Holiday grind event!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Holiday grind event!

Hey guys o/
      I did some grinding of the holiday event so here are some numbers:

Now to some basic math (with roughly 1,5 Tokens per minute and absolutely no breaks):
      If you want...
      ... a permanent non-dyeable costume it will take you 13 hours and 20 minutes of pure grinding
      ... a permanent dyeable costume it will take you 16 hours and 40 minutes of pure grinding
      ... a proper special hairstyle change it will take you 22 hours and 13 minutes of pure grinding
      ... a flower trail it will take you 8 hours and 52 minutes of pure grinding
      ... a 280 speed mount with hp/mp reg will take you 11 hours and 6 minutes of pure grinding.

You want a mount, costume and hairstyle change from this? You gotta grind 50 hours straight, no breaks across the twelve days time that we got, that's 4 hours and 10 minutes of pure grinding for the next four weekends if you want to get some decent loot out of this.

So, happy holidays and have fun running around killing miniature santas for hours on end to get a single reward! :elin40:

Edit: The total number of channels that one could hog to themselves to get this rate of Token-gain is 35. Remember: Bloody competition is perfectly within the spirit of christmas!
    • I wonder if those who programmed this event even tried to grind one item themselves.

Also I wonder what's the point of making events like this if you discourage players with such prices.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Yeah, both fat and tiny santa drops 1 token.
      Finding them is not as hard a thing to do, killing them is only slightly annoying, but nothing bad, however finding and killing hundreds or thousands of them?
      I mean, this is supposed to be somewhat of an event, ergo big time/reward ration if you commit to doing it, well let me tell you this is anything, but.
      DarKNovA on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk 453
      Darknovafer - Reaper 445
      Darknovael - Reaper 441
      Darknovasun - Slayer 448
      Darknovako - Warrior 444
      Darknovangel - Mystic 441
      Dark.Nova - Ninja 443
      Darknova - Brawler 442
      Darknovafist - Brawler 441
      Darknovapie - Sorceress 441
      Darknovamark - Archer 443
      Darknovasteel - Lancer 441
      Darknovalkyrie - Valkyrie 441

• What are U saying! It's totally worth it...Naa it's not 2 hours just to get 100 tokens, i want the nutcracker dyeable sooo, 30hrs to get 1.5K, that's it if I dont take any break hahaha I guess Wintera is my only chance to get slightly good things. :elin11:
    • Was looking forward to getting some face accessories and hair style change vouchers from this... guess not. Not only does it take too long to kill a santa, the fact that both small ones and big ones drop the same number of tokens is hilarious. What's even the point of having different ones if they have the same loot?

And making this event only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Really? Thanks for the "event" but I have other things to do on weekends other than kill these santas for 10 hours a day to get anything out of it. You know events are supposed to be fun and happy and rewarding. Not this boring and miserable drop rate where you have to farm day and night to get the cheapest costume.

Are you afraid of bots farming all the santas or something? I mean all the rewards are old tiny accessories or temporary costumes so it's not exactly a huge loss to the economy or your TT shop. Hell you don't even have these items in TT shop so why are you not letting us get them even during a what's supposed to be relaxing christmas event?
    • Katherin wrote:

What are U saying! It's totally worth it...Naa it's not 2 hours just to get 100 tokens, i want the nutcracker dyeable sooo, 30hrs to get 1.5K, that's it if I dont take any break hahaha I guess Wintera is my only chance to get slightly good things. :elin11:
      Wintera is love
      Wintera is life
      :elin39:
      DPS Tier-List
      Top-Tier: Archer/Gunner/Sorc
      Mid-Tier: Reaper/Warrior/Valkyrie/Ninja
      Low-Tier: Berserker/Slayer

Zerk tl;dr from Tobthekingx
    • What tomba said (basically what I said, just worded better).
      There are a lot going on in this game, and if you already spend time and effort to give us an event, I don't understand why make it into something that just doesn't rewar
      DarKNovA on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk 453
      Darknovafer - Reaper 445
      Darknovael - Reaper 441
      Darknovasun - Slayer 448
      Darknovako - Warrior 444
      Darknovangel - Mystic 441
      Dark.Nova - Ninja 443
      Darknova - Brawler 442
      Darknovafist - Brawler 441
      Darknovapie - Sorceress 441
      Darknovamark - Archer 443
      Darknovasteel - Lancer 441
      Darknovalkyrie - Valkyrie 441

• I still didnt even touch anything, not even the battleground and i dont plan to, anyways. As a more serious player, basically 99,9% of the rewards just dont appeal to me. And as you say, i cant grind so much for a mount (that is nothing special btw). I said it before, Tera is one of the mmorpgs with the worst event rewards ive ever seen, and it keeps proving this point all the time.

And i guess the devs forgot again that many people have lifes outside this game. But i understand, people who dont have lifes outside the game are the ones wasting insane time playing and throwing away big chunks of money. Sadly most mmorpgs are focused on those players, not the other ones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miriad ().