Make classic server permanent >:(

• I'm not gonna complain too much since beggars can't be choosers, and I'm kinda excited to be having a classic server coming in the first place. BuuUuUuUUt as soon as I heard (today) that the server was gonna be a temporary one, only a few weeks at that, I immediatly realised how that will completely ruin the server. Not because of the server ending, but because of it being merged with the normal servers once the event ends. Can't see how this is a bad thing? Then let me explain; instead of enjoying the server and gearing up for VM, gearing up for content and building your character, reputation, alliance bla bla bla all focus will be on the incoming merge. No one played Manahan for fun (ok maybe a few), the rest played it because they could abuse the event for free items and gold. This event will be exactly the same. Players will farm gold, MWA, MES etc so they can make good money on the live servers instead of getting the real classic experience.

I quit TERA officially in November of 2018 but had been inactive for months before that. During the stream last friday I saw probably 20 different twitch usernames of people that quit tera years ago showing interest in this server. 20 may not seem like a lot but tbh only 5 people play the game at this point. I'm 100% certain there will be people who try out tera again because of classic. Yes, as I commented previously it will never be the same and the game will never be as popular but you can only gain for making a permanent classic server. Adding on to that the upcoming lvl 70 patch (OMEGALUL) will definitely not add to the current tera's appeal, who knows, maybe the remaining 5 players will quit too. I know for sure as soon as the classic server closes I will be gone and I can speak for my fellow 20 people who have quit that they'll be gone too. Only those who are still actively playing have an interest in continuing to play, most of them not even because they enjoy it but because it's near impossible to quit without finding something else to do, TERA IS ADDICTIVE AS HELL.

I'm assuming Gameforge's plan with this is to get old players to come back through the classic server and peaking their interest by giving them STORMCRY (OMEGALUL X2) after the merge and through that having them stay. I can tell you now there's no way in hell any old player will be interested in new TERA, else they'd have come back already. So pleaseeee Gameforge-sama let us have a permanent classic server :thumbsup:

• If they make classic permanent both server will be dead because you just split the community. And we all know how dumb this idea is. Either Live Server or Classic Server. Bu keep in mind Classic won't get any updates

• If they make classic permanent both server will be dead because you just split the community. And we all know how dumb this idea is. Either Live Server or Classic Server. Bu keep in mind Classic won't get any updates

Meh yeah I know, even if no server is added game is already dead.. new plan, delete main server and make classic the only one 🤑

• >bring back THOUSANDS :D

you're basically asking for a server to be stuck at one patch forever, what happens when you get bored of it after let's say... 2 months at best? 3?

gonna run mchm forever because the dungeon is soooooooooooooooooo much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun right

Splitting something without having the capacity to split never gave good results. :crazy:

Ultima | Lv68 Priest | ILv 458 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• ♦ they Fixed a problem with another problem ..!! did you guys think about what will happen after the end of the event ?? i mean 3 servers are dead and what we will gain after the end of the event ? Gear ? for what ? Nothing just another Alt (what happen to the merge ? with who i will play with My new classic char ? did anyone think about this things ?

OXhVLif.gif
    ♠ Dropout Manager

• +1 for making the Classic Server permanent.

As for the "split population" argument, have you considered that a great deal of players who will play the classic servers are there because they don't like the current Tera?, do you think that all those players will stay after server end? no, merging the server will only cause to have less players around, not more.

If players doesn't like the classic servers they will (shocking) not play it!, so the population won't split in that regard.

My point is, classic server and the "modern" server are completely different games, once you close down the classic server most of the players that played actively there they will simply quit and go away, you won't see any new player into the "modern" server because of the classic server, because, again, guess what, if a player prefers the "modern" server it will simply play it directly! why going through the classic server if he doesn't like it?

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• why going through the classic server if he doesn't like it?

because most of the people that are playing this game didn't experience how it was before, having a little jump in the past is okay, having it permanent would be pointless.
    literally 99% of the people are complaining about how boring this game is, about how long they have to wait every single time between patches... and then there's you, lmao, actually thinking that having a server STUCK at THE SAME PATCH F O R E V E R is a good idea - what's the point in having that server up for more than two or three months? you'll run out of stuff to do, you won't get any new patch, you won't get anything, so again, what's the point?

as i said it only is a good idea for the people that started playing after the 65 patch hit (because they didn't get to experience how the game used to be) or for delusional and nostalgic people (... lmao)
    there's no bringing this game back to how it used to be, it still is the same grindfest, you get the old bosses brought back again with event dungeons or regular ones, example being Dreadspire - most of the people qqing about how they want to fight manaya again cause OMFG MCHM??? BEST DUNGEON EVER MADE!! didn't even bother trying to run it (and let me remind you, we've had 4 (5? counting EM? and literally ALL the content you can clear on the classic server except for a few was part of a fight in DS) different versions of it

i really don't get it lmao
    it's gonna be a pve server so just shut up with your pvp stuff
    dungeons will be the same as current ones, considering the constant recycling of bosses - name pretty much any boss you can think of, we've had a fairly recent version of it (except you maybe can't cheat your way to the last boss and skip the entire dungeon, that's something worth missing :wacko:)
    game will be a complete grindfest as usual - idk about you but i very much prefer actually running stuff in order to gear up instead of being STUCK in LoT the entire day trying to get MWA

and what you'll get is... having a few skills less? not having flying mounts? having to pop a panacea every now and then? (GOD I MISS THAT SO MUCH!!! WHY WOULD THEY REMOVE THAT, IT REALLY WAS SOMETHING AMAZING, I WISH I COULD USE PANACEAS AGAIN!!??!) recharming?

really makes you think

• because most of the people that are playing this game didn't experience how it was before, having a little jump in the past is okay, having it permanent would be pointless.
    literally 99% of the people are complaining about how boring this game is, about how long they have to wait every single time between patches... and then there's you, lmao, actually thinking that having a server STUCK at THE SAME PATCH F O R E V E R is a good idea - what's the point in having that server up for more than two or three months? you'll run out of stuff to do, you won't get any new patch, you won't get anything, so again, what's the point?

-> Talking about pointless when the main activity in the "modern" server is afk fishing

Explaining me what's the big deal of wanting to switch from the classic server to the modern one when all you gonna carry over is....what? gears? useless on a lv.65 server, consumables? mostly will be unusable.

But yeah! you gonna save half the day nowdays you take to level from 1-60, that alone is a good reason not to make the classic server permanent, right? so much value in bringing your nice lv.60 character with useless gear in the lv.65 gear! right?

For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

• I would have liked a classic server stopping at Argon patch, then getting patches a few months later like in the past, with enough time between them to actually do all the content.

Here ppl won't have a real feel of the past. many will go get PL in Rift Edge then RE HM as soon as they hit 60, and will go try Kaprima HM with devastator set....

What's the point ?

I hardly see how ppl are gonna farm t13, then t4 Agnitor, then abyss, then regent and VM1 then go to wonderholme for HM gear & VM2 then do it again in RE, while farming glyphs in Temerity & Sirjuka, farming Nexus, and Alliances, all in order, within 6 to 8 weeks ?

Hardly make any sense in my book.they will go past half the content if not more.

• -> Talking about pointless when the main activity in the "modern" server is afk fishing

Explaining me what's the big deal of wanting to switch from the classic server to the modern one when all you gonna carry over is....what? gears? useless on a lv.65 server, consumables? mostly will be unusable.

But yeah! you gonna save half the day nowdays you take to level from 1-60, that alone is a good reason not to make the classic server permanent, right? so much value in bringing your nice lv.60 character with useless gear in the lv.65 gear! right?

You get to retool your gear so people that are playing on the classic server can carry over an extra geared character to their server. Let's say you're playing on Mystel, you started recently. You've heard about the "good old times" (HAHA) of this game, seen videos, never got to experience it. You're gonna go and play there, when the time comes, your time won't completely go to waste.
    You're one of the AFK Fishing people? One that already has done everything there's to do in our current patch? You go and play there without expectations. exactly to waste time.

But yeah! Let's have the permanent version of our beloved classic server, where after a month or two, the time it takes you to literally do everything there's to do, you won't have ANYTHING and let me repeat, A N Y T H I N G to do, that is a great idea, right? (how is this better than AFK Fishing?_?)

OR!

WAIT WAIT WAIT, THERE'S SOMETHING THAT CAN GO ON FOREVER AND WOULD BE HELLA FUN

Weekly competition to who jumps the most in CoF??? Forever?? HELL YEAH
    Let's have a permanent competition amongst who bugs the shit out of this game the most... FOREVER! THAT IS CONTENT!!!
    I really wonder why Bluehole hasn't hired you yet

• You get to retool your gear so people that are playing on the classic server can carry over an extra geared character to their server. Let's say you're playing on Mystel, you started recently. You've heard about the "good old times" (HAHA) of this game, seen videos, never got to experience it. You're gonna go and play there, when the time comes, your time won't completely go to waste.

Yeah I am sure that exchanging VM1 gear with Frostmetal (best scenario) is 100% worth the time it takes to grind it.

Also you just talk about merely utilitarian stuff, you haven't mentioned the word "fun" once, guess you're one of those people that think playing games is serious business.

Test Image ->

• Yeah I am sure that exchanging VM1 gear with Frostmetal (best scenario) is 100% worth the time it takes to grind it.

Also you just talk about merely utilitarian stuff, you haven't mentioned the word "fun" once, guess you're one of those people that think playing games is serious business.

i get to have fun with any of my friends on any game that i play. i don't need the game go to back 5 years in order to have fun, if i want to play tera, i can have fun in the current one as well

you're just one of the pathetic people that are just way too nostalgic to let go, there's no point in having a classic server permanently stuck at one patch. and there's no saying otherwise - it just makes NO sense to be BEGGING for a server like that

• i get to have fun with any of my friends on any game that i play. i don't need the game go to back 5 years in order to have fun, if i want to play tera, i can have fun in the current one as well

So, don't play the classic server then? problem solved.

Test Image ->

• Sorry but I don't have fun anymore in the current Tera, it's become utter crap IMO in the last 2 to 3 years and I totally dropped it in the end of last year.

I'd have much more fun restarting from scratch with the game like it was in 2012 when i started playing, with patches once in a while in the same order as the past, and this time I'd drop the game just before the beginning of the crap.

• Sorry but I don't have fun anymore in the current Tera, it's become utter crap IMO in the last 2 to 3 years and I totally dropped it in the end of last year.

I'd have much more fun restarting from scratch with the game like it was in 2012 when i started playing, with patches once in a while in the same order as the past, and this time I'd drop the game just before the beginning of the crap.

and that's something we can all agree on (as in restarting from scratch, but still going with patches every now and then, wouldn't be the best thing ever but still "interesting") but having the server .. S T U C K F O R E V E R at REHM patch? (HELLO?? RUNNING RIFTS EDGE FOREVER?? HOW IS THAT BETTER THAN THE CURRENT TERA?? you'd like quit in a few days???)

i mean lets be serious, you guys are all delusional, why don't you just go and play a different game?