Players whom got banned because of fishing.

• Hello Tera community,

Recently so many random players got permanently banned in Tera because of using a module that helps you fish automatically in Tera.
    Okay, what they did is a breaking ToS for sure and it's unfair for other players because it gives you an advantage over other players by several things like : exp for level , gold when you sell fishes , and skill exp tomes too., but let's be honest here I'm not gonna say 90% of Tera players used that , let's just say 70% minimally,( since I can't see the entire map of Tera including chs ) And we can all see some players are still using it in fishing spots till this day.
    What I suggest is we unban every player who got banned because of using this module and give them a last chance, and as a forgiveness for what they've done . Because obviously not everyone whom used that module got a permanent ban and that's very unfair to those players to be honest. Like if you wanna apply game's ToS you either apply it on every single player or not.
    I wish from my heart that Tera managers and community would understand that we lost so many good friends because of this and always remember mistakes were made :).
    I hope you guys can give me your opinions about this , thank you very much.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Krathus ().

• Cheating=bad???

But yes it's kinda unfair that ppl are getting perma ban for something as useless as fishing without the 14 days ban :(

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kyys ().

• I don't even believe this.

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 460 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv66 Archer | ILv 455 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• "Because guys you know not every person who killed someone is in jail so it is very unfair to those guys who are in jail. Let them lose pls thx. Because you know if you want to apply the law you better find a way to lock up every murderer or else dont send any of them to jail.
    P.S: I lack of any logical reasoning"

• "Because guys you know not every person who killed someone is in jail so it is very unfair to those guys who are in jail. Let them lose pls thx. Because you know if you want to apply the law you better find a way to lock up every murderer or else dont send any of them to jail.
    P.S: I lack of any logical reasoning"

The straw man is strong in this

Anyway Krathus uwu

• The straw man is strong in this

Anyway Krathus uwu

What straw man sweety? Is the same though process and logical reasoning in both situations. Care to google for the meaning of analogy before making yourself look dumb.

• It's not an analogy, it's an exaggeration, and using "sweety" in that condescending tone won't make it any less of a straw ma.

"There are countless ways to distort an opposing view when using a strawman. Common ways to do so include: Oversimplifying, generalizing, or exaggerating the opponent's argument."

It's just like those people using Hitler as example. It's NOT an analogy

Now who's the dumb one huh HUH HUHHUHUDUHHUHU???!?!?!?!

• there are people running around who got banned several times for worse exploits or cheats so i don't get how GF decides the punishment for cheaters, maybe they have a wheel of fortune for this aswell?

but seriously, people who use expoits or any kind of cheat should be perma banned.. no 2 week booty spank anymore please

• *. How is that not an analogy?

People using Hitler as an example in other arguments deviate from the point of discussion which i didnt.
    Basically what Krathus is suggesting is to unban people who got banned cause not everyone who uses or used the fish bot got banned, so i used the analogy of someone suggesting that murderers who are in jail should be set free cause not every murderer is in jail.
    The logical reasoning used in both situations is exactly the same, that's an analogy, sweety.

Edited & Warned | Shiro

• Cheating=bad???

But yes it's kinda unfair that ppl are getting perma ban for something as useless as fishing without the 14 days ban :(

useless, fishbotting is far worse than dungeon exp exploiting cuz you gain gold, exp and sp exp out of it, exploiting dungeons only gave you exp for leveling but go on.

• Are you serious? LOL

Because comparing fish botters to murderers isn't deviating from the discussion at all? There's a huge difference between crimes against the individual and violating the ToS of an online game, but if you don't see it, not my problem

• I am not comparing fish botters to murderers, i am comparing the logic behind both situations. There is obvioulsy a huge difference between a murderer and a cheater when it comes to the gravity of the act, you are no Einstein to realize that, but I also never said that they both carry the same weight when it comes to the gravity of the situation. What i said is that both use the same logic process. Thats an analogy, are you that thick?

• Killing others players fun and experience ingame with proxy shit / haxx whatever / far worst stuff :DGF : we dont care :D

Botting some fish :DGF: REGINAL CHANGE (vendor price) and perma ban :D

Players yelling for changes / whatever / dead server GF: We cant hear you trololo