Upcoming Patch 80 [Level 70 Levelcap] and concerns about the future of the Game

• So, yesterday, the newest Patch with the Level 70 Levelcap was rolled out on the Korean TERA servers.

Patch Notes can be found here:
    https://seraphinush-gaming.tum…5553/ktera-patch-20181220

Now, on paper, this sounds good - new levels with new opportunities to further progress with your character, and adding some variety to their building. (For reference, here is a google spreadsheet about the new "TalYphs" https://docs.google.com/spread…tU814/edit#gid=2048826091 )

However, as could be seen not only from Streams but also screenshots, there are major flaws in this system, and I am concerned that some of them are extremely unhealthy for the EU and other western regions. Let me list them up:

1. Forcing people to do solo content.

Alright, certainly, at first glance, this is a delight to some people - some have trouble finding parties, others simply want some time off from it. And I get that, it is a good idea to add some variety for those players as well as make openworld/solo content somewhat viable again. However, this is also where the exact issue lies in, because to get the new gear (the relic and whatever the other thing was), as well as fodder gear to transfer stats over, you need to FORCIBLY do this content - that means, there is no option to skip it, no alternative, or no viable option to play it with parties, the latter of which is because it would be too inefficient (loot split and the already slow leveling, but i'll get to that). This is also complemented by the new Adventure token system, which limits daily runs, pushing you to do more solo content.

Finally, PvPer's also get significant advantages from the new systems, so, if they wish to stay ahead, they aren't able to avoid this grind either, as, once again, there are no other realistic options to level up, and NO other options to get the new gearpieces.

Now, of course there is the option of just doing dailies to level up, but because those dailies don't really give a good amount of EXP in correlation to their level, doing it that way will take months - the fastest way is still grinding monsters, which brings me to my next point:

2. Massive amounts of experience required in contrast to very low amount of experience gained - or, in other words, absurd grind

For this, let me show you a video of a full HO+3 gunner doing his quests, then leveling by killing BAM's. Per BAM, he gets 1,5 million EXP, a bit more while having his rested EXP stacked up.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351672504

He still needed 10 hours - yes, that's right, 10 freaking hours - to level up to 66. And this is only for the FIRST of the 5 new levels, which needs considerably less EXP to level up to. If we take this leveling speed as average, then calculate a rough estimate from the EXP needed per level up (check the spreadsheet), you might need up to 500~700 hours of PLAYTIME just to even get to the new level cap. And this is playtime in which all you do is mindlessly farming the same BAM's over and over again, ALONE. Farming them in a party is not even viable due to the EXP split and the process already being painfully slow.

This extremely grindy and slow process will cause an even more massive disparity between players, as just the advantages of leveling up are significant (15% damage and better crit rates against bosses due to the level difference). This is not even mentioning the additional strength they gain from the TalYphs.

Another ultimate consequence of this is that any alt-characters are killed off, and that players who play more than one character on a high level get outright SCREWED by this patch. In EU, where this playing of multiple characters is practiced by a lot of people - which is also due to the past, where the content was much more friendly to having multiple characters, even encouraging it - I see this design decision as EXTREMELY unhealthy towards the remaining playerbase.

Now, on the Inven Forums, as well as in streams, Koreans have already loudly voiced their overwhelmingly negative opinions on this. While we might expect a change by the time this patch is to hit our servers, I still believe it to be important enough to raise awareness about it here so in case there is no change, there is still a chance of suggesting some regional changes to adress the issues caused by this before this patch hits.

3. Goldsink and lack of income

This is an issue we already face with our current patch and the Heroic Oath enchantments with their ABSURD costs. To upgrade the Tal's and unlock the Yph's, a considerable amount of gold is needed, while the new content doesn't add any new realistic source of gold. By that time, our most profitable content, Dreadspire, will be removed. Harrowhold will also no longer be available if we follow the patches the same way as K-TERA does.

Now, the upgrade costs per skill upgrade aren't as absurd as those to upgrade gear (which is also because there is no RNG involved), but they become noticable over time and extremely significant if one actually goes through with making use of this system on multiple characters. With our current ways of getting money, I am worried that normal players might not be able to make any use out of this system at all, as they will likely be pouring all their time and costs into their gear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time this Patch is likely to hit the EU servers, most players will still be busy gearing up (with those absurd costs tied with absurd RNG, I wouldn't be surprised!), or leveling up their talents - and if not that, then with fishing or gathering (???) to gain another way of income. Apart from the issue that players who play multiple characters will get screwed from all this, my main concern is that new players might be overwhelmed by all this, and are likely to quit the game before it really starts, while many veterans are leaving, unhappy with the direction Bluehole is steering towards. And in its current state, the game direly needs more players.

In any case, I would like to hear your opinions about this and suggestions if you have any.

Cheers,
    Assa

• I'm too lazy to write anything detailed about what I think of this since I stopped playing anyway, but in a short summary: Whoever came up with this is full of shit

• Don't forget aswell as the only way to get the adventure tokens rapidly refilled is as far as i understood the cash shop which is a huge downgrade if you run the endgame

• No way I can write detailed stuff... but I was right to stuck at frostmetal and don't give a shit about higher tiers, this is RIDICULOUS, BLATANT SHITTY RIDICULOUS already. Cost, amount of grind and most of all - shitty and absurd RNG, thanks Bluehole, you just headshot yourself.
    As for level cap - nice, nice, yes, please, more quests as endgame is dead already but when I read what it involves I can only hear myself screaming big "NO fckn way!".
    Time to get back to WoW. Bluehole, you are full of shit.

• I thought about getting more into Tera again after the new year started but if it becomes like this I'm better off watching paint dry.

Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
    Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars

• New players trying to play TERA:

Easy as fk dungeons from level 20 to 60 which require no team play no mechanics no skill knowledge. Can be done in a day.
    Leveling from 60 to 65 takes a day of slowly doing story quests or spamming Sabex/MC which are going to get removed.

Hit level 65:

Need to enchant from guardian to twistshard to frostmetal to stormcry to heroic oath.
    Need to grind good glyphs from bams. Some people with item level 446 don't even have glyphs sometimes, especially healers having no idea to debuff bosses because they didn't need to do it during leveling so they just don't know.
    Need to do awakening quest to get even more skills.
    Need to grind talent XP. Need to grind item XP.

Soon will need to grind this talyph XP and gold for it. Leveling from 1 to 65 takes a few days at a normal pace, but 65 to 70 will suddenly take months. (Either all leveling should take long, or it should all be fast, no?)

Why do we need so many different systems and windows and experience bars for our skills??

Glyphs - talents - skill upgrading (tal) - skill upgrading (yph) - awakening.

If I was a new player to this game and I saw all these confusing levels and slow experience bars for skills, gear, etc, etc, I would've just dropped it instantly.

I wanna log in and have fun and play with friends, not min-max 20 different experience bars every day and log out because I'm exhausted from the grind.

Honestly feel a bit sad about all the alts I won't be able to play because if I can't gear them up now, then I definitely won't be able to in the future AND get them all to lvl 70 at the time time while spending half a million per skill upgrade with the new system.

• Btw on Top of gold cost u need to grind Skill scrolls which are obviously not tradeable. You need around 2k ish to max out one of the 3 skills.

Also they make a new level cap without adding actual lvl 70 content? what's the point this Talyph system could be easily done at level 65. You know just let Dungeon Bosses and IoD Bams drop these scrolls. Increase Gold Reward ... Done ..

Also the new relics enchantment is cancer just like gather tools. You need T1 + T1 = T2 then T2 + T2 to get T3 and so on. And we know BHS they will most likely only a smal chance of success.

To get T5 Relic u need 16x T1 Relic and only if this is 100% Chance and this 2 times since there are two.

And BHS belike oh it's expensive how about we decrease the cost of guardian and twistshard gear again? Seriously this gear cost almost nothing, How about adjusting Forstmetal/SC and HO ... Literally no ojne cares for Guardian Gear (cist atm less then 10k Gold to get full Twistshard and less than 50k to get FM) But then you need to buy an overpriced recupe just to craft gold daric.

This game is just dead. Still wonder why BHS didn't added HO +4 - +6 .. Well maybe next month. In the future people will decline Level 65 players for 65 dungeon because no talyphs ect.

GLSNM Level 70/ 453 ilvl exp inc

• I have nothing to really add to this other than to show that I share your concerns with the upcoming content.
    Tera is changing at a rapid pace to be a completely different game than most of us fell in love with.

Maybe the changes make sense for asian markets, but I fear that it's currently already stretching the limit of what western players will want to stomach.

• Official Tera was ruined after they introduced Enchant & Upgrade, it started happening after this

Bluehole trashed a great game and now it will get only worse, these people who came up with ideas like this are probably new developerss.

I feel like the old bluehole team doesn't work on tera anymore.

#MakeOldTeraServer

• I'm just curious how healers are supposed to lvl if it's solo content?
    Bhs new dev team forgot tera is a holy trinity game when they went full bdo haven't they lol
    And they do realise that people that are playing tera are playing it because its not bdo? I swear bhs is making me have some bad prejudices about Koreans.

• Bluehole devs are just retarded. Proven over and over again :elin12:

DPS Tier-List (No Idea about LvL 70 Patch but just gonna guess)
    Broken-Tier: Reaper

Top-Tier: Archer/Valkyrie
    Mid-Tier: Berserker/Sorc/Warrior
    Low-Tier: Slayer/Ninja/Gunner

Zerk tl;dr from Tobthekingx

• New players trying to play TERA:

Easy as fk dungeons from level 20 to 60 which require no team play no mechanics no skill knowledge. Can be done in a day.
    Leveling from 60 to 65 takes a day of slowly doing story quests or spamming Sabex/MC which are going to get removed.

Erm, its the opposite around (clearly you didnt level up any character in the past year lol). Many times players are stuck because they cant actually find a party, sure i agree dungeons are easy (as they are supossed to be) but the main problem is, to actually get into one lol. I cant count so many times i got stuck for days trying to advance in the levelling courve, because i couldnt find a party. And doing kumas all the time, specially after the terrible changes they made, like no lol. So yeah, once you solve that problem everything else comes fast. But if not, not in hell "can be done in a day" you can be stuck even for a week to just play a fuck1n dungeon to be able to advance in your levelling courve. I wonder if some day, the devs will realize this and will actually improve it.

And sure, all people complain about how easy is, but then evrybody is completely ok on how things are done. Because i never ever saw anyone complaining about how the levelling courve is managed in the game. How badly the obligated dungeons are implemented to make people levelling up. Everybody seems ok with everything, so...

• I consider the developers slighty drunk when they made up their mind about this patch.

Ultima | Lv68 Priest | ILv 458 | Yurian
    Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
    Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• it looks like bhs wants to transorm tera into bdo, btw they made some "hotfixes" for xp in dungeons and the xp required, still cancer af, most like you need to grind for months to get to lvl 70. lets hope this is the right time tera is gonna die, i think we all had enough about this fkin game and these 2 ridiculous companies. P.S: gameforge pls dont publish lost ark in eu ty

• it looks like bhs wants to transorm tera into bdo, btw they made some "hotfixes" for xp in dungeons and the xp required, still cancer af, most like you need to grind for months to get to lvl 70. lets hope this is the right time tera is gonna die, i think we all had enough about this fkin game and these 2 ridiculous companies. P.S: gameforge pls dont publish lost ark in eu ty

Grinding for months to achieve anything is a common goal in any single mmorpg, hahaha. And of course a new level cap is not new at all. Happens everywhere. Welcome to the world of mmorpgs. The only difference between other mmorpgs and Tera is the balance between quality and content. Tera basically is avoiding quality control since a long time ago. And many mmorpgs do the same, once they see they are getting profits without even worrying about fixing things or improving, for example the ui.

And again, no, Tera is not going to die anytime soon. Unless you tell all those rich kids and pedofiles to stop throwing money. If you can achieve that, yeah the game will probably die, if not, hahaha, not even in dreams. I still dont have a clue why some people say the game is dying hahahahaha. It makes me laugh so hard everytime.. :P

And yup, you hate "those companies" but again, this happens in every single mmorpg. Want things to change? dont waste money on the game. As simple as that.This happens in 100% of the f2p mmorpg world. As long as they get profits, no matter from what, they are going to keep doing things as they are. They are never going to change for the better, because they dont need to.

• ye ok, every mmos has the same kind of grind xD. if u want we can take as example fate of arun, that with all his problems wasnt that mindless grind as lvl 70 cap, if u want we can take as an example even wow. i only see that tera is trying to copy bdo under this aspect

• and if u think ppl 'll play with this system " grinding for months 1-2 levels" i think you are optimistic, well if gameforge release some nasty xp scroll that give you one level for 1000 tts maybe your point is true!

• ye ok, every mmos has the same kind of grind xD. if u want we can take as example fate of arun, that with all his problems wasnt that mindless grind as lvl 70 cap, if u want we can take as an example even wow. i only see that tera is trying to copy bdo under this aspect

Copy? no dude. There is nothing to copy anymore, it is just the way mmorpgs are.. .that is what you dont get.