Holiday grind event!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      When did he say Grinding? Of course a person that is playing all the day can spend a lot of woney just 'cause he like the game or want to be better (p2w that is), so pls don't start to divert the topic. :elin34:
    • Katherin wrote:

      eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      When did he say Grinding? Of course a person that is playing all the day can spend a lot of woney just 'cause he like the game or want to be better (p2w that is), so pls don't start to divert the topic. :elin34:

      educate yourself
    • eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      So BHS/GF makes the game more and more inefficient for normal playing. So with normal playing and aktive club you are still getting screwed by them.

      Club should be enough to get something from an event without spending extra cash on crap or insane time grinding something stupide. The gaming industry converted into money hungry bastards over the past decade only with F2P and mobile games in their minds.

      So enjoy this great event :)
    • eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      Because, in many cases (and sadly this is true) the ones throwing away so many hours in this game are the ones without enough brain capacity to stop em to throw insane amounts of money (not all of em of course but a lot). I would agree that in normal circunstances, people pay for avoid grind, but if you are going to be such lifeless fella you really dont care abou grinding or throwing away money, you probably would do both things. One thing does not invalidate the other.

      The most intelligent and mature players will just not burn emselves grinding, and they will not throw money (or at least those absurd amounts) into the game, as simple as that. If you like the game, you should be doing a really light grinding and have patience for whatever thing you want to grind. I dont see the point on playing a videogame you say you like and then be mad because "the grinding is too much" and you want everything asap the same day lol. Its the big mistake of all mmorpgs, people grinding like hell without realizing that the game itself needs patience because it is an mmorpg, as simple as that. The moment heroic oath was released, everybody wanted to have upgraded their equipment asap. I mean, really? i find that completely ridiculous. Or people trying to farm talents as fast as they can, for what purpose? really? all these things, i will never get em. Those players probably dont like the game at all, in fact. Fortunately Tera has many end-game things to do, but this thinking in other mmorpgs will lead you to even be burn out even sooner already lol.
    • eutri wrote:

      Katherin wrote:

      eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      When did he say Grinding? Of course a person that is playing all the day can spend a lot of woney just 'cause he like the game or want to be better (p2w that is), so pls don't start to divert the topic. :elin34:
      educate yourself
      Like I say stay in topic pls, and I know what is Grind im playing Tera since 2014, and pretty much a lot of other MMO and MMORPG, dont be so angry just because I say that, I dont know why would U be so angry that u would say "educate yourself" it's just a comment, dont take it too hard or u would die early.
      Stay Healthy.
      Pd: I'm not going to keep arguing with you even if u say something to me, just let it go like the water in a river
      :elin39: :elin40:
    • Miriad wrote:

      eutri wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money.
      dude your logic is all backwardspeople who whale do it precisely to NOT waste time on grinding
      Because, in many cases (and sadly this is true) the ones throwing away so many hours in this game are the ones without enough brain capacity to stop em to throw insane amounts of money (not all of em of course but a lot). I would agree that in normal circunstances, people pay for avoid grind, but if you are going to be such lifeless fella you really dont care abou grinding or throwing away money, you probably would do both things. One thing does not invalidate the other.
      Depends on your job or where you get your money from (freelancing comes to mind, so you can always pick up on more projects). Working for more money so you can spend it on the game is MUCH better than farming in the game unless you are totally unskilled and do low-skilled work only.

      Tbh I think even flipping burgers might be better than farming, per hour.

      Miriad wrote:

      The most intelligent and mature players will just not burn emselves grinding, and they will not throw money (or at least those absurd amounts) into the game, as simple as that.
      What is absurd to you, may not be absurd to someone else. When you make 15k euros a month working 4 hours per day, throwing 1k per month is really not a big deal to you, and much better than literally wasting your time farming for much less return.

      I really find it laughable when people praise farming as "hard work" and "good progression" but dismiss throwing money as "cheats" or "lame". The latter keeps the game alive, your shitty grinding doesn't, waste of resources. And no, I find them both detestable (grinding & paying for stats), but I'd rather do the latter if the game is worth it. TERA isn't obviously.

      Paying for cosmetics is totally fine tho.


      tl;dr: In terms of respect that should be given (first listed = most respect)

      Your mature player (no waste time grinding or money)
      Cosmetic Small Fish
      Cosmetic Whale
      p2w Whale
      ...
      ...
      ...
      ...
      ...
      ...
      "Farming is hard work that needs to be respected and is good game design" kind of "player".



      Yes, it's that far down below the rest.
    • Borsuc wrote:

      What is absurd to you, may not be absurd to someone else. When you make 15k euros a month working 4 hours per day, throwing 1k per month is really not a big deal to you, and much better than literally wasting your time farming for much less return.
      I really find it laughable when people praise farming as "hard work" and "good progression" but dismiss throwing money as "cheats" or "lame". The latter keeps the game alive, your shitty grinding doesn't, waste of resources. And no, I find them both detestable (grinding & paying for stats), but I'd rather do the latter if the game is worth it. TERA isn't obviously.
      Sure, lol, 15k euros a month working 4 hours per day is not a lot of money, thats insane. Haha, throwing 1k is absolutely nothing in that case. But you are just quoting a really really really exceptional case. I was talking more about rich kids (if you know what that is) and money whales that dont rely on their job entirely to have "earnings". People who dont even know why are they even throwing such amount of money and people that dont even are actually enjoying the game, even if they want to believe that.

      Tera probably isnt worthy for you, but i would like you to name another mmorpg that is actually "worthy" the grind. Because i played many many many and honestly, i dont find the grind worst or more tedious than anywhere else. Rewards are pretty lame for all the grind? probably and in this case yes, Tera is worst than most mmorpgs. But the grind itself.. it is not. You have many different things to do and to grind, many mmorpgs wil make you repeat the same thing over and over and over and over the game, and they totally lack on actual content to diversify the grind.
    • Miriad wrote:

      Sure, lol, 15k euros a month working 4 hours per day is not a lot of money, thats insane. Haha, throwing 1k is absolutely nothing in that case. But you are just quoting a really really really exceptional case. I was talking more about rich kids (if you know what that is) and money whales that dont rely on their job entirely to have "earnings". People who dont even know why are they even throwing such amount of money and people that dont even are actually enjoying the game, even if they want to believe that.
      Yeah and "rich kids" have parents which earn at least that much (if not more). If you look at salaries for simple jobs in camel land countries, you'll get depressed for sure.

      Miriad wrote:

      Tera probably isnt worthy for you, but i would like you to name another mmorpg that is actually "worthy" the grind.
      No I was talking about what is worthy to spend a non-trivial amount of money on, maybe even more than 1k.

      No current MMO fits that bill for me (note: for me, so my opinion). For example, GW2 would fit it but it has no deathmatch arena with no respawns, and they haven't added it for like 4 years if not more, which makes it hopeless (it was "planned" from before release) and a waste of money to support. The "cartoonish" games with caricature models are out of the question also.

      Newer games seem to favor crap like Battle Royale mode (yes, MMOs!) which, again, makes it not worthy (unless they also care about proper PvP modes). Personally sick of these trends.

      I know I mentioned that indie game before (Zeal) but that is a game I'd actually spend more than 1k on, just to support it, nothing else. It even had a kickstarter that was cancelled, but they had a goal of like 140k before character appearance customization would be implemented, which would make it unworthy to me if it's not in the game.

      If you really want to waste money then just buy crypto currencies. You may lose a lot of it, but you still have potential to win big and become retired for life. Spending on a piece of shit game... is a 100% loss for almost no return because the game is shit or your crap gets obsoleted before you can have fun with it. In fact I literally don't want to p2w on a gear-based crap because I don't want to support it (note that farming for the stuff is also supporting it, in a way, as you get to show them that their shitty slow progression is tolerable).
    • @Athena Pls at least make the santas drop more tokens if not the whole event will go to the trash can, it's boring just hitting 40 times a santa just to end up with 1 token when u kill it and u need at least 800+ to just get a nice reward.
      :elin33: :elin24:

      Edit: OMG! :elin38: after 36 hrs I finally found a chest !! Not that i was looking for it :elin15:

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Katherin ().

    • Next year the Santa event will be like: Kill 9999999 Santas to get a box that can be opened only with a key from the item shop.

      ^^
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )