Item Shop Downgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Item Shop Downgrade

I don't know if anyone noticed yet.

But some costumes which were in direct purchase in the shop for years have been removed have been silently removed.

These costumes were all in the swimsuit category and were different ones based on the race.

For example,here's a few costumes that were available for elf female:
      Scarlet/Midnight Bikini
      Dyeable Stripe Bikini
      Dyeable Monokini

For human female:
      White/Red Bandeau Swimsuit
      Dyeable Beach Bikini
      Dyeable Beach Bikini with Shirt

For elin:
      Pink/Blue/Pink Ruffled Swimsuit
      Rubber Duckie Swimsuit

Castanic had unique swimsuits too,but I don't remember any of the names.

Those costumes aren't available in packs or from any event any more as far as I know,they're simply gone.

Can anyone englight me why in the damn world would you limit purchasing options from your own customers? does this even make ANY sense?

It's like gameforge said:

"Oh,you want to give us money? too bad, we removed the items you were looking for,we don't want your money,screw you"

:dash:
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Just noticed yet another missing direct purchase costume that used to be there for years, the Santa costume / uniform, both for elins and non-elins races it's simply gone.

What a wonderful christmas this year! let's remove the santa costumes from the shop!

Thanks for the middle finger Gameforge.
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
    • Gameforge Employee #1:Hey John!,what could we do to the increase the amount of money players spend in our shop?

Gameforge Employee #2:I known! let's remove stuff! so players won't be buying those!

Gameforge Employee #1:Absolutely brilliant!
      Test Image ->
    • senita456 wrote:

Gameforge Employee #1:Hey John!,what could we do to the increase the amount of money players spend in our shop?

Gameforge Employee #2:I known! let's remove stuff! so players won't be buying those!

Gameforge Employee #1:Absolutely brilliant!
      Gameforge Employee #3 Lets do a mobile version from the tera-shop so you can shop everywhere.

Gameforge Employee #1+2: Absolutely brilliant!
    • en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/huge-clearance-sale

Plus every few hours you can find extra juicy deals on certain items before they disappear from the shop for the foreseeable future.
      They announced the removal of these costumes in the news post above but I will forward this thread. :elin2:

Greetings,
      Shiro
    • I may have interpret it wrong, but when I read

"Plus every few hours you can find extra juicy deals on certain items before they disappear from the shop for the foreseeable future"

I thought it was referring to the"deals", not the item themselves.

I have said already but I really want to stress this point: those costumes were available for years, making them disappear like this is such a waste for an already poor in-game shop, when was the last time that Gameforge put on direct-purchase costumes on the shop? not talking about the temporary deals like the one with the nurse costumes right now, I am talking of costumes put in the shop and actually stay there.

But instead of putting more stuff in the shop I see it taken away it's just...depressing.
      Test Image ->
    • Well, if you guys actually expressed your dissapointment NOT BUYING things, maybe and only maybe they will actually do thinks with common sense. But since you guys keep buying everything you can, well, dont expect never EVER to see something done with comon sense in the game. Sadly. They probably removed em because it was too much work to maintain those costumes, or because they had low sales, so removing em they eliminate the "effort" needed to maintain em. As simple as that. But again, its the first time i see in an mmorpg items removed just because, specialy when 80% of the game income are costumes and things like that lol. They will do whatever they want as long as they consider they still are gaining a lot of money with the rest of the items. Keep that in mind.
    • Miriad wrote:

They probably removed em because it was too much work to maintain those costumes, or because they had low sales, so removing em they eliminate the "effort" needed to maintain em
      What exactly do you need to "maintain" about a shop item? It's literally nothing more than a list entry on a server, nothing changes, ever...
    • Well people will miss some of these costume and then the add them in flash sale where you get costume + useless stuff you don't want just to increase their prices from 180ish to 300 - 400 TT just because they added "stuff"
    • Being completely honest, I'd be happy if those costumes were gone for good…

Never too late to turn the game from a barbie simulator online for horny boys to an actual badass combat game.

You wanna see butts and boobs jiggling ? Pretty sure there are plenty of other sources for that kind of stuff on the internet…(not saying I've never watched that kind of stuff...just saying that when I log-in on Tera,it's because I wanna slay some monsters; when I wanna see boobs, I go elsewhere).

Add serious and cool combat suits and armors to the shop..we're not koreans,so stop trying to turn us into them (kinda sad about how many people already have been ).
    • I suspect that Kaikanken doesn't know just how much these costumes helped Tera to survive until now, do you known how much real life money was thrown into Tera thanks to:

1)Elins
      2)^costumes
      3)More elins
      4)Also elves with swimsuits

Take away costumes and the only thing left to monetize Tera is p2w items or revert to a p2p model.
      Test Image ->
    • I suspect Senita doesn't know how many people(me included) would've spent money on serious badass costumes , but they simply didn't have a chance to,since all they could find in the shop were bikinis or corsets.
    • Kaikanken wrote:

I suspect Senita doesn't know how many people(me included) would've spent money on serious badass costumes , but they simply didn't have a chance to,since all they could find in the shop were bikinis or corsets.
      I wouldn't mind having more"badass costumes" either, especially if they don't come in some RNG box with 0,1% chance.
      Test Image ->
    • Kraxler wrote:

So by removing them increases the chance to add badass costumes .. are you serious
      ?(

Increase the CHANCE to add ? When did I even say something like that?

combat game=combat suits afaik (unless you think corsets are meant for combat)...Also,I did say this as a wish,something I'd like to see, not as something I'm actually asking to BhS or GF; what I could actually ask them would be having a bit more balance between corsets and armors,which doesn't seem like an unrealistic and totally selfish idea to me.

Many people(me included) don't spend money on costumes very often, because usually there's nothing worth spending money on,due to the shop being filled with elin costumes, bikinis and corsets.
      I also said that such stuff shouldn't be part of a combat game to begin with,but should be used in a barbie simulator for horny boys,which is where it belongs.
      Still,I wouldn't mind if at least even the part of the community that has the same point of view on this matter as I do was given something cool (the way it is now, if you like corsets and elins , you can choose between 300 items ; if you like badass armors and stuff that looks like it would actually make sense in a combat environment, you have 30 at most).