Make classic server permanent >:(

• I mean, this thread really shows that nostalgia can make everything appear much sweeter than it actually was.

But yeah, there's no way it would be a good thing if we had a server permanently at one patch, no matter how fond we remember it being., it would get more stale and boring than afternoon farming on Killian

DarKNovA on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk 453
    Darknovafer - Reaper 445
    Darknovael - Reaper 441
    Darknovasun - Slayer 448
    Darknovako - Warrior 444
    Darknovangel - Mystic 441
    Dark.Nova - Ninja 443
    Darknova - Brawler 442
    Darknovafist - Brawler 441
    Darknovapie - Sorceress 441
    Darknovamark - Archer 443
    Darknovasteel - Lancer 441
    Darknovalkyrie - Valkyrie 441

• Honestly my hype as already gone down quite a lot from the information given by Atmorph, I was hoping for a true "Old" Tera (Early F2P times if not even P2P times of 2012), but this is quite pretty "recent" version to me.

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• They could make a new server after the Classic server event, maybe call it TERA Restart *was suggested by a friend.* Where we start from the good old days aka the very first release of TERA. Came back to the Forum and Game after seeing the promo's on Social media but after reading a bit more info about it, it's the 2014 patches which kinda disappointing. I thought it will be the one were we tackle Balders Temple Hard and Kaprima Hard patch then move to MCHM patch, etc.

Characters (All level 65):
    Sorcerer l Mystic l Reaper l Berserker

:elin9: Thank you Chloe for the awesome signature! :elin9:

• wait last time i checked we had battlegrounds in our current version, didn't we?
    and considering that'd be the only thing left to do, would you really ask for a new server just... to play bgs? lmao (a WHOLE server for the 1%! hot stuff!)
    i think ill get lost, this whole topic is just too much

Ehm, I was responding to your "A N Y T H I N G" to do. You can do battlegrounds, and in fact, you can do them much better.

You see, if patch gets frozen in time and I get to play BGs without farming some piece of crap gear or talent or whatever new crap they introduce (basically anything stat-based progression is cancer), that's the best thing that would happen to the game. So a permanent classic server is ideal for playing BGs.

I know it's too much for you to grasp. Basically if it was VM1 patch once you got your VM1 you would be set for that character and can finally enjoy the god damn game as a game... until it shuts down. Obviously there's zero point in playing a classic server if it's some temporary nonsense.

• I was definitely hyped for this server and was actually going to return to TERA even though I can't really play it right now.

Yes I would enjoy the memories of the end-game dungeons, the old starter island, challenging world bosses and the old Visionmaker gear.

Would I enjoy having to then merge my character back into the new TERA after working hard to get visionmaker again? Absolutely not.

If you want returning players from 2012-14 then I suggest making the server permanent or at least extending the time to 12 months. People will not play this server after realising how long it actually takes to get end-game gear - even if you do try to cash-grab from the shop which will be a waste of money since the server will merge to the current patch thus making it pointless to buy gear.

After finding out this was a temporary thing I will not be joining back any time soon to find that I will have to play current TERA with the time I don't have.

Why not learn from other MMORPGs who have done the same scheme? Runescape Classic & World of Warcraft Classic for example - both of which have been successful.

Make the right community decision, monetise the patch as much as you want (as you will anyway) and bring back dedicated players who love this patch.

• They don't have a large enough playerbase for it to work, and it doesn't bring back enough players to warrant the extra attention a server like this would need to work in the long run.

Also, like I already mentioned, people would get bored of it. And someone mentioned it takes a long time for TERA to get end game gear? That must have been a joke, especially since they are sure to give off some kind of "you can get into the action" free gear crate anyways.

DarKNovA on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk 453
    Darknovafer - Reaper 445
    Darknovael - Reaper 441
    Darknovasun - Slayer 448
    Darknovako - Warrior 444
    Dark.Nova - Ninja 443
    Darknova - Brawler 442

• Darknova how u really know that ? i posted this classic server link to the huge guilda and yes there is still facebook guild groups.They excited and said "we are coming".

then they saw the temporary shit and decided to not come.

Also their news on facebook got 600+ likes and 404 comments.Check their older posts on facebook.No one gives a f.ck about them.Max like count 15 and no comment at all.

So these 600 likes means they will call their friends to the game which are played together.

That could be a fuckin chain effect and gameforge doesnt see it as always.

Also look the forum posts and see how many people interested.There are people who logged in first time after some years.These guys left the game because of retarded,imbecile dungeons and the game rotation turned fully pve and grind.

• You're right. I can't be sure.
    I just have a very strong feeling that the hype would die down, or most of them wouldn't even come back in the first place, and the news hype just kinda did a little explosion, but on the other hand, there is a chance that it would turn huge, like you say - I just don't think that's the case.

So we have something that could turn out to be THE golden opportunity for fanbase revitalization, but it could turn out to be nothing big, just splitting the userbase a tad bit even more. On the other hand, it is a certainty that it would take a lot of effort to make it into a permanent, maintained server. I'm pretty sure there are some that would take the risk, but I'm not sure it is worth.

DarKNovA on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk 453
    Darknovafer - Reaper 445
    Darknovael - Reaper 441
    Darknovasun - Slayer 448
    Darknovako - Warrior 444
    Dark.Nova - Ninja 443
    Darknova - Brawler 442

• The words can change many things.If they say "permanent" people will come and try it.If they dont have same feeling they can quit.After some time gameforge can offer free transfer for people who wants to play in latest tera servers but the classic can stay.There is nothing wrong to do it.Also

most of the people have character in latest tera servers as like as me.

