Make classic server permanent >:(

• I don't get your Flame Ulith, this is a special event that won't last forever, you're complaining over things that are dead already. If you don't play the Classic version then no complains are allowed here ;)

Imho (careful, "if" is used a lot of times)

if they REALLY make a permanent Classic, then this would require an entire new team dedicated for correcting what went wrong in the old version.

Of course if they are good devs, they can easily patch bugs with what they fixed during these past 5years instead of bringing the "new" content (aka new classes and different systems that are really... not interesting to me).

Even though will the game survive if the "forked" version called Classic is released to be a permanent and interesting one ?

• Nah i don't want to play forever the same patch, I just would like to replay Tera from the start again, then stop when I know i won't like it anymore, instead of keep plying it while trying to like every new patch that actually make it worse (as far as my tastes are concerned, there are probably many ppl that like it now, I'm just not one of those) like I did those past 3 years.

But for that, 6 weeks with Rift Edge patch where ppl will roll on formers HM with Devastator set just don't cut it.

• This classic server is the best idea they ever done i was suprised they made smth good like this happen

But i always have faith even on gameforge after they supported our pvp tournament in early 2018 for killian there is still hope for that team but its low..

If this classic server is going to be permanent i can tell u ALOT of old players will be back to game Atmorph trust me

And you can use that is ofc beneficial since u can sell ur stuff in the shop to these loyal players that heard the old tera is coming.

Tell us 1 reason to make this server for 6 weeks that not even worth it for real 6 weeks will vanish in blink of eye..

Give us atleast more time or make it permanent server the classic server is hundred times better than current stupid tera AND YOUR STATISTICS CAN SAY THAT.

• But yeah! Let's have the permanent version of our beloved classic server, where after a month or two, the time it takes you to literally do everything there's to do, you won't have ANYTHING and let me repeat, A N Y T H I N G to do, that is a great idea, right? (how is this better than AFK Fishing?_?)

Yeah it's called battlegrounds. Get lost with your PvE brain.

Sucks to be you that you need constant new content to have fun with your "PvE" activity and can't understand how someone else doesn't.

• Yeah it's called battlegrounds. Get lost with your PvE brain.

Sucks to be you that you need constant new content to have fun with your "PvE" activity and can't understand how someone else doesn't.

wait last time i checked we had battlegrounds in our current version, didn't we?
    and considering that'd be the only thing left to do, would you really ask for a new server just... to play bgs? lmao (a WHOLE server for the 1%! hot stuff!)
    i think ill get lost, this whole topic is just too much

• wait last time i checked we had battlegrounds in our current version, didn't we?

So where's Fraywind Canyon in TERA 2019?

Ultima | Lv70 Priest | ILv 460 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv66 Archer | ILv 455 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• So much salt here...

gonna run mchm forever because the dungeon is soooooooooooooooooo much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun right

Frankly, MCnm and MChm were fun.
    Given the fact that TERA was one of the 1st "True Action Combat" oriented game, it brought together A LOT of players from everywhere (That's what MMO do right ?).
    Manaya, even in nm, was hard. And it created bonds (I still speak with old team-mates from 6 years ago). We had great times, and all good things needs to meet their end right ?

[...] delusional and nostalgic people (... lmao)
    there's no bringing this game back to how it used to be, it still is the same grindfest, you get the old bosses brought back again with event dungeons or regular ones, [...]

Delusional? Hardly... Nostalgic? Definetly. Now why the laugh? Why throwing a tantrum like this?

there's no bringing this game back to how it used to be, it still is the same grindfest, you get the old bosses brought back again with event dungeons or regular ones, example being Dreadspire - most of the people qqing about how they want to fight manaya again cause OMFG MCHM??? BEST DUNGEON EVER MADE!! didn't even bother trying to run it (and let me remind you, we've had 4 (5? counting EM? and literally ALL the content you can clear on the classic server except for a few was part of a fight in DS) different versions of it

Do you happen to know why some player qq-ing about Manaya and MChm didn't bother doing Dreadspire ? I'll give you a little hint by asking an other question : Do you have the slightest idea of how many gears these same "old players" had to go through until the day dreadspire became a thing ?

If you played this game like several of these veteran did, then it means you invested a lot of time in your main character, thoroughly cleared ALL the quests in this game (Red, AND yellow), farming and hunting achievements like a mad dog because learning things about the lore was somewhat rewarding in its very own way, wrote thoroughly done guides about how to clear X or Y dungeon (for your guildmates, or for the world to see), unlocked your dark panthera, maxed out every single reputation available... It simply shows how dedicated you could have been when this game came out. And that's probably what we miss...

But when you realise that your gear becomes totaly worthless every 6 monthes, you kind of get drained. So, even if we knew that Manaya was in Dreadspire... Why bother the pain of getting geared ? Because you know that it'll turn out to be worthless very soon. The same old song was getting old and resulting in people quitting because yes... Farming for the same thing over and over wasn't satifying anymore.

[...]
    i really don't get it lmao

You really don't need to. It simply means that it wasn't intended for you.

[...] game will be a complete grindfest as usual - idk about you but i very much prefer actually running stuff in order to gear up instead of being STUCK in LoT the entire day trying to get MWA

and what you'll get is... having a few skills less? not having flying mounts? having to pop a panacea every now and then? (GOD I MISS THAT SO MUCH!!! WHY WOULD THEY REMOVE THAT, IT REALLY WAS SOMETHING AMAZING, I WISH I COULD USE PANACEAS AGAIN!!??!) recharming?

Indeed, there was that. LoT was somewhat fun in it's own way. You knew what you were farming for. There were videos showing the most efficient way to do it, but at least you knew what the reward was : VM1 ? Abyss ? Regent ?...

At least you knew that it would be "soon over" and it was somewhat relaxing because you could help nwebies every now and then when you wanted to have a bit of fun midway...

Recharming and Panaceas were part of the gameplay. Taking a break of few minits near a campfire to actually strech your arms and have a walk kind of was a nice way to have a break...
    As for the actual IG benefits of doing so, yeah, it was was it was... It wasn't the best, but yeah... You actually had to pay attention to it. So you had to be extra carefull... Even more as a Slayer because you had only 1.5 dodge (Yeah, 1.5, I mean it).

So now, however some of us would love to have this server back for longer than a month, It would be "soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch" better if you actually simply could ignore this "Delusional nostaligia" and enjoy your 2019 TERA game experience.

This whole thing is but a bonus. If you want to give it a go, please do. If you don't want to, fine! No problem. No need to argue over the fact that it's usefull or not. Unless of course, you actually are a share holder of GF and are afraid of losing money... But it's fairly unlikely to be so.

Hope you have a nice day. o/

index.jpg
    Luraminaki : Slayer 65 [ ] Luraminakki : Warrior 65
    Luraminyani : Brawler 65 [ ] Luramizaki : Berzerker 65
    Luraminali : Mystic 65
    Player since : 23/02/2013
    一期一会
    闇の鏡

• Frankly, MCnm and MChm were fun.

Given the fact that TERA was one of the 1st "True Action Combat" oriented game, it brought together A LOT of players from everywhere (That's what MMO do right ?).
    Manaya, even in nm, was hard. And it created bonds (I still speak with old team-mates from 6 years ago). We had great times, and all good things needs to meet their end right ?

Content today is plenty hard and challenging too if you're a new/returning player. Literally the only reason why you're so fixated on old dungeons instead of the new ones (which utilize similar/new mechanics, faster, more fun fights etc) is because you were NEW back then and the game was much more populated. Things felt more fun I get it. Just a dumb example but AA in normal mode is plenty hard when you play with new players, even more so if you're new to the game. All these things you speak of - they're not exclusive to classic tera. They're exclusive to a new mmo that you were experiencing for the first time with a lot of people and it had this feeling of wonder. Tera never had the amount of fun pve content it has now. Tons of dungeons to do.

Do you have the slightest idea of how many gears these same "old players" had to go through until the day dreadspire became a thing ?

But when you realise that your gear becomes totaly worthless every 6 monthes, you kind of get drained. So, even if we knew that Manaya was in Dreadspire... Why bother the pain of getting geared ? Because you know that it'll turn out to be worthless very soon.

Well, did you notice the new gearing system changed to the pos it is right now exactly because people complained their gear becomes useless every 6 months? So BHS rolled out a gear system that is based on eternal upgrades/enchants of the same piece of gear, with dungeons that never get removed so your gear always stays relevant for the same batch of dungeons. Whether it was a good or bad thing it doesn't matter, but it was changed precisely because of people like you complaining about it... and then you get a chance to beat the fun fun fun manaya again for the 5th time.. and you don't :^)

It really is delusional nostalgia speaking. I mean delusional nostalgia is a redundant phrase but you get it. You're really looking at this game through rose colored glasses and that's not a bad thing necessarily, but you need to be aware you're doing it, and that if the server would become permanent the nostalgia would wear off soon... and the server would die.

• If I were to follow Ulith's logic, then nobody would play games that doesn't get updates anymore ( / they're "stuck" in the same "patch" forever), yet there are tons of people that play retro-games, both single and multi-player games, granted for each game the actual playing community is veryyyy smal, but compared to Tera EU's population is not really that different in size.

But that aside, Tera's updates have never been of "high quality", all Tera got in the past years it's 90% recycled stuff with a few new attacks/mechanics and that was pretty much it for most of the patches, so I don't get your excitement over Tera's "quality updates".

It really is delusional nostalgia speaking. I mean delusional nostalgia is a redundant phrase but you get it. You're really looking at this game through rose colored glasses and that's not a bad thing necessarily, but you need to be aware you're doing it, and that if the server would become permanent the nostalgia would wear off soon... and the server would die.

I like when other people tells you what's going in your head.

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• Btw,did u guys read youtube facebook and any other platforms to see what people are thinking about the classic server ?

They says "omg its wonderfull to see classic again!"

Then someone told them "its temporary"

Then the guy who excited says "lol its not worth to play"

Basically everyone are thinking same.

So lame to make "temporary" at first place.

Its like "ok guys we made a classic server which is not real classic one,then after some weeks you can find yourself in fishing around the highwatch and soamming returrrded pve dungeons again!"

• I like when other people tells you what's going in your head.

I'm only looking at what you people write tbh

Most of the things people talk about apply to tera pve content today just fine "oh it was fun, it was hard, challenging, you would meet new people etc". Reason why people feel like the time when they started playing was special was because they were new. That's exactly how I feel about the patch I started playing. But you know what, by all means let gf make this permanent I'm not even opposed to it. I just know 90% (the remaining 10% being crazy autists as there are some in any type of niche community) of people will get hella bored after 3 months of the same stale patch.

Online games that are stuck in the so called maintenance mode aren't doing so well and usually have very tiny playerbases (I'm talking 50-250 people..) which is not a healthy thing at all for a company that wants to make money. Private servers of games like maplestory still get content updates and various class fixes and balances etc. They're not stuck in one patch. Hell I know a particular group of insane maplestory veterans that quit in a specific patch when "everything went to shit" *cough* that sounds familiar *cough* and they decided to to play on a private server that has the beloved patch they felt so nostalgic about... Fast forward a few months and they're playing on a private server of the patch "when everything went to shit" because they were bored to death of their fav patch. /shrug

• Tera is probably interesting for late newcomers, of course the gameplay is decent, but I take more the Classic version as a gift, something they wanted to make alive for a month and that's a good idea.

There's nothing bad behind that, it's... yeah for fun, and it may come back again later ? I'm happy to start a character all over again (not happy if I'm 60 in a day...) with that kewl nostalgia because the content was funnier than today!

Now to ask for a Perma version, not sure it's a good idea, but for a time to time Classic comes back, I'm all in.

