just set whatever criteria to take people. Put a DPS threshold? X amount of clears? gear? just take people you know? Whatever it is just go ahead LUL

Well most of it is true except for the DPS treshhold.

You can see ingame if some one is rookie or exp in a dungeon but there is no "official" way to determine DPS from other players. And declined people with this reason can really get you in trouble no joke. I mean as long as you tell them anything else it's okay but don't say stuff like " according too moongourd/ whatever 3rd party stuff ...." can give you some trouble. Some one got warned for that and if you do it multiple times well it can result in a temporary ban.

• I think the problem is the current level cap too (and partially the gear).

Now, I don't consider myself as a bad player and before lvl cap I was pretty confident about my dps (not top but most likely over the average for my class, even if sometimes I'm used to play around, especially when I run with my guildies), but even before lvl cap udpate became hard to be accepted in some GLH parties because (IMO) I had only HO+0 (because, personally, I couldn't think any other reason).

Now obviously is even worse, because the difference in dmg between a lvl 67 player with just 10 adv skill points and a lvl 70 player with 120+ is huge; plus the number of lfg sinked drastically, and most of them are GVn or GVh... Finding a GLH run that accepts me has become a lottery.

• I mean, personally I just think you should go with whatever suits you. Sometimes you feel like doing quick and efficient runs, thus you reject people who don't seem experienced/have bad gear/whatever reason there is. Sometimes you're up for teaching people, and then you can take less experienced people. That's just how it works.

There's no hate between players, just because you reject them from parties. It's a mix of what the lfg leaders want and what the goal of the party is, if you don't live up to the party standards, that doesn't mean you're a bad person, but rather that you need to work on your personal skills.

As a player that started during RKE patch and was level 44 when RKE got released, I know everything about how hard it was to get into a party in RKE. I was viewed as a huge trap for a long long time, due to my inferior gameplay. I was aware of it back then and I didn't hold a grudge towards people, who simply were better than me. The only thing you can do in that situation, is keep working harder, maybe find some people to play with regularly on your level and attempt to become a better player, thus keeping people from rejecting you into parties.

You very rarely reject a player due to personal issues, it's simply a matter of party efficiency and finding like-minded players for the parties - and generally alligning goals.

Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Erpiez
    Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
    Mystic: Nexile
    Zerk: Ahriza
    Archer: Zeltoni
    Sorc: Datella
    Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
    Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Priest: Subtenmanacharge

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• I also have witnessed both ends.

Either I had trouble finding groups to run the new endcontent dungeon with, especially when I was "late" to the party (after release weekend usually) or guild mates were not in the mood for long teach runs and preferred clearing in one go instead. Even with experience it happens that groups preferred someone else instead.

But unfortunately on Yurian we no longer have the luxury to wait a minute longer for a more experienced player. For anything below and including GLS HM you can use instance matchmaking to fill remaining spots or hope to be a remaining spot for others or have to wait an eternity until someone even applies to your LFG.

• You don't always have to be that cold because being nice can also be beneficial.

I helped many rookies back in the days especially carrying them through hardest dungeon and now they always remembered it. They still play now and they always help me out, give me free gold and items when I decide to play again.

The worst part is when you get rejected and they don't say anything when you whisper them until you tell them it's your alt..

• Saddest part is that those who kick players dont get penalties.

If you want to run a dung, make lfg and u accept or not players.

But when you IM-ed..you accept risks.

And those guys that IM-ed as well, they have coins deducted from account.

So , not for once, douchebags that didnt want to learn and were from same guild, decided to disband GV party just because they were more than ... the rookiest of the rookie. i have a +9 SC dps , skilled at GV and many more, upgraded gear only from dung loot and craft,

so i know what i was doing there. they were not !

So they just disbanded. I wasted time and coins just to have that .

Should be the same when u choose to leave party and u get CD penalty. When u disband or kick after IM, get more penalties.

• I mean, they can't disband unless you agree to it. If all 4 of them left, they'd get a penalty shrug

Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Erpiez
    Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
    Mystic: Nexile
    Zerk: Ahriza
    Archer: Zeltoni
    Sorc: Datella
    Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
    Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Priest: Subtenmanacharge

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• there was no disband message on my screen ... even so, if they all just left party, besides cd penalty for im, there should be an additional fee , charged in coins. seriously, why would you im for a harder dung then leave? if u want to learn, then stay and learn !! not leave after you wiped once ..

• 2-) If your dps is low or you are just simply need more training please dont try to join more experienced players lfgs. You should first go "training runs" than you should find people who has same experience like you to train more for reach more gucci gameplay. You dont need to get mad at experienced people who dont accept you in lfgs.

That is not how it should be though.
    First of all, most low dps players don't realize their dps is low, secondly just training does not fix a wrong rotation or understanding of the class.
    You need to play with better people to learn from their positioning and in some cases rotations, not play with equally bad players.
    If a group doesn't specify they want people with x amount of clears then new players should be free - even incentivised - to join such parties in order to get better.

Getting mad for being declined is bad, yes, but I don't agree with the rest.

• 1) No. you are looking at this wrong, more often than not when ppl decline you to an lfg its not personal, blocking over this alone is how you end up with no ppl to play with.

2) i find this to be more of an issue with the lfg owner than the applicant, unless the run is specifically marked as " skilled only" anyone has the right to apply and not be berated over it, while lfg owners should make their goals clear if they want ot avoid this.

3)this is an issue stemming from a dwindling community, ppl will start taking note of the bad apples(tho im not aware of this list you seem to imply), but htis cycle is sadly very real and part of the reason the community dwindles, a LOT of players seem to forget where they came from once they get what they want and end up snubbing off potential new players instead of extending the benefit other before gave them, i honestly lost track at this point of how many ppl i tutored thru content, that now dont even give me the time of day if i happen ot poke them to help out someone else.Those are ppl that personally do belong on my block list.