Few days ago me and my girlfriend (she's a returning player) have decided to play TERA (together, on separate PCs) and downloaded it through Steam. I've managed to do it an launch the game without any issues... but she did not. This post is about her problem that we're trying to fix.
Every time she launches the game and tries to log in through launcher it retuns her the following error:
"Network error: connection failed. Please check your network settings and adjust any proxy or firewall settings."
However she's able to log in to her account via website, so it doesn't seem that it's been banned. We've tried different things to fix this problem:
- she reinstalled the game (twice, not through Steam but through official downloader from TERA website);
- we've tried to launch TERA by using different network (turned off WiFi and connected PC to smartphone's mobile data);
- made sure that her PC uses ipv4;
- we've checked if she's using any VPN (no, she doesn't);
- disabled Firewall completely (the game was already "allowed" through it, though);
- flushed DNS via command prompt;
- we've resetted her "hosts" file;
- did a netsh winsock reset through command prompt;
And nothing of the listed above helped at all. I didn't mention antivirus because she doesn't use one. The only thing we didn't check were the proxy settings, but we simply didn't know how to check them.
The game is installed on Windows 7 PC and it's the same hardware and OS that she used to run the game previously.
I've seen the sticky post in this forum about runing the launcher in debug mode and generating two .log files, however the only one that seem to be created was "hosts.developer.log" (is it normal? The sticky is 3 years old...), I can add it here if nescessary.
Please, help us. We would really like to play this game together.
Edit: I've added two .log files generated by TERA.