• Dude i played tera after release.Everything was fine and we got the patches which includes MOAR PVE content.You must do them for getting some good shits.Not talking about 1-2 times.You have to grind them 7173717373762 times everday every night.

We told gameforge to warn bhs and told them to make western updates not fairy tale grind bases korean updates.

Asians love to grind,you can check the gold sites,item sites.Most of them are asian and they are getting profit from there also pvp is doesnt matter for most of them.So bhs is focusing what asian people wants.

Thats why we have elins in first place.Anime and pve thats all what asian wants.

So lets be realistic,how many people loves endless grinding in Eu also Na ?

The last people who plays this game right ?

I remember we were getting queue to enter server during this golden age.Cause the game was really fun and the pvp was active.Talking about max 2 min que.Cause the dungeons are simple,people can obtain gear from bellicarium and ks shop and nexus.

Now the game turns p2w and pve.How can people support these 2 shit things at the same time ?

TL:DR İf u want to play in pve server and grind everyday you can choose any pve server.You can still get what u want.Alao u dont need any pvp players to do pve content.You can also go dungeons in an empty server with ur group and keep pveing.

Just support us for permanent classic server and let us to get what we want.

• They could have make it "permanent" with the caveat that "If this server doesn't reach a sustainable playerbase it will be merged, until then, it's permanent" - instead they decided beforehand it isn't going to be, without even trying.

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• Content today is plenty hard and challenging too if you're a new/returning player. Literally the only reason why you're so fixated on old dungeons instead of the new ones (which utilize similar/new mechanics, faster, more fun fights etc) is because you were NEW back then and the game was much more populated. Things felt more fun I get it. Just a dumb example but AA in normal mode is plenty hard when you play with new players, even more so if you're new to the game. All these things you speak of - they're not exclusive to classic tera. They're exclusive to a new mmo that you were experiencing for the first time with a lot of people and it had this feeling of wonder. Tera never had the amount of fun pve content it has now. Tons of dungeons to do

I totaly agree. That was the whole point of my previous explanation. It was great because it was new. And you got to experience pretty much everything for the 1st time. There was a lot of player, met a lot of different people and get to know quite well a selected few, and everyone was pretty much in a euphoria state. So indeed, it will NEVER be like this because we kind of experienced it already right ? It's just nostaligia speaking now. I'm perfecly aware of it. But I'm glad that I'm given to experience (most likely one last time) what got me interested and invested in this genre for the 1st time.
    Like I said, all good things has to end one day.

Well, did you notice the new gearing system changed to the pos it is right now exactly because people complained their gear becomes useless every 6 months? So BHS rolled out a gear system that is based on eternal upgrades/enchants of the same piece of gear, with dungeons that never get removed so your gear always stays relevant for the same batch of dungeons. Whether it was a good or bad thing it doesn't matter, but it was changed precisely because of people like you complaining about it... and then you get a chance to beat the fun fun fun manaya again for the 5th time.. and you don't :^)

Yeah, I did. And I had tons of MES and old Alkahest and an outrageous amount of fodders to convert or throw away (depending on what we talk about). So I basically was more than ready back then to enchant pretty much anything that could have come in between my hands, and expected pretty much the same thing this time... Guess what... It wasn't... I was needing some jewelry... The same one you stock on when you try to server transfer, or are short on money and sell them... I kind of felt disapointed and somehow ripped off.
    I have farmed countless hours to "always have a somewhat comfortable advancing path"... to understand that I kind of had to do it all over again with this new system... Yeah... Felt good on paper, kind of felt like a backstabing. But that's just me.

Got even more disapointed with the "new ultimate skill update quest" (Not sure if it was released at the same time but... ... Probably was...). You had to go back to Elenea and fight your way through hordes of dragons... I had the previous generation of VM equiped (that you had to turn into your new gear. And just to be sure, I upgraded it several times after). This quest was the ultimate stroke. It wasn't because the monsters were HP cows or very powerfull and could get you dead in 2 hits... The main issue was that there were TOO FREAKING MANY of them... After reaching what seemed to be the "end", I got a crash. "It's ok, it happens sometimes, doesn't really matter... I'll found my character dead and start more or less where I left it eventually." Or so I thought... I dad to start over from the very beginning... "Yeah... No thank you... Have a great day, I'm done with this, time to do something else."

