New UI SUX

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Another small thing I noticed about this majestic new UI is that it doesn't save preferences regarding showing your own Hp / Mp as % instead as clear numbers.

      In the old UI, if you clicked in the Hp / Mp bar, it will show the values as either numbers (for example 33408 / 33408), or % (like 90%), and the thing was... it actually remembered your preferences.

      Now every time you log in your Hp /Mp is displayed as % and if you prefer plain numbers instead, you have to click on it every single frigging time.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Meh, Borsuc was faster than me on that one.

      Besides that, only things you're showing are me calling out proxy users and / or making fun of them. I don't really see where is the problem about that, there is a large amount of people who are sick and tired of these proxy users running freely on our game, ruinning the gaming experience of others. One would think you're defending proxy users by calling me out like that.

      As for the rest, it's problems that have been encountered by a large amount of people, for example when i made the "Years later, still the same issue" thread, which was about a problem with the launcher that would prevent a bunch of players (including me) to access to the game. And yes, i think it's laughable to still encounter such issues years later. Especially since the said issue magically got solved out of nowhere, without any notice about it.

      The other things being about me telling the PvE queens to pipe down a tad especially on PVP related threads, I mean even Shiro stated that it was a PvP oriented thread, so I really don't see where is the problem about me saying such stuff.

      Yes my messages have been moderated, because I may have say a couple of "offensive" things. I'm not gonna deny it, but then again if some people can't handle some internet shit chat... Good luck in real life, that's all I have to say.

      Nice work on the SJW speech man, thank you for proving my point by the same way. What a superhero you are, doing researches and writing a pile of non sense to prevent people from read the stuff the "bad guy" has to say. Comedy gold.
      ">
    • Hey Guys,

      please refrain from insulting each other.

      Different strokes for different folks.

      :elin21:
      "The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."
    • I am all fine with people liking the new UI, you like it? cool.

      ...but it still remains that the majority of the users, at least from this thread, seems against the new UI.

      ...not like I expect for this thread to make any difference anyway, still if someone *cough* have a mod *cough* to bring the old UI back *cough* would be cool.
      :elin25: <- I did catch a cold lately.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Another new great feature:

      In Kumas Royale (I know, best pvp bg in this game*) there is no more visible bosses HP bars like it used to be. Basically the party needs to coop (aka your mama player says his/her %, while other raid members mention enemy mama's %) to see who is winning. I guess you can sum the total damage to see which side is winning but stuff gets slightly complicated when round 2 or 3 starts...

      Or I'm (and plenty other players that during matches noticed this) just beyond dumb&blind and didn't notice a toggle or option to turn those bars on :pinch:

      * after 20 lvl this place is like the best leveling place when you level up 12345 alt, so don't judge me :/
    • Yes i made a post about kumas royale right the day of the patch. Its old news already. Before the patch kumas royale was a waste of time, or probably only useful for XP, now, nobody plays it. Of course. Or if they do, and they lost the first round, they are not willing to try to win the second and they automatically leave. Because they dont even know if they are winning or not. And honestly im doing it to as well. Im not willing to waste so much time for ridiculous rewards either i win or lose. Specially if i dont have a clue if i can win or there is no way (thats the purpose of the mama hp bar...).

      I think now will be the time to actually put some DECENT rewards on BGs. Kumas was probably the only (well not probably, the only one hahaha) queue for low levelling players to raise XP, and now they screwed it as well.. good job guys, good job lol.

      They screwed so many things in this last patch that i dont know anymore lol. My option to hide the UI during battle is gone too, and im about to actually stop playing for good as well. My mount controls are screwed, i cant even see my teammates portraits in dungeons because i have the quest marker in the same spot (and im too lazy to hide it everytime im going to enter a dungeon, the option to auto hide was there for that very same reason) or the minimap ocupying 40% of my screen, and other things. For the moment i did stop using real money for good, and the next step will probably be to actually stop playing, and go back to any other mmorpg that will be almost for sure better than Tera nowadays.
    • Assuming I didn't miss some toggle option, the new, improved UI includes the following "features":
      Red quests NPCs don't show up on the compass.
      When picking up items, it doesn't tell you what it is you are about to pick up.
      Party mana bars are minuscule. I have the party UI at 200% so it takes 1/4 of my screen and the mana bars are still under 1mm wide. The class icons, on the other hand, are giant.
      I can't seem to find a "in combat" icon, if I can't see my char(or she gets bugged), I can't reliably tell if I'm in combat. I am, however, constantly aware of my ilvl.
      Party hp bars, due to their shape and the general competence of whoever designed those, always look as if party members are not on full hp.
      Making rage and similar bars the size of floss was a brilliant idea, I can't believe they let them be easily trackable until now.
      I have so far been unable to simplify party icons in a way that show me ToP endurance buff without other random stuff spreading across my screen. While I don't know if someone needs to be buffed, I do know if I should yell at them for not using a nostrum.
      It is virtually impossible to tell how much time is left on buffs and consumables until it's less than 1 minute. I guess we really needed full words there, huh.
      Why did you remove my tab/C skill out of the blue and rearrange the positions of 75% of my keybinds? Someone explain the reasoning behind that.
      Yesterday I kept coming across mobs with ALL the debuffs(I feel that might've been fixed today but I wanted to write it anyway).
      Parcel post keeps showing I have unread mail. Even if I have no mail at all. Oh, and that + in the middle of my screen is lovely. Yes, I know I didn't learn all skills. No, I'm not going to spend the gold. Get that thing off my screen.

      PS: The new achievement laurels are just silly. I'm still trying to remember what the Champion looks like but I think I haven't seen it since I was 5.
    • Ijsbreker wrote:


      Parcel post keeps showing I have unread mail. Even if I have no mail at all. Oh, and that + in the middle of my screen is lovely. Yes, I know I didn't learn all skills. No, I'm not going to spend the gold. Get that thing off my screen.

      PS: The new achievement laurels are just silly. I'm still trying to remember what the Champion looks like but I think I haven't seen it since I was 5.
      Yup same here.

      The problem with the + in the middle screen is the same one as other UI elements that appear in the same position and cant be re-arranged, like the archer skill charge bars or the gathering info, for example. You could think that in 2018, in an mmorpg, this should not be happening because i have re-arranged my UI, but surprise, it happens in Tera, of course lol.

      And how do you get the laurel achievements? i keep seeing them on the screen (come on, its about enough already... im so tired of em) but i dont have a clue how to get em. In any case, i would love to NOT see em in the middle of the screen as well. There are so many things they need to fix - or simply re-do that i dont think they are going to do anything at all, ever. Not after the way they handled this last patch, unfortunately. Another mmorpg that will fill the list of the most cheap and bugged games in story lol.
    • Is there ANYTHING that was actually improved with this UI? Honestly after days of using it I can't find anything except arguably borders of shortcut trays are more visually appealing, and tiny performance boost but can't even swear on that one. Lots of negatives and missing good things compared to old one. Nothing good added.
    • Bargg wrote:

      Is there ANYTHING that was actually improved with this UI? Honestly after days of using it I can't find anything except arguably borders of shortcut trays are more visually appealing, and tiny performance boost but can't even swear on that one. Lots of negatives and missing good things compared to old one. Nothing good added.
      Well, uh, the chat allows more customisation. And, uh, also, if you only need 12 extra skill slots, you don't need to activate all 24. And...and...and...I'm out of ideas. I don't see an improvement in performance but I've always had ~70 fps anyway.

      On the other hand, I just clicked on someone's name to see what class they were. That did not go well. Tiny letters, both letters and background grey-ish and, to top it off, it was properly covered by the mouse. I want the old UI back. At least it provided useful information.
    • Ijsbreker wrote:

      On the other hand, I just clicked on someone's name to see what class they were. That did not go well. Tiny letters, both letters and background grey-ish and, to top it off, it was properly covered by the mouse. I want the old UI back. At least it provided useful information.
      Plus on top of that the tiny window only stays for about 2 seconds before disappearing.

