Item Shop Downgrade

    • The point is badass costumes don't sell very well ... otherwise they would be plenty of them. This is an asia RPG and we both know what asians like. And BHS don't care for feedback oitside of Korea (they even don't care what ktera players says).
    • It has become common that the temporary deals with some outfits in the shop are demands from users, after they have been consistent or others wish them aswell. As some mentioned, it seems to be a half though-out situation they are in with the removal of core items.
      Many of us have good solutions to improve the shop.. not just for the users, but for the company too.
      With the "shady" handling with the transparency of nearly everything (except you are a friend of a staff member), its difficult to give repeating constructive criticism after so many ignored suggestions.
      I personally am not a fan of all of this, but i dont care anymore to be honest. They should do what they think is right.

      Du suchst eine Gilde mit Zusammenhalt PvP und PvE, sowie ein respektvolles Miteinander?
      Bewirb dich bei Amatsukami
    • Kaikanken wrote:

      Many people(me included) don't spend money on costumes very often, because usually there's nothing worth spending money on,due to the shop being filled with elin costumes, bikinis and corsets.
      I also said that such stuff shouldn't be part of a combat game to begin with,but should be used in a barbie simulator for horny boys,which is where it belongs.
      Still,I wouldn't mind if at least even the part of the community that has the same point of view on this matter as I do was given something cool (the way it is now, if you like corsets and elins , you can choose between 300 items ; if you like badass armors and stuff that looks like it would actually make sense in a combat environment, you have 30 at most).
      Well, some people think RPG comes from "repetitive player grinding" or something along those lines. So they ruined a great genre.

      I personally find something much worse than corsets or bikinis: the silly crap (usually for elins) like the animal costumes.

      At least you can use corsets/bikinis "casually" when not in combat, it fits a bit, unlike that kindergarten trash.

      Also, female characters have it much worse, as even most "badass costumes" have stupid revealing parts (skin) where there should be armor and looks retarded af. 30 badass items to choose from on a male char? Try 3 on female.
    • xLightz wrote:

      Miriad wrote:

      They probably removed em because it was too much work to maintain those costumes, or because they had low sales, so removing em they eliminate the "effort" needed to maintain em
      What exactly do you need to "maintain" about a shop item? It's literally nothing more than a list entry on a server, nothing changes, ever...
      Exactly. Thats my point. But if you remove those costumes, then you remove something else from somewhrere else.. etc, in the end, the point is to make less efforts as possible. This happens in almost every single mmorpg company. You are not going to find a reasonable explanation for why they remove em. Or why they do other insignificant things. Welcome to the world of mmorpgs.
    • Kaikanken wrote:

      Being completely honest, I'd be happy if those costumes were gone for good…

      Never too late to turn the game from a barbie simulator online for horny boys to an actual badass combat game.

      You wanna see butts and boobs jiggling ? Pretty sure there are plenty of other sources for that kind of stuff on the internet…(not saying I've never watched that kind of stuff...just saying that when I log-in on Tera,it's because I wanna slay some monsters; when I wanna see boobs, I go elsewhere).

      Add serious and cool combat suits and armors to the shop..we're not koreans,so stop trying to turn us into them (kinda sad about how many people already have been ).

      Dude, completely agree with you 200%.

      We all know that this game is focused on childish players and ridiculous looks everywhere you go, but many of us always wanted a more serious approach to this game. And unfortunately update after update is happening pretty the opposite to the point that someday, well, the game will not be enjoyable for many people like us. Like you i really dont care those costumes gone, but i care about why they do that. Because ive seen it everywhere in every single mmorpg you look at. And its not a good thing.

      As you say we are not koreans for god sake. But sadly i think that boat sailed ages ago. The major percentaje of people (probably kids all of em or pedofiles) seem to love elins to the point of even throwing away thousands of dollars on costumes lol. .i mean, i know its ridiculous (and i will never ever want to be "friend" of those kind of people lol) but it is what it is and this game is driven by that, unfortunately.

