Tera randomly freezes, only goes away when pressing alt+ctrl+del and switching between desktop and game

• Tera randomly freezes, only goes away when pressing alt+ctrl+del and switching between desktop and game

Hi, I have a new PC and OCed it right away, I think my OC are safe, I still lowered them a bit further. Are my OCs the problem or why does the game just randomly freeze?
      Also it does happen anywhere and everywhere, even at not demanding spots and "only" every 30-90min.

My specs are GTX 1060 6gb, Ryzen 5 2600, 16gb of 2933MhZ RAM on MSI Mortar Board.

Looking forward to your help.
    • Hey,

I moved the thread into a more appropriate section.

Is the game completely freezing and crashing for you or does it just freeze for a few seconds?

:elin21:
      "The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."
    • New

Heya,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

I personally never had any problems with TERA freezing.

But from looking through old threads i found some which had the same problem.
      board.tera.gameforge.com/index…freeze-randomly-pls-help/

Sadly he didn't actually reply again how he fixed it, so let us ping him :elin23:
      @Momojunketsu Any idea how you fixed your TERA freezes?

:elin31:
      "The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."
    • New

There is a difference between Momosjunketsu's problem and our's. We get the freeze random while tabbing out and in the game back, not while fighting a boss or something like that. And restarting the game after the freezeproblem gives a freeze too. I have to restart my PC after this to get it away till the next random freeze comes back.
    • New

@Darkhazes did u use gamebooster? or something like that? try lowering the preset to 1 and play until it freeze again, if not freeze then it's the graphics. (pretty rare, Tera dont need High specs)
      Make sure Tera isn't going out of memory or if it's using too much cpu, make sure there aren't apps that can mess with the game. (Like photoshop or other apps that are too high spec even in the background)
      If the game freeze, close it and make sure isn't running in the task manager.
      Test it with the compatibility manager, if u are using Win10, test tera with Win8 or Win7.
      Are u running Tera in administrator mode? (sorry if sounds too "classic")

There are a lot of thing that can cause a problem with a game, even a driver or a config can make a mess.
      Let me know if this works or not.
      :elin39:
    • New

@Darkhazes

Can I ask you which Keyboard you are using?

We we're talking about a problem like this a few weeks back: board.tera.gameforge.com/index…reezing-on-lauch-alt-tab/
    • New

Dear @feodora dear @Naomasa dear all

i tried so many things to fixed that problem.
      The only thing i know now about fixing my 'Tera' was get the right NVIDIA-Setting for increasing the FPS during playing Tera Maybe you could try that?. And dont use Wifi to play, that should help also.

You can search the right NVIDIA-setting on the Internet.

~~~~~ Kamuijunketsu - Warrior ~~~~~
      ~~~~ Kamuisenketsu - Mystic ~~~~
      ~~ Momosenketsu - Sorcerer ~~
      ~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

Profile pictures inspired by Tales of Zestria