      It's almost unreadable, often your mouse cursor covers it AND it disappear after 2 seconds, what a joke.


      Just look how smaller the text is compared to the chat text! ridiculous.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Ijsbreker wrote:

      Bargg wrote:

      Is there ANYTHING that was actually improved with this UI? Honestly after days of using it I can't find anything except arguably borders of shortcut trays are more visually appealing, and tiny performance boost but can't even swear on that one. Lots of negatives and missing good things compared to old one. Nothing good added.
      Well, uh, the chat allows more customisation. And, uh, also, if you only need 12 extra skill slots, you don't need to activate all 24. And...and...and...I'm out of ideas. I don't see an improvement in performance but I've always had ~70 fps anyway.
      On the other hand, I just clicked on someone's name to see what class they were. That did not go well. Tiny letters, both letters and background grey-ish and, to top it off, it was properly covered by the mouse. I want the old UI back. At least it provided useful information.
      hmm? Font size and Opacity (not sure if they're new but i think so)? Okay that's something. But there are more font size inconsistencies now and I never had problems seeing anything before. Also the opacity doesn't seem to do anything. Or am I missing some other options?
    • Bargg wrote:

      Ijsbreker wrote:

      Bargg wrote:

      Is there ANYTHING that was actually improved with this UI? Honestly after days of using it I can't find anything except arguably borders of shortcut trays are more visually appealing, and tiny performance boost but can't even swear on that one. Lots of negatives and missing good things compared to old one. Nothing good added.
      Well, uh, the chat allows more customisation. And, uh, also, if you only need 12 extra skill slots, you don't need to activate all 24. And...and...and...I'm out of ideas. I don't see an improvement in performance but I've always had ~70 fps anyway.On the other hand, I just clicked on someone's name to see what class they were. That did not go well. Tiny letters, both letters and background grey-ish and, to top it off, it was properly covered by the mouse. I want the old UI back. At least it provided useful information.
      hmm? Font size and Opacity (not sure if they're new but i think so)? Okay that's something. But there are more font size inconsistencies now and I never had problems seeing anything before. Also the opacity doesn't seem to do anything. Or am I missing some other options?
      I meant how you can have it small in fight-mode and big in UI-mode. It's new and, uh, kinda good. Still no timestamps but, I guess, they were going for looks and nobody stopped to think about functionality. They did say it's sleek, not that it's useful so, I guess, we should've known.
      It's the same thing as the fashion and achievement changes. Got my hopes up for something really cool, got this stupidity instead.

      PS: Last night noticed Energy Stars gets the same "not important" treatment as ToP buff. I do wonder if the new mana charge is also considered a "meh" skill.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ijsbreker ().

    • Om3Ga wrote:

      Main bar + 1 extra skill bar should be more than enough for every class, even for PvE.
      ''Should'' and ''are'' aren't even in the same universe. There are people who used a bunch for a veeery long time.
      Also messing with the controls set of a game for the sake of messing with it (precisely what happened here), is unwise to the point of bringing the intelligence of whoever green light the idea, under question.
      Don't argue with the walls...
      Lv.65 Slayer/Lancer/Berserker/Reaper
    • Well. In terms of graphical looks, it does look... "cooler"? I guess? The issue is, that it's way too.. how to express it - compressed. It's like the UI can't take up any space, and that everything has to disappear, so it's literally impossible to find anything. The worst part though, is that the keybinds changed for a lot of players
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

      Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

      Only relevant chars honestly.

      Warrior guide
    • I like the ''modern'' design of the new UI but for some reason it's so familiar. Doesnt the Console version have the same design? Just looks like it was made for it. Also It just doesnt fit with any of the other features in this game like Inventory has a total different layout than the ''updated'' UI. Just update the rest and it's fine. Also BG and IM should have their own icon somewhere on the screen.

      Oh and why the fck did they remove the skill slot for C?