Oldschool server please

• So here's the deal, choose one of 3 periods:
    - vm 1;
    - vm2, before innerwears and reaper release;
    - lvl 65 patch.

Personal favourite is vm2 b4 reaper, cause I started playing there but I'm pretty sure vm1 was even better if I had a chance to play it.
    No need for eq bgs, gear wassn't really that easy to get but still pretty doable.
    Leaderboard alredy existed back then, aside from the reward they gave alredy (murderous intent) you can make it so if you are in the top spots there, you get some rewards on main server: give a reason to keep playing.

Talking pve, I'm not the best person to talk about this, but I think MCHM and KN20 were pretty fun dungeons for the mlg pve players, also CoF with leaderboard, remember that? (sadly it was bugged and rng anyway but still..).
    Also after a while if people get bored you can adapt the new dungeon to the old gear, kind like your "extreme" modes but in the opposite direction.

Now, how do you make the €€€ ?
    First of all if you profited enough from Manahan to justify the effort of maintaining a server up and making new bg rules and stuff, I'm sure you could profit from wiping off the dust from an old tera build and making minor tweaks, maybe try it for a couple of months like manahan.

There are a couple things you can do to make the money and still keeping it f2p (cause p2p won't work):
    - server transfer: I don't think many people would trnsfer from an oldschool server to a new one.. but still there are some cool things you could bring with you, examples are: ghost knight elm, alliance masks, old equipment you can't get anymore (I personally want double damage reflect gear for memes);
    - untradable costumes, I'm sorry f2p erp-ers, you'll need to get out your wallet this time... just make costumes untradable, not many people are willing to play without any costume, I didn't spend a dime on this game but I can't live without cape, sooooo :)
    - mild p2w: even tho I despise p2w, it would be needed... it's really the only reason this game is still alive, here's how it would work: LoT (main farming spot back then, kinda like ghilliglade) would have its mwa drop decreased (halved I guess), there would be enchanting boxes on the store which either drop mwa, spellbind or mes, in varying quantities cause gambling is scientifically proven to be addictive :^)
    - Tera club (could be included in the p2w part), on top of mount (non flying cause they didn't exist back then) double instance entrances and the rest, you get a box which containes 2 mes, the number of mwa needed for one enchant (don't remember how many, it also varies by period) and the same number of spellbinds (used to lock 1 roll), all of those ofc UNTRADABLE, tc is also untradable.

Finally: the server doesn't work? close it... it doesn't take much effort to set it up.. the tweaks require a bit of effort tho I guess.
    What if people want a general feel of progression and it starts to feel stale? every 6 months reset every account, meaning you delete any gold or item with merchant value so people only keep their level, their costumes and achievements. Make achievements or something for people who got certain milestons in every "season".

Yes I'm bored ._.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kyureta ().

• Lets be honest... PvE would be boring for veterans. So it should be PvP server (starting with team only skyring patch).

PS: How is PvP on Killian right now? I saw on steamchars that population of Tera EU increased... lol

• If increased then only for a while xd its probably coz of the awakening so ppl want to check it out or coz of the consoles population and promotion. Pvp is worse really xd mysitc's wrath is op + the new thrall can one shot whole raid. Warri broken as hell. Zerk can 1 skil a lot of ppl with awakened cycloone etc u have to check out and see if u really stopped to play

• Search a bit in the big thing called internet. There is even a guide to set up your own server.

But a mmorpg without players, is not a mmorpg.

Keep your Memorys from the past, you wont see them again.

• I saw that guide on how to set up vanilla tera server.. but need players..

And I know it won't happen again.. but if gameforge somehow profited from manahan and freakin sikander.. why wouldn't a vanilla server work.

Gonna edit main post and make it less meme, maybe Athena will bless me with a "Forwarded" xd

• "vanilla" not going to work out without updates. After a time it would become inactive.
    What if you get full VM1? Running MC endlessly? What is the point of this?

If you want to have a private server it should be different and not a copy of TERA from 5 years ago.

It should have all the current classes and they should be properly balanced.
    Getting gear and gearing up should be super easy.
    Also 3vs3, 5vs5 and Fraywind should be the only battlegrounds.

• I choose VM2, before reaper release, because I started playing Tera at that time and I dont know how it was in VM1 time. I also would like that they make 3vs3 premade equalized. They should make it more difficult to get VM2 and to make it plus 12, so that they don´t have to bring something new. For battlegrounds, it would be good if all were equalized. Gear would be just for Open World PvP and dungeons.

• I don't think this will ever happen for several reasons.

But I'd love it still.

Gimme back my old Island of Dawn :|

Also give me back the tutorial where you started as a lv.20 so you could test some of the class skills, then going back to lv.1

Also for those who complains that you would nothing to do after reaching VM1:

- First of all,do you even know how long it takes to get VM1 with the old 5% Shandra Quill drop rate?
    - Second,what's progression anyway? getting a new gear tier only to have new, stronger bosses which will basically make you go back to when you had your old gear since you're pretty much doing the same damage as when you had your old gear since new bosses have increased def?

My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->

(Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

• "vanilla" not going to work out without updates. After a time it would become inactive.
    What if you get full VM1? Running MC endlessly? What is the point of this?

If you want to have a private server it should be different and not a copy of TERA from 5 years ago.

It should have all the current classes and they should be properly balanced.
    Getting gear and gearing up should be super easy.
    Also 3vs3, 5vs5 and Fraywind should be the only battlegrounds.

Just make that server have a CS:GO kind of BG pvp mode -- no grind or whatever.

I hear naysayers, what's the point of playing PvP in it? Same point as playing CS:GO. Would be cool to have those numbers of players in TERA don't you think so? Derp.

Revenue? Guys, please, what's with this p2w or grind crap mentality these days? Just make it freaking pay2play (with costumes on top), wtf, that's more than enough.

Or make it mine Monero in the background (to play you must submit X amount of hashes in Y minutes) since TERA barely uses your CPU or GPU anyway so it won't run any worse than currently.

• Good luck setting a server based on a game with stolen and corrupted code. I already saw this happening and failing before. If someone pulls it out, i'll take off my hat to him and register, just make it PvP server. Pay2Play would be great, discarding all the RNG pay walls and nolife grinding, for sure would be easier to maintain without the freeloaders and any kind of bot accounts spam(the common in F2P).

And no, no new classes from reaper to valkyrie. Unless people don't understand new classes "bugs" are actual features that you cannot balance towards vanilla gameplay. Plus as a private server, you can make whatever you want from it, open free all dungeons(all the forgotten dungeons, even BTHM and CoF) and battlegrounds with diversity, Nexus, similar rewards for alternative gameplay(PvE/PvP) and the alliance system reworked. Infamy patch like Korea at some point had, where players with infamy cannot use NPC's and a lot of ideas this game had from the start and never been implemented. And no, no crusade or flying castle shit, no flying mounts, no CA, no etchings, no dyads, no potions more than once in combat or increase drastically the cooldowns.

Best would be before Wonderholme patch(still can implement the dungeon adjusted for the top gears in it), no VM2, no Steadfast/Wonderholme gear and their silly tokens exchange for gear, these sets were one of the first power creeps in the game and first big gear gap.

Need gear? Do dungeon/pvp for it or use broker. Remodeling system back in the game, armor dye, oldschool crafting, Bloodrave and the original Vision Maker as the top BiS gears.

And the most important part, it cannot be host by Gameforge.

The post was edited 7 times, last by Rafera ().

• i know dozens of people who would return to tera if it was old school vm2 patch, but unfortunately it will never happen

all these companies that make "new and exciting " mmos which get hyped up and then they realise its shit and they die out, happens every time
    maybe if bhs or gf/eme realize just how good tera vm2 was then maaaaaaaaaybe, but i doubt it

• Endlessly farming LoT again on 5 Min CD with 2 Chars? Nah thanks, I'll just afk in Highwatch then.

"The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."

• Endlessly farming LoT again on 5 Min CD with 2 Chars? Nah thanks, I'll just afk in Highwatch then.

thats why gameforge cannot be the host

• i was made this video with my private server :

It's really hard to config multiplayers , and maintan server use to many times.

I think it"s not a vanilla we need , but a better game with new optimization and especially renewal I feel like I'm playing a rebreather game.

• "For save her."
    What was seen, can not be unseen, me engleesh grammer iz hart 5 gud

subject related : I disagree, do not release a new server (old*?) focus on what you have right now the future. Refering to GF/game managers.

It Just feels so empty without me :elin33: