New UI SUX

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • ...so they kept the stupid thing that shows your Item Level all the time on screen (cuz that is so relevant), but removed Pet's hunger bar, so I have to click my pet every time I wanna know if he needs food or not, so brilliant.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Miriad wrote:

      Kraxler wrote:

      rightclick on you pet
      What if your pet is hidden somewhere? 8| or you cant click, because some reasons?
      Sorry but going into UI mode everytime i need to know my pet's health.. thats moronic at least.
      I need to feed my pet around every two weeks or so. I don't gather with him except rootstock and for looting ... is there any loot were you need assistance. Ofc it's stupid they forgot about it. But there should be other fixes first. For example if you perfect block on a tank the "icon" is way to big and can only be scaled by scaling whole UI. Problem is if you make it small everything like VG Window are too small. The old UI was fine. I never heard someone complain about old UI. It was perfect except performance but they could just improve old UI without this cancerous changes. I often forget to claim my vg quest rewards because i barely notice them since there is no "annoying" button on top of the screen. You only get a tiny "1" somewhere in your screen.
    • Yeah, i didnt have problems with the old ui, when they said they were going to improve the ui, i was thinking more about functionallity aspects, like being able to remap flying keys (not only that, now my "descend" key is totally useless, i cant use that function anymore), being able to move the rest elements of the ui that cant be moved, being able to make the mini map smaller, things that will actually improve the ui, not the opposite around. And of course, removing important things like the pet health icon or the c skill .. i didnt expect that either lol.

      You can do both, remake the ui more compact like they did, but of course, preserving everything as it was, not removing things or break others or changing the functionallity.
    • What I don't really understand, even remotely, is what exactly drive the developers to reword the UI.

      It's weird, there are hundreds of things you could"Fix",in the game,but instead you go on and mess up one of the few things that still works(apart from causing lag, which the new UI also have so they didn't even fix that part) ?

      I mean, it's a thing to not give a damn about a broken game, but going out of their way by actually working on something that results into worsening something that nobody complained about(again aside from the lag), just why? WHY?, why companies nowdays seems so out of the world? do they live in gigantic bubbles floating in the sky or what?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Well, i cant really blame entirely to the devs, i mean many mmorpgs have these issues, i played many of em where for some unknown reasons, changes are most of the times for the worst. Most of the times i think it is because they dont even play their own game, or because they try to make the easiests changes / adittions so they can save a lot of work, efforts and time (and money of course), without worrying about anything else. Sadly this is a common thing in many mmorpgs (and trust me, i played many of em far worst than Tera in this aspect, some of em are completely embarrasing). Also there need to be some kind of response from the community. If the changes they make are for the worst you could think that people will stop spending money (for example) until they see a reaction from the devs. But since this is not usually the case, in , again, many mmorpgs, things never change.
    • Someone mentioned that the new UI looks like the one from BHS new MMO AIR... which also will be based on UE3.

      Same engine, same UI => less work for BHS to maintain both games => less people hired to maintain this => profit.

      I would not be surprised thats the main reason TERA got a new UI. And in that new MMO all TERA bugs, inconveniences, etc won't be a thing cause it won't matter for that other game so BHS just didn't care to test that this "new & better UI" is actually worse than the old one because TERA is not their main focus anymore. (btw really BHS devs, game that uses a main-3 button and has a separate key spot for it for like 5-6 years if not more and you just delete it, bravo :thumbup: )

      Wonder what other things they will want to unify with that new game, oh boi. Can't wait for new "better/improved/revamped [xyz]" informations from kTERA.

      TL;DR - new UI sux.
    • Eliannah wrote:

      @Aimovera You sound like that useless guy you get on the phone when people call their ISP "Turn it off and on again." The new UI is shit, and i don't know on which planet you're living but here everyone i spoke to said "I have even less FPS than before."

      The design might be good looking, it's bad mechanically speaking. Just the HP / Mana bars alone makes it trash.
      That's kind of rude to say, but okay.
      I gave my personal opinion, and for me the FPS is increased and more stable since the new UI got added.
      Why is it here that if you have a different POV it's instantly seen as wrong, smh.

      That you don't like it, fine. That doesn't mean I have to dislike it too. Sucks that you guys are having a bad experience with it. I, however, do not share that experience.
    • Tired of these people seeing everything as "rude" and playing the victim card. Did you call your mom "rude" too when she forced you to clean your room? Thought so.

      You giving an opinion doesn't mean that it's right. There is an obvious majority of people who dislikes the UI and there is more than one reason to dislike it, as we speak there is plenty of people who are currently modding their UI so it looks better because the one we got on Tuesday is simply TRASH.

      And your little "Turn off SFX sound" advice has literally nothing to do with the current issue, hence why i compared you to that classic ISP person who's giving you bad advices.

      If you see anything rude in what i typed to you, I suggest you to reach a psychologist asap and to get yourself checked. That'll do yourself, and society, a favor. Tired of snowflakes.
      ">
    • Eliannah wrote:

      Tired of these people seeing everything as "rude" and playing the victim card. Did you call your mom "rude" too when she forced you to clean your room? Thought so.

      You giving an opinion doesn't mean that it's right. There is an obvious majority of people who dislikes the UI and there is more than one reason to dislike it, as we speak there is plenty of people who are currently modding their UI so it looks better because the one we got on Tuesday is simply TRASH.

      And your little "Turn off SFX sound" advice has literally nothing to do with the current issue, hence why i compared you to that classic ISP person who's giving you bad advices.

      If you see anything rude in what i typed to you, I suggest you to reach a psychologist asap and to get yourself checked. That'll do yourself, and society, a favor. Tired of snowflakes.
      Yes, I do think what you're saying is rude.
      Also it's an OPINION. How can my experience be wrong? I said I PERSONALLY do not have issues with the new UI nor the performance after the update. For ME it has been a positive experience and I regret that others cannot share that experience.
      The reason I commented about the SFX sounds is because someone mentioned receiving lag upon opening their inventory, which is also caused due to the SFX sounds. Turning those to 0% can improve the issues...

      I honestly do not understand why you're having a go at me just because you don't share my opinion.
      You're entitled to your opinion, I am to mine. Don't snap at me for it.
    • Kraxler wrote:

      The old UI was fine. I never heard someone complain about old UI.
      lol'd.

      Kraxler wrote:

      It was perfect except performance
      As if performance is just a small side thing and not by far the stupidest shit about the old UI and there have been literally hundreds of threads about it both on EU and NA.

      New UI looks fvcking garbage but to claim old UI was perfect is just a fat joke, like everything about this game.

      Eliannah wrote:

      You giving an opinion doesn't mean that it's right.
      Yeah, but depends what the context is about. If it's about facts, then opinions are clearly worthless and nobody "entitled to his/her opinion". But in this case it's more about preferences though... so an opinion can't be wrong, just not a majority. (btw new UI sucks in design but it is less laggy so at least that part is true)
    • @Aimovera

      Eliannah is a PoS troll that should be ignored, as can be seen by their last comment. (... and many before)
      My advice: Don't reply to Eliannah. Don't read Eliannahs posts.
      The posts are usually full of half truths or blatant lies anyway since Eliannah is simply trying to get a rise out of whoever is there to be trolled.
      Don't fall for the trap. Noone will think less of you for ignoring Eliannah.

      ProTip:
      Any time you see someone with about as many likes as they have posts you should think twice about engaging in a so called "discussion" they will only bring their sock puppets down on you.
      If you look at f.e. who is liking Eliannahs posts (f.e. Moler) and then check who is liking Molers posts you will probably find a very vocal minority in the TERA EU boards which very much so trys to get "their" very special brand of "the right way to see things" promoted.
      There are some people to which rule this does not apply. This is only meant to be "hey look ... they are doing this thing which makes them easily identifiable"

      If you f.e. look at Eliannahs post in:
      Is GBAM actually removed?
      Eliannah admits to trying to bait people.

      Just don't engage. It's pointless and exactly what they, not just Eliannah, want.
    • Borsuc wrote:

      Kraxler wrote:

      The old UI was fine. I never heard someone complain about old UI.
      lol'd.

      Kraxler wrote:

      It was perfect except performance
      As if performance is just a small side thing and not by far the stupidest shit about the old UI and there have been literally hundreds of threads about it both on EU and NA.
      New UI looks fvcking garbage but to claim old UI was perfect is just a fat joke, like everything about this game.
      The old UI was better than the current because we had more option to scale. I mean why make MP and HP so ugly so people are forced to use it in the middle of the screen (top or bottom). With old MP and HP bar you could either put it in the middle or any other location. Yes we can put it now on the side too but i don't want to have a 563213 meter bar showing out of nowhere.

      Ofc the old UI had problems too. But actually i never heard someone complain of the design of old UI. It was simple no 54412152 dropdown menus just to get one option. The logout button now is so tiny i rather alt + tab + close instead of logging out.

      Is the new UI bad ? Yes
      Was the old UI bad? Yes but atleast it wasn't ugly
    • Damn bruv, you're getting a penny each time you're typing my name or what?
      I'm baiting people in global chat yeah, so what's your point? Are in game right now, or discussing on a forum? Rethorical question.

      When i come here it's to provide feedback, you can see i made multiple long threads about community's opinion about few patches or problems in game. I'm not coming here to type on my behalf, i'm here to type about problems that are affecting the community about about OUR gaming experience. So yeah, i have a lot of likes because of posts like that, but also because of the fact that i put back to their places people like you who are just useless nonces.

      It's funny how people tend to assume that someone is "trolling" just because that person is actually able to have a discussion and arguments. Speaking of which, you're claiming that i'm writing "half truths" or "blatant lies", about what exactly?
      ">
    • @Borsuc I'm obviously here to discuss facts, the current one being that there is a majority of people who dislike this joke of a new UI. So people can come and give their opinion if they want to, i'm not a retard and I expect that there is obviously certain people who will like it (Even I actually like the design, it's just bad mechanically speaking) but when I see the amount of forum messages, messages on the Discords where I am talking shit about it I think it's safe to assume that this UI is a failure.

      And if people are gonna come here giving stupid advices about "how to fix" stuff then yeah, i'm gonna jump on that. Besides that, there was barely anything offensive in my first message, but here we are back in the eternal circle of snowflakes being offended over the internet, even tho there is clearly no insult in a message directed to them.

      Anyways, i'm all about the facts. Personnal opinions and feelings have no place in here imo, we're a community. And if the community clearly says that this UI is bad, then it is.
      ">
    • Feedback "gems" (yes that *is* irony)
      New UI SUX
      Na Refugees
      Na Refugees
      please do not put talents to pvp and exclude retaliate reset completely
      Years later, still the same issue.
      2 second gunner pit
      2 second gunner pit
      Goldselling now allowed, part 2

      Eliannah wrote:

      ...Speaking of which, you're claiming that i'm writing "half truths" or "blatant lies", about what exactly?



      Eliannah wrote:

      ...When i come here it's to provide feedback, you can see i made multiple long threads about community's opinion...
      See feedback "gems".
      There are some merits to what you are saying. You do provide feedback (not in feedback gems, but it is true, you do). Your own feedback...
      ... and then you claim it to be a majority opinion for which you provide at best anecdotal proof.
      You don't just come here to give feedback though. You do a whole lot of being just plain mean as well, see feedback "gems", which adds nothing but toxicity to the discussion in many instances. Some of which were apparently moderated?
      I will call that one a half truth.


      Eliannah wrote:

      ...Anyways, i'm all about the facts...
      ... and this a blatant lie. (Typed out explanation: Because you are also about being toxic to people who do not share your opinion.)

      Also:
      Yes I put some effort into this, go ahead and make fun of me for searching your posts and being so "petty".
      I really am not writing this for you though.
      I am writing it for the benefit of others who may have their feelings hurt by you so that they know who it is coming from, and that it can be safely ignored.

      Ya'll have fun in TERA this weekend and don't let the trolls bait you. :beer: