New UI SUX

• Here are the list of changes most of you mentioned :
      • The party debuff icon is displayed in the same row than buffs.
      • You don't have the crossed swords icon telling you or your party member are in combat.
      • You don't see people's roll numbers in party/raid UI
      • Pet hunger bar has begone
      • Mini map can not be locked or resized (should be fixed soon normally)
      • When you perform a "perfect block" the UI is larger than before and is cut so you can read "Perfect block suc" (lol ?)
      • You don't see what you pick up, you just have "grab" with the hand icon (not a big issue tbh).
      I will add some changes you guys forgot to post :
      • You can now add new tabs in the chat window, reposition them, but their order position will be reset if you log off.
      • Achievements are displayed among loots. (Sometimes you don't even notice you unlocked one)
      • There is no way to know party members HP/MP in numbers (neither in %).
      • Whispers are displayed in tiny at the bottom of your screen.
      • They removed the SFX sound when you progress a quest until the quest is completely progressed (Flying missing 100 orbs quest for example).
      • The awakening icon has been removed on you and party members.
      • Raid UI position is always reset to the top left.
      • If you click on the gear icon and you choose to "simplify party buffs" it will be simplified in the 3 categories but will reset if you log off.
      • You don't see the timer in real time for weekends "PC café accumulated hours" except by opening the window.
      • When someone is locking a skill on you, you have the tiny message at the bottom, sometimes you don't even notice it
      Last but not least, there is still no "inspect" option when you click on someone's nickname, you still have to type "/inspect [nickname]" :elin15:

The post was edited 10 times, last by Lumila ().

• Lumila wrote:

• If you click on the gear icon and you choose to "simplify party buffs" it will be simplified in the 3 categories but will reset if you log off.

What I found most annoying about that is that there doesn't seem to be a way to only simplify down to buffs, as in the way it was before. As it currently stands, I can either have half my screen covered by icons or forfeit knowing what kind of buffs my party has/does not have. You might be thinking "well, just rebuff off cd/when ressing and it'll all be good" but sometimes you have 2 healers in the party. Knowing when the other healer's buff is about to expire so you can recast it would be lovely. It also matters for positioning or preparation for a mechanic, knowing who got a shield and who didn't matters.
      Or maybe it's just that I've had to make the party icons max size to see the sliver of mana that results in icons spread across my screen and giving the impression it's showing way more than needed.
      PS: Mobs still have a random assortment of "not active" debuffs on them. I'd guess it's showing all the possible debuffs they can get, greyed out when not active. But, like, why though?
    • @Ijsbreker: If you have great understanding how things work you should deactivate all party/raid related UI in the .ini file (this disables party member names, buffs, debuffs and MP amount of other players).
      It is much better that way since you increase your FPS, also the screen is emptier which is better. Huge help especially in battlegrounds.

I disabled party/raid UI years ago.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

@Ijsbreker: If you have great understanding how things work you should deactivate all party/raid related UI in the .ini file (this disables party member names, buffs, debuffs and MP amount of other players).
      It is much better that way since you increase your FPS, also the screen is emptier which is better. Huge help especially in battlegrounds.

I disabled party/raid UI years ago.
      I'm not sure how you read "My party UI is massive because I need to monitor their mana and the bar is tiny" and decided that disabling the whole thing would solve my problem. Walk me through the logic of advising someone who doesn't receive enough information from the UI to just remove the UI entirely.
    • What pisses me off the most is the impossibility of hiding UI elements while in combat. We had that option before the ui "upgrade". What the heck? something so important but nobody seems concerned about it. I guess everybody loves to play with tons of ui elements in the screen, even in dungeons... then dont complain that you can barely see your teamembers bars...... lol.
    • Surprised people are not mentioning how laggy this new UI is in Mass PvP. Fps drops horribly towards 5 to 10 FPS in both CS/CU and such

I like the UI myself, but there is terrible lag now in mass fights with this UI. Haven't had this problem before in mass fights
      ๖ۣۜFaith - 65 Lancer
      ๖ۣۜAlexstrazia - 65 Brawler
      ๖ۣۜValithra - 65 Sorc
    • Xtortion wrote:

Surprised people are not mentioning how laggy this new UI is in Mass PvP. Fps drops horribly towards 5 to 10 FPS in both CS/CU and such

I like the UI myself, but there is terrible lag now in mass fights with this UI. Haven't had this problem before in mass fights
      And the game is going back to square one. Back in beta there was a classic drawn UI that didnt lag. Then they made the scaleform one, which cut the framerate by almost 80% in 2011-2012. They touched it here and there so it was a lesser hog than before. And now we've gone full circle. Not entirely unexpected. Vulpem pilum mutare, non mores.
      Don't argue with the walls...
      Lv.65 Slayer/Lancer/Berserker/Reaper
    • Xtortion wrote:

Surprised people are not mentioning how laggy this new UI is in Mass PvP. Fps drops horribly towards 5 to 10 FPS in both CS/CU and such

Thats because pvp is terribly bad no matter what lol. Only a pack of people play it, so yes its pretty normal that people are not mentioning that. PVP has been alwasy laggy as hell, not just after the patch. Laggy and badly performance (fps lag and connection lag are two different things).

For me, pve has improved talking about performance, maybe 0,001%. But definitely it didnt make it worst in this matter.

And, well its pretty normal that you feel more lag than before, because now you CANT hide ui elements while in combat like you were able before the patch. This is an important thing, but nobody seems to care, so.
    • Eliannah wrote:

So, according to you "0,001%" is an improvement. Alrighty.
      It was a way of speaking, meaning that the improvement is really small. Or maybe now winter is coming and my videocard is freely to rise fps without overheating... :p in any case, doesnt matter much. Things are bad.
    • Ever noticed the warrior's edge to be lagging behind? The new square one and the old round one. Sometimes it is even stuck at value X until you hit the next enemy.
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • LeviathanX wrote:

Ever noticed the warrior's edge to be lagging behind? The new square one and the old round one. Sometimes it is even stuck at value X until you hit the next enemy.
      I did notice something weird in that matter. But im almost new using a warrior and i really dont know exactly how the edge mechanics works.

I dont know if it should be reset if you dont crit in the next seconds i just noticed that if my rage is all full when i kill a monster, and i try to kill another one, it will suddenly go to zero lol. I always think "nice, now i can use it to kill another monster fast", well, nop. I need to fill the rage meter again.
    • Miriad wrote:

I did notice something weird in that matter. But im almost new using a warrior and i really dont know exactly how the edge mechanics works.
      I dont know if it should be reset if you dont crit in the next seconds i just noticed that if my rage is all full when i kill a monster, and i try to kill another one, it will suddenly go to zero lol. I always think "nice, now i can use it to kill another monster "fast", well, nop. I need to fill the rage meter again.
      and that is the "lag" i am talking about... it should reset almost instantly; i.e. just a couple seconds after the last hit.
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)