      Its so hard to find serious mmorpgs nowadays, and sadly Tera is becoming another joke update after update. Instead of focusing on fixing or improving things (serioulsy whats with the UI, its a complete mess and they dont seem to even care... sigh) and in a more serious approach, they keep only focusing on new elin costumes, new senanigans here and there, completely useless events with pointless useless rewards, and in the end, everything except what is really important lol. Classic. But as long as people keep throwing away money for almost nothing, well, things will evolve to worst.
    • Miriad wrote:

      As you say we are not koreans for god sake. But sadly i think that boat sailed ages ago. The major percentaje of people (probably kids all of em or pedofiles) seem to love elins to the point of even throwing away thousands of dollars on costumes lol. .i mean, i know its ridiculous (and i will never ever want to be "friend" of those kind of people lol) but it is what it is and this game is driven by that, unfortunately.
      Could you avoid addressing people with such remarks?
      Mind that if Tera is still alive is because people are still throwing money at it, you wouldn't have Tera today without those people.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • The real problem we have after the removal of all those swimwear, it is that now there are only 2 costumes avaiable in the shop (Beachwear and Deluxe Beachwear) which support the holy item "Shape Changer: Chest", because for some inexplicable reason this holy item doesn't work with all the others one.
      Guild Master of "Missing Texture" on Killian ^^.

      Self-proclamed King of the Fishermen >(°O°)<

    • Well aside of that, the removing of items is a Slippery Slope for me, today they remove one item, tomorrow another one, in X amount of time almost no costumes will be left in direct purchase and everything will be behind some stupid RNG box.

      It's fun that players have been asking Gameforge to add more costumes in direct purchase (and permanent, not some temporary promotions), and Gameforge is now doing the opposite, if that's not a middle finger towards the players I don't known what it is.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

      The post was edited 1 time, last by senita456 ().

    • Kaikanken wrote:

      I suspect Senita doesn't know how many people(me included) would've spent money on serious badass costumes , but they simply didn't have a chance to,since all they could find in the shop were bikinis or corsets.
      That's the same reason you'll never get an Aman-race-locked class: The guys that buy such costumes are considered the minority, so it just ain't worth it to even design those.
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 456 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian


      Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

      Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • Hello everyone,

      The removal of some items in the shop is something that was announced with the Black friday sales news.

      However, if there are some items you'd like to see back, do not hesitate to let us know. I cannot promise that they will be back but I will submit the idea to our team!
      Product Community Manager
      Tera Europe @_athena_gf
    • New

      That's the result of 1 month long investigation. The time needed for the forwarded suggestion to receive some kind of result is 3 months

      If the truth hurts you so much you better do something to fix it instead of deleting posts (both from players and "staff" OMEGALUL as if mods are considered staff by you)
    • New

      The Pitchgod wrote:

      That's the result of 1 month long investigation. The time needed for the forwarded suggestion to receive some kind of result is 3 months

      If the truth hurts you so much you better do something to fix it instead of deleting posts (both from players and "staff" OMEGALUL as if mods are considered staff by you)

      Not even that actually, Athena just copy / pasted what Shiro already said back in December 4th ->

      Shiro wrote:

      en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/huge-clearance-sale



      Plus every few hours you can find extra juicy deals on certain items before they disappear from the shop for the foreseeable future.
      They announced the removal of these costumes in the news post above but I will forward this thread. :elin2:
      Greetings,
      Shiro

      I would like to know why this, I don't care if they announced it or not, I want to know why removing costumes from the shop, especially the santa costumes a few weeks before Xmas, Image a store selling Santa costumes all year(for the past 3-4 years) then stops selling them on November...what / who in the world makes those decisions.... and most of all WHY?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • New

      Moler wrote:

      Atmorph realized he made a mistake in giving those items for "so cheap" so he changed it?

      :lol:
      From "cheap" to "No you can't buy those at all even if you wanted to deal with RNG boxes" ?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • New

      Someone just wants the community to suffer. :thumbup:
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 456 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian


      Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

      Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget