Proposed change for Gear Enchantment System

• Forwarded

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Team, what a great patch isn't it...

Still Full +0, Weapon gonna smash +40% soon.
      Still old Mask.
      Amp2 nowhere to be seen.
      Brooch etchings... NICE MEME.

What is that joke guys ?
      Let's put aside Mask / Amp / Brooch etching issue aside for now since it's another topic.

But wtf is wrong with this enchant ?
      Like, let's start with Jewels :
      I used on average 8 Atempts per jewels to upgrade them, with 1 jewels going at 48% (so 14 Fail + 1 Success)... That's about 5M Gold spent, just to upgrade your goddamn jewels...

Now about gear, as shown above, I've soon 70 clears of grotto HM, even mass farming the double loot event atm with x6 runs everyday, and what ? Still full +0... Lost about 3M Gold on my disc, and still +0... ahAH.
      Meanwhile I saw players with 10 GLSHM clears and +1. Or 1st try +1, 1st try +2 not even full XP...

As said on previous posts this is ridiculous, and it need to be changed ASAP.
      The main issue is : We are NOT Koreans, I don't exactly know how Koreans enjoy their game but as far as I can tell, they always involve in mass RNG and mass gambling.
      But we are Europeans, and we do NOT enjoy such extreme RNG. And guess what! people play game to have FUN, and enjoy their time. So what happened if you bring them not enjoyable systems such as current gearing ? Well, they quit, and your game die. And I'm pretty sur that's not what you want either as a Publisher.

But what to do ? well here is fiew changes that would be pretty nice for us, without being "ezfarm/broken" either.

The Best (imo) :
      For every SC / HO Enchants and HO upgrades (both Gear and jewels) : INCREASE enchant/upgrades costs x3
      And at the same time : Full XP = 100% Chance.
      But do NOT change how XP work (like, DONT make XP harder to farm, nor give higher max XP on gears), else it would be unbalanced between mat gathering time and XP farming time. It would also kill the point of increasing costs. Just leave it as it

Another good idea :
      Leave enchant cost as it is.
      Change the correction per fail to work like this : Each fail you gain the XP Base% Correction.
      Exemple : I have 14.56% Chance (from Base+XP), If I fail I'll be at 14.56x2 (29.12). If you are doing HO+1 Full XP try for exemple then it would go : 20% > 40% > 60% > 80% > 100%.

So, yes I know such things need to be forwarded to BHS, and GF itself cannot do much about it by themself. But we also saw how you guys managed to finaly bring Talent (EP) system and some other changes ingame, so i'm sur you can do this as well.
      It's also the reason why I think those 2 ideas are pretty good, because they are easy to implement for BHS (it's literaly changing fiew already existing values), meanwhile Exponential correction per fail would require way more work on BHS side, and that mean less chance to be done, and also more chance for bugs (cuz you know... BHS LUL).

So yeah, that's all for me, cu ingame guys and HF getting scamed daily :)

Ps : Please add Amp2/Mask/Brooch etching as extra regional loots on GLSH last boss with drop chance : 25% Amp2 / 15% Brooch Etching (Tier 3/4 pls) / 15% Mask
      Or for the mask : change Mask Shop value to be 1 Token for the stone and 2 Token for the masks
      Same for the Amp Shop : 2 Token for Amp1 and 8 for Amp2

@Jixxy : Hotfix from BHS can be done and pushed ingame (on EU/NA) within 1 or 2 weeks. that's usualy what happen when there is a serious bug find out.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aparia ().

• Quick math with my excel spreadsheet. The cost are totaly ridiculous.

0-2 Weapon

If u calculate the cost its "normal" to pay up to ~ 6m for a +2 weapon and around 16% will pay more then that. And that without pay for the supreme metal....

I gues there nothing to say more...
    • After strormcry with normal luck u have the cost of full strormcry +9 for each enchant.
      This is not hilarious to me but something even worst.
      It seems they really dont know what they are doing or have a plan about the enchanting system above stormcry.

Unless the gold u can make per day is ALOT MORE in Ktera which i doubt it,,,,,,,,,, sad to say but these are my thoughts about it.

Not to mention they introduce Heroic without cutting the cost of stormcry at all . So all new players good luck with that.
      :love: MAKE SERVER TRANSFER VOUCHER TRADEABLE............ :love:

The post was edited 3 times, last by john4iri ().

• This will most likely (Bluehole is lazy as fk) take a long time so could we at least get a perma triple loot event until they finally do something? cuz this patch is a fking joke srsly, either p2w your gear or pray to rngesus that you won't fail 10 times like a LOT of people here

(just wanted to suggest something thats easily do-able for gameforge without much effort ;-;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by tobtheking2 ().

• Tom12 wrote:

With the best gear in the game, you have to work hard to get it. And here again I see the topic I want to have everything as good as possible, as cheaply as possible, without any effort.
      "Without effort", lol, some of you are amazing. Maybe we should sell our houses to be able to enchant 1 level. That will be enough effort for you? :P or, dont tell me , you are one of those money whales? we understand that upgrading and enchanting is the only thing left in end-game, sadly, but a whole year to enchant probably two or three levels, as it seems its gonna be? thats normal for you? i guess it is.
    • @tobtheking2 Perma Triple loot is indeed a good idea, but that wont even fix the problem.
      Because there is still the problem of Raw Gold + Gems + Golden/Silver Plates you need to throw everytime.
      It's not the Diamond sometimes droping x1 for full party that will fix that xD

A good temporary solution would be :

Double Loots in 453+ Dungeons.

Increase VGs loots, like :
      Triple raw gold from VGs.
      Change the 13 Rubby for 4 Emeralds, that would be MUCH MORE usefull, because who the hell need Rubby... and 13? LUL pls...
      (I'm pretty sur GF is allowed to edit VG rewards since NA did it iirc)

Amp1/2 Boxes :
      Make it drop Plates instead of Talents, like current ~45 Golden Talent into 30 Golden Plate, And current ~45 Silvent Talent into 30 Silver Plate.
      For Amp1 Boxes : Change the 13-15 Rubby drop for 4 Emeralds.
      For Amp2 Boxes : Change the 14-17 Rubby drop for 1 Diamond.
      Also, increase Amp 2 Drop chance in them ? Because it's called Amp Crates, and it drop everything aside Amps... 12/10
      And if GF is not allowed to Edit Amp Crate loot (which might be the case), then just remove said box from VG loots and create another box (like you do with EM events) and put it instead.

I think if they do that (triple loot asked by tob might be too much tbh, mats drop with current x2 event is pretty good), it would be much more bearable until BHS bring a real solution for this joke.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Aparia ().

• Jixxy wrote:

Think permanent 3x loot will be the best and easiest solution...
      ...which doesn't even begin to fix the problem, that is.
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 455 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 444 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • The thing is with apex system u were not forced to do this since +12 was enough for every dungeon. But now you need to reach atleas HO to even have a chance in the upcomming bahaar temple.

I already said in my other thread that we will reach a point where top player don't have enough people for dungeon because almost everybody can't catch up. Didn't BHS said in the past they don't want so many dungeon to split the community? They do this right now. I know someone who startet again and enchanting twistshard is hell because no one is willing to run this content because most people stuck at 439/446 dungeons.

It was the biggest mistake from BHS to use gems as enchantment materials. And you need to craft stuff to enchant? I mean we are already limited because entries and now we are even more limited because crafting points.
    • Jixxy wrote:

Another solution:
      Reduce Supreme Metall costs at vendor from 1600 to 160 and make every diamond drop party loot (1 diamond for each grp member)
      Good suggestion, although it tackles the problem only indirectly and still doesn't solve the issue with the lack of Silver Talents/Plates and the overemphasis on RNG and crafting (as was briefly mentioned before) during the enchanting process.

If this were to be implemented, you need at least a better way of obtaining Silver plates (about time we get boxes for those in the Elleon's Token shop?).
      Assazina - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."
    • @Assazinchen see my last post for that :

Aparia wrote:

@tobtheking2 Perma Triple loot is indeed a good idea, but that wont even fix the problem.
      Because there is still the problem of Raw Gold + Gems + Golden/Silver Plates you need to throw everytime.
      It's not the Diamond sometimes droping x1 for full party that will fix that xD

A good temporary solution would be :

Double Loots in 453+ Dungeons.

Increase VGs loots, like :
      Triple raw gold from VGs.
      Change the 13 Rubby for 4 Emeralds, that would be MUCH MORE usefull, because who the hell need Rubby... and 13? LUL pls...
      (I'm pretty sur GF is allowed to edit VG rewards since NA did it iirc)

Amp1/2 Boxes :
      Make it drop Plates instead of Talents, like current ~45 Golden Talent into 30 Golden Plate, And current ~45 Silvent Talent into 30 Silver Plate.
      For Amp1 Boxes : Change the 13-15 Rubby drop for 4 Emeralds.
      For Amp2 Boxes : Change the 14-17 Rubby drop for 1 Diamond.
      Also, increase Amp 2 Drop chance in them ? Because it's called Amp Crates, and it drop everything aside Amps... 12/10
      And if GF is not allowed to Edit Amp Crate loot (which might be the case), then just remove said box from VG loots and create another box (like you do with EM events) and put it instead.

I think if they do that (triple loot asked by tob might be too much tbh, mats drop with current x2 event is pretty good), it would be much more bearable until BHS bring a real solution for this joke.

@Hotasduck Tbh ducky, what you just said is currently the most efficent and less scamy way to farm and gear up :^), but that also kill a good point of playing Tera which is : Playing the game.
    • I guess silver talents will drop soon.
      We got the new patch for a couple of weeks now and everyone is trying to upgrade the gear.
      It might be hard but, the more people finish this process, the more talents will be in the auction house, means prices get lower.
      It only went skyrocket because everyone started to enchant at the same time.
      I personally finished juwelery and got full +1. Now the time period it takes for me to get one try for +2 is way bigger than for +1 because of supreme metals and other stuff (GLS HM).
      Thats why I think, supreme metalls lowered and diamonds partyloot could be enough.

• Well, I did not play this summer so I'm behind with gearing, but I'm already with 10+ tries on each piece just tryin to upgrade to HO and I can't imagine what will come after, considering how I see my friends that play much more complaining. There needs to be a better source of siler talents. GLSHM should drop gold/silv plates like in REE.

Biggest issue is the lack of emes and dias, the fact we just get few rubies from vanguard is a joke. Diamonds should be a group loot.

I really preferred +15 times. Playing alts nowadays is just a punishment, the amount of unbankable mats is growing.
      With HO, why didn't FM and SC get altered to be easier to get? Why do we need +7 SC to have ilvl for a 3-STAR dungeon..? Just because it drops veils doesn't give it much sense anyway.
      Please do something.