Beginner's guide

• Heya.

I made a Beginner's Guide, mainly focused around what you should do when you hit level 65, meant for players who never tried Tera before. If you wanna pitch your friends, maybe this would be interesting for them. Note: This is a PvE oriented guide! I do not talk about PvP at all!

I made it, since several friends of mine are currently trying out Tera, and hope this can be of help to other players as well, or friends of yours who might want to try the game.

This is a work in progress!

Feel free to give me suggestions for topics I should take up or constructive critiscism on already written sections.

/Trappiez

Change log:

Update 08/02 2019: Added chapter 4 and 5, describing how to collect gear.

Update 09/02 2019: Added chapter 6, describing boss fights and general game mechanics.

Update 09/02 2019: Added chapter 7, describing general farming in Tera.

Update 09/02 2019: Changed the headline to "What do I do from level 65?"

Update 09/02 2019: Added chapter 8, describing the awakening.

Update 10/02 2019: Added chapter 5.3 and 5.4, describing etchings and crystals.

Update 10/02 2019: Added chapter 9, (currently in progress), describing glyphs.

Update 13/02 2019: Finished chapter 9, describing glyphs.

Update 13/02 2019: Added chapter 10, describing talents.

Update 13/02 2019: Added chapter 11, making a sum-up about the most important points.

Update 13/02 2019: Added all discord servers for the respective classes in chapter 2.

Update 14/02 2019: Added chapter 12 - 14, going in-depth into how to optimizing your gameplay as the individual roles. Videos in progress!

Update 14/02 2019: Added chapter 15, going in-depth about how you can interactive with the Tera community.

Sections currently planned to be added:

- Pushing your damage

- Focus for tank/heal?

- Getting interactive: Guilds and discord

- Planning on doing video guides for most sections

- Feel free to suggest something I should add, that might be useful for a new player

Guide here

Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Erpiez
    Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
    Mystic: Nexile
    Zerk: Ahriza
    Archer: Zeltoni
    Sorc: Datella
    Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
    Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Priest: Subtenmanacharge

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

The post was edited 24 times, last by Trappiez ().

• Don't worry, Kasea-chan, I'll 100% add a Fishing section. After all I'm an expert on the area uwu

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• Before I go into detail and give feedback, here is just a small thing I noticed. I don't have time to read the whole thing right now, so for now it's only this:
    You say for Archer that they are "right now" the strongest DPS class, please include dates or patches for when this information was relevant. Nobody knows how well you will update the guide, and since balance keeps changing, newer people should not be guided by possibly outdated "this is the strongest 1337 pick" statements.

Also, calling lancer the true support and keeping team mates safe - not only is lancer very bad at keeping people safe, it's support is completely reduced to two buffs which alone secure the place in meta groups. If anything, lancers are the best at keeping themselves alive, since it is arguably the tank with the most selfheal and sustain in its kit. Lancer can't do much to help others, though. None oft he tanks can, so I don't think this is a fitting description. It's still the most supportive tank, if you really wanna include that at all.
    If I don't forget, I will give that entire thing a bit more time, but I need to sleep first.

Good night o/

Edit: Also, you might want to include the discord links to all of the class discords, not just some where you linked a discord guide (I haven't read far enough to know any better though, sorry if you did link all of them)

• Great points xLightz . I'll be sure to add a time stamp for the different statements of class diversity.

Also concerning the Lancer, I can see what you mean, it'd make sense to rewrite that section as well.

About the discord links, I guess I just tried to find guides for every class, and just linked the discords for the ones that I could not find guides for, but yes. You're right, it'd make sense to include all discords, so people have a place to ask questions.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's appreciated! c:

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• xLightz I don't agree with you at all about Lancers being bad at protecting others. You have divine protection and blue shield which can even save your party from wipe mechs. Guardian shout gives everyone more endurance. Rallying Cry protects from staggers and knockdowns (which may not be worth that much in PVE but for PVP it's a life safer). Then there is also Pledge of protection which reduces the damage taken by everyone in the party.

• I can't recall a time where blue shield was used other than KelXX and RR (I quit in october though).
    The only good use for the party bubble that I remember was to skip the first S in RK, and the only PvE use of Rallying Cry I can remember was RK HM first boss, when you don't have a priest.

Yes, lancers can protect others, but not to a useful degree where I would say it's one of their core functionalities.
    If so, then Ninjas would be good at protecting others, too.

For the sake of not starting unnecessary discussion about this, leave the protection part in, I just think that as a new player I would get my hopes up when reading this, and would probably be disappointed.

• I have now updated the guide, and has a whole new chapter concerning Tera's general game mechanics. I would be really happy if someone would give me feedback on what I have so far! Thank you very much on beforehand! I will give a Diamond to anyone, who comes with worthwhile constructive critisism, that makes sense for me to work with!

