Proposed change for Gear Enchantment System

• Forwarded

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Old +15 was farm mats on whatever char, bank em and just craft the weapon for whatever char. I could grind my ass on lancer and make myself visionmaker weapons for my legendary slayer Cona, zerk priest or whatever I wanted to. I remember when they were planning to release this new gearing system it was sold as something like "we'll remove the RNG of +15 system and it will be easier to enchant, also XP system will reward players that play a lot and so will enchantment correction" my fuking ass. :lol:
      You could get the 4 pieces mid-tier runnig 1x of the 2 mid-tier dungeons and with +12 was good enough to play any content. Hell you didn't even need the VM+15 to play, +12 was fine too.

The game is so scarce in everything, mats are now unbankable ????, game just turned into grind grind grind nonsense. You don't get to upgrade shit cause the chance is so low its ridiculous. It ain't fun anymore. A try from SC+9 to HO+0 costs maybe the same as 10 tries in the old +15 system. I took 80 fuking runs on AAHM to get my weapon to SC+9 to HO and to see a single Infinity Mask.

@Atmorph I know you a good guy and you don't want the game to die, but it will if you don't keep doing stuff by yourself, cause BHS is garbage and so is Tera right now. Keep the game alive.

@Athena raise pat pat salary, this game would be long dead without him.

Suggest to these fuking korean nerds to either rethink the whole gear progession system or Tera will not be played anywhere in the west in a year.

:elin9: :elin9:

btw The message contains censored words: fuking (3×). the hell is this bullshit ???
    • I can't agree more with the OP. I come across myself quite often where other people would 1 or 2 shot their gear and then for example me or other people that keep on failing and going all the way up to 15+ tries to do an upgrade. Now not to mention the cost we got as well to enchant this gear. Cost wouldn't be so much of a problem if we would have a decent enchanting correction and the correction given in the first post would be a good example already

'
      20% base +1%, +2%, +3%, +5%, +8%, +13%, +21% +34% (this means after 8 fails you are over 100%)

or like this:
      20% base +0.25% +0.5% +1% +2% +4% +8% +16% +32% +64% ( this means after 9 fails you are over 100%)'

Anyway there are a lot more of better solutions given in this topic and I hope Gameforge will actually look at this and try to take things in their own hands or perhaps forward this as well that this is simply not acceptable here in EU. It's just what Assa said earlier as well, it has become one big grind and its just insane at the moment.
      ๖ۣۜFaith - 65 Lancer
      ๖ۣۜAlexstrazia - 65 Brawler
      ๖ۣۜValithra - 65 Sorc
    • The problem with the game is that it isn't "fun" anymore. I mean I'm not supposed to get stressed playing the game. Now it's a nightmare for everyone: new people will get hard to catch up with old ones and old ones will stop playing because this shit rng and costly enchantement system. The game system needs to be reworked dungeons doesnt drop plenty of useful items everyone is speaking abt silver and golden plate because obtaining it from only crafting is a shit idea same goes for gemd but atleast we have guardian missions for that. And for the enchantement system I guess if they don't want to increase the chance they can atleast lower the cost after a certain number of fails because at this point i'm fed up of running the same dungeon again and again because I didn't have the chance to one shot my stuff. The dungeons are not hard the system is just annoying and it pushes people to quit the game. Save the game ffs
    • Genjutsu wrote:

The problem with the game is that it isn't "fun" anymore. I mean I'm not supposed to get stressed playing the game. Now it's a nightmare for everyone: new people will get hard to catch up with old ones and old ones will stop playing because this shit rng and costly enchantement system. The game system needs to be reworked dungeons doesnt drop plenty of useful items everyone is speaking abt silver and golden plate because obtaining it from only crafting is a shit idea same goes for gemd but atleast we have guardian missions for that. And for the enchantement system I guess if they don't want to increase the chance they can atleast lower the cost after a certain number of fails because at this point i'm fed up of running the same dungeon again and again because I didn't have the chance to one shot my stuff. The dungeons are not hard the system is just annoying and it pushes people to quit the game. Save the game ffs
      Not to forget you pretty much have to farm guardians every day on multiple characters if you want gems or gold.
    • Bargg wrote:

Not to forget you pretty much have to farm guardians every day on multiple characters if you want gems or gold.
      Not entirely true. 2 runs of both GLSNM and DRCHM will net you 14k from raw vg rewards alone, plus other resources, gems included, from drops and amplifier crates (because good luck getting an amp from these). Then there's DRCNM, RRHM and AAN, all of which are easy as pie and also reward decent loot given the amount of time invested.
      I'm in no way defending the utter BS that the current enchanting sysem is (currently sitting at 9 failed upgrades to HO), but getting gold is not as devilishly difficult as you make it seem to be.
    • We are not speaking about the gold here it's about materials and especially golden and silver plates( because talents... Well u need to craft em 2 times to get what you want) and diamonds and their drop rate compared to what you need to enchant with. It cost a lot of time and ressources to upgrade the stuff. So they need to think about a solution either to make them more obtainable in game or to lowet the cost of the stuff after failing or just give us more chance per fail
    • May be an unpopular opinion but I like the system.
      The fact that some people were shown able to do 20- 30 tries already -although failed- does not confirm a scarcity of the materials.
      Remember that the patch is relatively new and that +3 will be the cap for quite a long time.

In my opinion an exponential increase of the success rate is over the top, a linear one or slight cost reduction per failed attempt might already do the trick.
      e.g. +2%, +3%, +4%, +5% and so on
      or -10% (of the previous attempts) cost reduction for each material
      e.g. on tobtheking2's case -33 golden plates (297), -8 silver plates (75), - 4500 gold, and so on. Then again -10% after the next fail (-30 golden plates, -7 silver plates, -4000 gold)

I would also not disagree with a "failsafe" option but that would be hard to balance out, 10 times the cost for a try? Not sure..
    • I didn't efven want to encahnt any further. Upgrading fro SC +9 to HO was cancerous enough

Weapon 46%
      Boots somewhere in 40% too
      Gloves oneshot (wait wat)
      And Chest almost 40% too.

Didn't even enchanted my jewelery so far. It's pointless. I rather take random stats instead of cooseable stat but cost higher than the sky ... Atleast a semi perfect ring with 4 power + rng bullshit stat had less impact than millions of gold just for +1 power upgrade (also new etching is needed)