Now with a few weeks into the new Patch, im sure many of you already had your experiences with this. Im talking about the enchantment and upgrade system.
You know it yourself, some players run around having spendt almost nothing and are perhaps already +2 with a few tries, meanwhile other dudes standing on +46% upgrade chance for +1 and are still failing.
What is wrong here?
The issue is one little detail: the correction chance you get from each fail, is always the same value
with having a gear piece maxed out, you have 20% chance to upgrade it +2% for each fail. this means that after 5 tries, you have an overall 75% chance to have your piece upgraded until now.
so, 74.73% (3/4 players) already have their +1, but the other 1/4 is now at 30% and still needs to continue
go a bit further into and we may end up here quite some time
(not mine btw, i enchanted mine after 2 tries cause well rng)
so, in enchantment costs so far (7 tries)
1841 Golden Plates
350 Silver Plates
and now again. "why should one part of the community keep spending hardcore amounts of money and still gain nothing from it?"
What is my proposed change?
quite simple: do not make the correction per fail a static +% value, and instead change it to increase exponentially or progressive per fail
an example can look like this:
20% base +1%, +2%, +3%, +5%, +8%, +13%, +21% +34% (this means after 8 fails you are over 100%)
or like this:
20% base +0.25% +0.5% +1% +2% +4% +8% +16% +32% +64% ( this means after 9 fails you are over 100%)
and how does it look after 5 tries?
for first example, you would be at 75.15% players, however the other 24.85% can simply not go over 5 more tries
for second example, im at only 69.83% of players, therefore while still being objectively worse , the other 30.17% players can simply not go over 6 more tries (compared to being at 30% upgrade chance, and you know you can still fail with 40% chance in the current system)
i would *love* to hear what the rest of the community thinks of it