I never asked for this server to be permanent. If you thouroughly checked what I previously posted, you'll notice that I always advocated the fact that "All good things has to meet their end eventually". I take this oportunity as a nice move from GF. I don't believe to be delusional, and I already moved-on to something else, and I'm not expecting a lot from this "relaunch", aside from the fact that it will be a one month experience, and re-discover "how it used to be".

As for the "what if"... I couldn't care less. I know what made me stay, and what made me quitt : I'm not here to "claim" something I lost, I'm just paying a last visit to "an old friend" I had a lot of fun with. There is nothing more to it.

index.jpg
    Luraminaki : Slayer 65 [ ] Luraminakki : Warrior 65
    Luraminyani : Brawler 65 [ ] Luramizaki : Berzerker 65
    Luraminali : Mystic 65
    Player since : 23/02/2013
    一期一会
    闇の鏡

• Do you really belive this server will be fun? There will be no cash grab mechanics right? You know spellbinds were only cashshop back in VM 1 - VM3 .. well you could get them via IMS Helping Box with a very low chance and then maybe 1 - 3 Spellbinds ... but tbh IMS on a single server is so pointless. Have fun grinding spellbinds from whales. Oh and worst case scenario: We will probalby get LoT Korean Version which had 1 Hour Cooldown. Good Luck farming Masterwork alkahest. Also ircc VM3 already had Nerfed Nexus aka easy all Nexus Spot and almost no MES (they removed them during Vm3). So GL farming MES.

Ah and CCB where cashshop only too. Have fun spening 800 - 1000g for Anarchic Crux and 1000g was almost 50% of daily gold gain with TERA Club goold boost.

And 300k Gold for T3 Etching .. Have fun.

Most people hyping Classic server never really played End game. Maybe just WHNM/HM and Rifts Edge.

If u really want enjoying old content then just level an alt to 60 and do the dungeons with level 58 Gear and no avatar Weapon. Believe me mechanics and attacks will hurt and bosses won't die easily.

It's not like im against such a thing .. but just face the truth .. not everything was better in the past

Oh on a side note. Don't play Mysitcs. Mystic weren't a support back in lvl 60 : No endurance debuff until Level 65, no contaigion, spamming power buff every X second until you were out of mana. Also only 10% Heal on Mote drop and Heal pet 45 sec CD with a single iframe which had a cooldown of 6+ sec. Why i know it? because i was a main mystic before BHS decided to to rape Mystics in Vm 2 and Vm3

• The idea is fun yes, because it's a limited time as I said. You won't be able to farm the way you're saying since it won't be permanent.

Plus if they make it perma, then some mechanics will have to change because they weren't good for most of them.

The fun isn't in farming shit like you said Kraxler because they will rise the drop rate drastically ...

And there won't have time to grind, so the players who'll want to do MC or any other dungeons won't have proper gears ;)

• But changing extremely droprate/ succes chance for gearing is not that classic TBH. Feels like a private Server hosted by a student ...

I mean if it's only because of old dungeon they could just reopen them adjusting to current gear and value and everybody could enjoy them + i could get something for my main. Gearin an alt is so pointless (because leveling an alt to 70 will be a huge pain). Also it wouldn't split the community that much. In worst case scenario both server will be so dead that nobody can actually enjoy content because LFG is dead.

It's not like i'm against classic server .. but lets be real. TERA CAN'T AFFORD THIS KIND OF EVENTS. World of Warcraft can do somethibng like this because MILLION ofs fans are requesting it and there were succesful private (nostalrius had over 150.000 active player until forced closing .....150k player on a PRIVATE SERVER) server until they got closed. How many players are interested in Classic TERA? 10.000 at BEST if there were so much players on EU