Did i log in ? no.Am i playing ? No.If there is permanent classic server i will leave the game which i playing right now for 2 years.

• You're right. I can't be sure.
    I just have a very strong feeling that the hype would die down, or most of them wouldn't even come back in the first place, and the news hype just kinda did a little explosion, but on the other hand, there is a chance that it would turn huge, like you say - I just don't think that's the case.

So we have something that could turn out to be THE golden opportunity for fanbase revitalization, but it could turn out to be nothing big, just splitting the userbase a tad bit even more. On the other hand, it is a certainty that it would take a lot of effort to make it into a permanent, maintained server. I'm pretty sure there are some that would take the risk, but I'm not sure it is worth.

I'll say it again, plain and simple:

- They could have announced a classic "" permanent "" server with a big " BUT" in the sub-title

That "but" would simply state "If this server won't have a significant player population it will be merged, until then it will stay "" permanent"" "

That's it, no risk involved, if the server doesn't meet the expectations it will be merged like it's already planned to be, plus you don't get the hate of the community because you stated from the start the server would have been permanent as long as there were "enough" players playing it.

But announcing a temporary server like they did they already shot themselves in the foot, as many players have already stated, it's simply not even worth it for just a couple of months, they ruined the "event" before it even started (and that not counting their questionable Tera version they picked...really? avatar weapons? no item re modeller? nerfed open world bams? what a joke!).

But we're all talking like if they were to say it was permanent without any "but" it could have been actually so, which isn't obvious the case, all other "normal" servers before they've been merged into Mystel were considered "" permanent "" yet they got merged in the end in Mystel, it's not like if a publisher (especially Gameforge) says something is permanent you have to take his word like it's a law.

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• The server would not have a significant population and the other servers would lose players.

We would have 5 servers with very low population instead of now where we at least have 1 bigger populated server and 3 lower populated ones.

Stop dreaming about old times it won't ever be like back then even if the classic server would be VM1.

• The server would not have a significant population and the other servers would lose players.

We would have 5 servers with very low population instead of now where we at least have 1 bigger populated server and 3 lower populated ones.

Stop dreaming about old times it won't ever be like back then even if the classic server would be VM1.

How you want to know this?

If they fail the server already before it starts ofc it won't have a good population.

If they would listen one time to what the ppl who want to play on this server text in forum the server would be different.

Start the server with 58 lvl cap and see how Manny ppl are coming back to play on it. If the sever is after 2 weeks dead again ok then merge the server if not then let the server run for the community

All this comments about " ehh the server will be dead anyway" are just..

Since noone knows it how it will be. If it will end like this good then you can say "I told it you" but if they already fuc* up the server before it goes online then they don't need to wonder that Ther won't Manny ppl play. And the only ppl who will play Ther are current players to gear up some alts fast.

For once the server get merged.

And I think nobody expect that itwill be like back then. Since for sure no 10 000 + ppl will come back.

But I am sure that atleast 1000+ ppl will (would) try it out atleast maybe even more who knows (and f the server would be not some mixed trash with vm3 and 2 stuff inside) . Right Noone so don't say that it will be dead anyway.

Also Yea ther are atm already dead server. So why not just merging this one together to one big pve server the last time I logged in Noone made open world pvp anyway.

• I actually think its better as a temporary server.

The way they are doing things seem to be similar to other games like Path of Exile or Diablo as examples, basically they are called seasons and in each season all players start from scratch in that economy so everyone has a fair chance to start from nothing and then at the end of the season everything gets dumped into standard which is the server that lasts forever. You can play on standard as well but nobody plays on standard since the economy is usually messed up and there are people that are way ahead because they have been playing from the start so it will be impossible to catch up.

We have had a temporary server called manahan before and now we are getting classic it doesn't have to be the end and they could pull out another temp server in the future with different experimetal stuff.

The standard version of tera is only going downhill, so having temporary servers with different twists may be the only thing that keeps tera interesting lol.

• Seeing a lot of various arguments on this post, so I'd like to put my 1 cent here as well.

Would a permanent oldschool server work? Most people who ask for permanent server can't explain why it would work, however there's lots of counterargument, such as being stuck on the same patch forever would make people quit after 2 months.

However I disagree. This is going to be farfetched, but compare it to games that barely never change, such as battle royale style games, or real-time strategy games. You always go and play the same game, yet you keep playing anyway, since it's never the same. Tera's PVP is a case like this. You never know the outcome because you don't fight AI. It's not MCHM where you always hit the same boss with the same mechanics.

PVP is dead in the live servers, and sure, they added a new BG and some PVP gear, but it's all just a joke, not to mention the talent system also being unbelieveably unbalanced for PVP.

I believe a permanent server could work for a PVP server, even with a small population of let's say 1k~ players but BHS (and GF) is always pandering to PVE players anyway, and then the PVE players tell the PVP players to basically piss off when they ask for something aimed towards the PVP playerbase.

PVE players need to realise that most people who ask for oldschool is because of the PVP, not because of the PVE, we don't care about the PVE. If we cared enough for it, we would be playing on the regular servers too (probably).

• Pvers never changed.We discussed many things here and these endless grinders didnt support us for once.I dont know wtf are they thinking.Why they are always against pvp players.Also gameforge is feeding them since 2014.

Basically,dont be happy,the servers will keep loosing players and finally you will see no one around the dungeons also.Which means you will never get tons of new players in future.If a guy wants to play in classic server,he/she leave the game after its done.So if u are thinking "its a chance to bring more people in to the latest tera servers" you are absolutely wrong cause the guys who wants to play in classic server left the game because of your pve dungeons new rng shits,endless grinding and ignoring pvp players-dead battlegrounds.