My Tera review

• Hey guys,

since I read a lot of negative topics about Tera here in forum I want to share my review of this game with you, because I am really flashed of this game. This is my steam review of Tera, maybe you want to share your reviews too?

I have played Tera for more than 500h now, so I think I got enough knowledge about this game to write a review now.

This game is the MMORPG I had the most fun with, and I have played a lot of MMORPG for a long time, like Lotro, AoC, FF14, Wow and so on and so on.

First thing I want to say about Tera is that this game is very fair to new players and always leads you through the entire game. When you are leveling up to 65 you always get good weapons with normal loot. You are not forced to run instances for good weapons. Some may say this is too easy but I say this game gives you good items just by normal loot which is good for new players.

Once you reach endgame, which starts at level 65, you will receive a quest and the reward of this quest is weapon, jewelry and armor to start with endgame. Yes, you don’t need to farm gold first to buy your armor or weapons from broker or leech in instances… you will receive your starting items just by doing one quest. And then you improve your items by enchanting them.

Unlike most other MMORPG you don’t get better weapons or armor as drop from instances. You rather find enchantment loot which you can use to improve your gear. You can either find this enchantment loot in instances or outside instances in the open world or through quests, which is one more great thing about Tera. You are not forced to do group content; you can also succeed very well as single player!

There is a chance to enchant your gear, so enchanting and improving your gear is not guaranteed. But especially the beginning gear starts with 100% enchanting chance and later on the enchanting chance is still very high. When you reach endgame gear (stormcry) then then enchanting chance gets lower and it is costly. Many players complain that the enchanting chance is too low and RNG based and it costs a lot of gold to enchant you gear… but it is the same like in others MMORPG when you run instances and hope that your gear drops. This is also RNG and you still need to hope that no other will get your loot. Both is RNG based, just gearing up in Tera is different compared to FF14 or Wow!

And I love the combat system in Tera so much. Unlike Wow or FF14 Tera is action based combat and not tab targeting. That makes the whole fights against BAMS (big signature mobs) and especially bosses much more reactive and less static, every fight feels different even though the boss and its mechanics are the same. Unlike ESO you still have to handle plenty of different skills.

Tera is not P2W at all! It is only pay for convenience! You can’t buy improving items in the shop that you can’t find by normal loot in the game. Of course you can buy items in the store and sell them for ingame currency (gold), but this gives you only time advantage. Like in most MMORPG it is the like this: You either pay your time to play this game, then you can archive all what you want, or you pay with your cedit card or Paypal to save time and get things earlier and easier. But let me tell you: to earn gold by quests, instances, crafting, fishing, guardian missions and so is a big part of this game. The more money you have the easier it is for you to enchant your gear, because you need to buy enchantment items from other players that you can’t craft yourself (you can only max one crafting profession with one character, for maxing out more crafting professions you need alts). So, when you pay by credit card and get a lot of gold by buying items in ingame shop and sell it through ingame currency, you steal yourself one big reason to play this game: Earn gold by playing.

So, play Tera. Play this cool game. It is very woth it!

Bendowill - Archer -

:/

Crywolfs - Mystel -

• Drinking too much is not good for your health, mate.

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 461 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv66 Archer | ILv 455 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• Tera is not P2W at all! It is only pay for convenience! You can’t buy improving items in the shop that you can’t find by normal loot in the game. Of course you can buy items in the store and sell them for ingame currency (gold), but this gives you only time advantage.

2,0 Crit Passives Mounts

Perfect Partners

Glorius Memento : https://teralore.com/en/item/152904/

Seal of Undying Flame: https://teralore.com/en/item/152905/

Fleetfoot Potion.

Are you sure you reviewed the game correctly?

• some corrections ~

+Brooch etchings IV

• this. the game is really hard p2w in the endgame (SC+6 or higher)

Such condescending comments (goes to Aeq and Maya_GM) was expectable actually. I dont mean your comment, Nekonekoo. I was referring your words because just yesterday I got my first HO gear and guess what? All I need to do for this is playing this game. Sure, I have Tera club membership, but besides this I only spent money for cosmetic stuff.

Bendowill - Archer -

:/

Crywolfs - Mystel -

• When you have Bis Max gear and char please come review :) , that means Upgraded QF/Marrow brooch , HO+3 Tier4 etchings in gear and accessories , amplifiers , lvl 66,68,70 Talyphs, 2.0 and 1.5 mounts.
    In my opinion 500 Hours (3 weeks of playing) lacks a lot. I have 149 Days gameplay on my Brawler and it is one of the 18 characters I have. and in one of your comments you recently got HO, So please get Bis then try again with your "review"

• When you have Bis Max gear and char please come review :) , that means Upgraded QF/Marrow brooch , HO+3 Tier4 etchings in gear and accessories , amplifiers , lvl 66,68,70 Talyphs, 2.0 and 1.5 mounts.
    In my opinion 500 Hours (3 weeks of playing) lacks a lot. I have 149 Days gameplay on my Brawler and it is one of the 18 characters I have. and in one of your comments you recently got HO, So please get Bis then try again with your "review"

no need to be so negative

• Am not negative , am stating facts, where is the negativity ? ;D
    After acquiring the requirements he/she can try again.

So please get Bis then try again with your "review".

Putting the quotations around it like this makes it sound really negative.

But I get what you mean, hes not truly in the endgame yet, since HO nowadays is just a start.