/Trappiez

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• As this is usually where the most classes differ, you could add a weapon stat section and explain different weapon rolls for different classes, i.e. double cdr vs attackspeed on healers and cdr vs enrage for lancers and so on.
    But since you already refer to the respective guides for the weapon rolls, I guess this is somewhat redundant. Then again, for the sake of completion I would like to see it in. While at it, Etchings need to be explained too since they have a rather high impact on overall stats and stat weight for all classes. (Which, of course, is covered in all respective class guides, but the core mechanic of etchings needs to be explained regardless.)
    Also, you could go over Dyads quickly and break down their functionality and advantages and how to efficiently craft them.

• Great inputs. I added an explanation of etchings and crystals so far, I will have to think over, if I should go into specific rolls for weapons, since they are, definitely, rather important to have an overview over. I will think over how to implement it. Thanks for your feedback again!

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• I would like to be notified once a section on Fishing has been added. I don't know how to efficiently fish nor how to make gold out of it.

Thank you.

• Vanquished , that section was added yesterday, I think you will like it!

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• Honestly I wouldn't include those "strong/weak class" points at all actually because the balance is being changed frequently. Adding time stamps would be nonsense due to the fact that "pick whatever you like most as classes keep changing, getting buffed and nerfed from time to time anyway" is way more accurate without adding random time stamps that will probably do more harm than good to new people. Maybe you should also change the title of the guide since it's kinda all over the place, and large chunks of it are just explaining basic stuff that doesn't have much to do with being new to 65.

Could you also explain why you're telling newbies to "just pick mystiel, don't ask just pick it"? Why shouldn't they be playing on servers with their preferred language?

• Hi there Acc !

First off, thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the strong/weak class, I added it, 'cause I personally prefer a strong/weak overview over what classes are strong at the moment in a new MMO. For example, when I started WoW, I didn't pick Aff Lock solely due to how cool they looked, but also due to their huge strength in PvE. I realize, that this requires me to update the class tier list so to speak over time, and I might change it to just general descriptions, when I update this guide less and less. I see your point, but personally I'd prefer a up-2-date strong point.

I see your point with the it's mostly just "overall", and you're right. Most of the stuff might just seem like basic stuff. My general thoughts, when writing this guide would be what I would think is confusing, and what I thought was confusing when I started this game. Maybe some of it, might seem much too basic, but yeah, it's just what I personally thought was very confusing to find my way in, when I started this game. For example Glyphs, yes, this might seem very very basic, and like smth everyone should know about, but personally I didn't even know glyphs existed before I got to 65, much less how to farm them. The same thing goes for weapon rolls and so on. Some of it might be irrelevant, and if I find more opinions like yours, I'll definitely consider cutting down on it. (Maybe even change the title, as you suggest!)

Last, but not least, you're right, you could pick a server with your language, but let's face it: Mystel is much more international now, than ever since the player base is so huge, and the others servers are defined as "dead". It might not be that way, for already integrated players, but let's put ourselves in their place: If you're a total new player with no one to play with and haven't tried the game before, people are much more reluctant to take you in parties, especially on less populated servers, which is why I recommend Mystel, since the server is more and more populated, and by extension also much more internationl. Point in case: If I were a new player, I'd rather be on a populated server, rather than a language specific one. You're right, I should probably add an explanation, but I thought it'd be overwhelming. I'll prolly update it though, since you're pointing it out!

Thanks again for your feedback, if you still feel like what I'm saying is not totally accurate, I'd love to hear your points! It's always nice with constructive criticism c:

/Trappiez

Warrior guide

Beginner's Guide

• Vanquished , that section was added yesterday, I think you will like it!

Thank you for your guide, but I can't quite understand how to efficiently fish. How is it possible that some people already have level 6 or 7 rods? That takes an insane amount of time! Are there any other ways that I can fish? With this 3 minute delay, my rod doesn't auto-fish quick enough to be efficient, plus then I have to re-craft or go buy more bait!!!!

How can I improve my fishing? You should consider making an advanced fishing guide.

Thank you.

• Hi again,

thank you for your reply. If you are willing to update the guide regularly in terms of changing class balance then sure, you're absolute right and I'm completely with you on that matter. I honestly haven't considered that there is actually a large portion of the player game that adapts a "fotm" style of class preference.

I also can't exactly speak for all the servers for obvious reasons, but there are still quite some players around which you can group up with. Mystiel is probably the largest of them all (which doesn't say much in the first place since the game itself isn't extremely popular anymore) but it's probably better for newcomers to be open about this, that you'd personally recommend Mystiel due to higher player count, but not force anyone onto that server.

Anyway thanks again for your time. Just don't think that I have only negative thoughts about your guide as it's pretty great overall except for these miniscule things.

• I created my forum account just to give you feedback on your work, which is very good and highly appreciated.

Even though I've played Tera multiple times in the past, I'm not a hardcore player so there's things which I never really tapped into, so you're helping average players as well as new players, which by the way, I have some friends also who started the game, and I'm really glad I can share this with them.

Haven't started reading, just went through the appendix, and I cant remember seeing anything about EP, a short what is this and how to do it I think would suffice, since there are class specific guides which go into depth with this. Again, you probably did this and it slipped my eyes, just wanted to point it out in case you didn't.

Again, great guide, love the dedication, very much appreciated!! <3