How this game goes for a roleplayer?

• Hello everyone. I m kinda veteran rpg and mmos player, i ve played a lot gw2, wow, ffxiv and others. ALL this games i was a roleplayer, i like explore The maps, understand The lore, have Fun in some dungeons and pvp, collect itens and achievments etc etc... So, How this game will work for me ? I Will have places to explore and endgame lore to see ? Pvp and pve content are Just for hardcore players ? I will be tankfull If someone can explain me what Tera is all about in general aspects. Tanks guys. GL Hf VidMate Mobdro

• tera doesn't care about its lore for a long time now, lvling is too fast to explore the map and achievements are most of the time kill x hundred times, if you look for a good rpg i think tera is not your game

• I, personally, liked the story and connections of the characters and storylines in this game. I also have a friend who only explores and does quests and he is quite happy with the game and how he plays it. Most people in dungeons want to rush to level up fast and do not really care about the story.

So if you just want to explore the world and the story I would (do I really say this?) recommend this game for you. PvP is not really a thing in this game. There are a few battlegrounds but nothing a person that is focussed on PVP would become happy with.

In conclusion, it might be that this game is what you are searching for. You could try it.

1ye3Kpr.png

"But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.

“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”

“Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler, but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.”

Big F

• The lore is a mess without any consistency since the Argon War's ending back in 2012. Ever since then, it's just been random dungeons with random new bosses popping up and even the new lvl65 zone doesn't make any sense lore-wise, it's more like just a spin-off from the argon war into the demokron war.

Also, most of the roleplayers are usually low level players trying to roleplay their way via quests, but since the leveling barely takes a few hours, they get capped fast and then end up in an endless repeat of the lowbie dungeons (very easy, very fast ones, gets repetitive quite fast) with other roleplayers/casuals.

So yeah, up to you to try, but I think you'll realize soon that the game's too dead anyway.

• What I would suggest is doing the current levelling process using just the story based quests that give XP and speed through it taking in the sights and many of the characters. There are some quite wonderful places in Tera and so too some very colourful characters. The speed run that is the current levelling process using just story quests will also give yo access to solo dungeons and let you tip toe into the world of Tera.

Now here is the rub. They have changed the levelling process so that zone quests reward no XP. So as you do general yellow marker quests you will not level up. This may suit if you mix in also the story based quests but time your quests as they level very quickly.

For me I have always loved the story based questing albeit it has also been hacked around quite a bit. I enjoy the exploring so much. There are some crazy places in game, like the stepping stones into the sky ... that's a bit of a challenge for you.

The characters are very interesting and they carry some great story lines. The four basic centres of activity if you include the level 60-65 zones are quite different in truth. The first three more different than the last. But I have to say the story from 60 to 65 was for me the most touching and it played out very well. Bit sad in the end... spoiler.

The game also use to have a lot more variety of gear and armour from the game itself and you were able to copy and mimic clothing using an NPC but they removed that facility from the game. Dunno how you could pick up odd gear now as it looks like they have simplified things. The lighting and variation in colour schemes can also make for some interesting locations. Also the open world instanced areas which are quite massive are always fun to explore and to challenge. Though, again they carry for the most part no XP now.

Personally I rate Tera very highly and I think it is one of the most beautiful games ever made. The essence of what it was still exists but sadly its kinda struggled through failing numbers, and so they have done what most MMOs have done and diluted the game. WoW is no different, they have seriously crippled that game with scaling. None of that here.

Its a difficult shout but the story and characters are still pretty unique to Tera. It tends to hold water generally, with a little tongue in cheek. I'd give it a go. Most MMOs are pretty dross at the moment, some worse than others. For me having played most, I return to Tera every so often and have a go again. I levelled a character to 54 just in a day pretty much, so what you got to lose.

• Personally, I would suggest you to look another game, maybe a sandbox-type one.

As some user above said, Tera's lore pretty much ended with the argon war back in 2012/2013,rest it's just a mess.

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )