New UI SUX

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My bar is aswell full. There are a lot of problems. For instant good lancer needs several mana potions additonally its not that bad as every class to have up to 3/4 health potions in ur bar if u have to use them when ur healer is busy, buff food and rez rolls takes around 8 slots up if u want to use it in combat if it runs out some combat things linke root beer for burst or sky lotus drink has there uses in pve aswell since u can use it against some mechanics and u rapidely have 15-20 extra slots full to ur 25/30 normal skills ;)

@Nori just look at a normal warrior skill bar they can easily fill it all up and often enough they cant even have nice things like loot pet in bar since its alrdy to full
    • Nori wrote:

I dont get point of this complaining about skill bar.
      NOT EVEN ONE class in this game have up to 48 skills or up to 48 combinations.
      All what you probably need in bar are thingies like CAP/Noctein (combined)/Nostrum (if) / Bravery / Cane (Normal or Strong, boht..) some foods as Lamb, with MP / HP potions if needed.

You have basically 48 free slots with L/R click 50.
      You can bind it from 1 to 9 or 0 on keyboard.
      You can bind it from Q to M on keyboard.
      You can bind it on your mouse buttons.
      You can bind it with SHIFT + Q to M. (Honestly SHIFT + Q/E/R/F/D/X/C/V/A/S/W isn't such a big problem)

Just stop crying, and try figure out best option for you.

Because ur laziness doesn't mean they have to change something.

And probably as last one, just don't fill your bar with every single stuff which you loot in game.
      There are plenty of buff food stuff you need extra slots. That why most people die again after they get ressurected because I > Lag > Click > Dead

Just a little example. And i'm a warrior there are classes (especially Heals who need more slots). I agree that my pets (and pet food)+Goddes blessing + GvG Mount are unecessary but as i said some classes are more slot hungry than warrior.

Btw you are a ninja ofc you don't need that much slots
    • Why is everything behind 1 extra click now? Parcel post, Vanguards, IM/BG matching, Item Claim, Shop, Skills, quests, achievs etc. Some of which aren't hotkeyable. Fonts are bad and opacity options don't seem to do anything. TERA Club bar can't be resized and is tiny. And the things OP said about buffs/debuffs and horizontal/vertical trays.

I fail to see anything being improved. But it's not completely unusable either. It's just worse than before for no reason.
    • ...man, I just press "I" to open the inventory and activate my special stuff.. via direct click. There are often phases when the boss does stuff without you and it is not impossible to do this infight. Putting every single potion, buff stuff in the bar is, in my opinion, kinda useless. The same with two, three pets in the bar. Why?
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • I have emotes in their own separate skill bar alt+1-3. For warrior and zerk tank setup is slightly different and have their own separate skill bar. Other people might have a separate setup for controller. Back in the day with different types of charms, campfires and alliance stuff I just quickly alt+number key to use those. Those extra skill bars were useful. And Leviathan just because you're useless and inefficient doesn't mean everyone else wants to be. Especially because there's really no reason to reduce the number of slots and bars.
    • LeviathanX wrote:

...man, I just press "I" to open the inventory and activate my special stuff.. via direct click. There are often phases when the boss does stuff without you and it is not impossible to do this infight. Putting every single potion, buff stuff in the bar is, in my opinion, kinda useless. The same with two, three pets in the bar. Why?
      Yea and then heal is dead people open inveotry lag their shit out and need 4564634 years to find the ressurect roll (if they even have one). Until BHS fix Inventroy lag putting items to special bar is best solution.

And don't tell me you don't have inveotry lag. Post a video where you open Inventory several times. Best example would be if you are logged in for longer than 1 Hour.
    • Only thing they had to change was the option to enable enemy hp without having to /select for 3s. Like an fps where you see your teams hp on left and opponents on right.
      The x player locked a skill on you as well is tiny.
      I don't understand why the don't allow you use ui options and force you have an arguably bad ui. When someone hits me now I have to see a huge hp bar in open world. Didn't see in bgs how it is.
    • Kraxler wrote:

Yea and then heal is dead people open inveotry lag their shit out and need 4564634 years to find the ressurect roll (if they even have one). Until BHS fix Inventroy lag putting items to special bar is best solution.
      And don't tell me you don't have inveotry lag. Post a video where you open Inventory several times. Best example would be if you are logged in for longer than 1 Hour.
      You again... I meant for stuff like the many buff food.. Never mentioned anything about resurrect scrolls... The speed potion and the salad are removed meanwhile. I don't use that stuff. Actually, I don't even use lamb or the moondrink either. So, I could free it up more.

And above that I never even had problems during tanking to open the inventory and click on may nostrum or whatever.
      Images
      • wkeys_3.png

370.64 kB, 1,072×252, viewed 30 times
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • @LeviathanX Just because you don't have lag opening your inventory doesn't mean it is the case for everyone else.

The reason why people complain is because they feel they are forced to use workarounds when they believe they shouldn't have to.

I, for example - and like senita456 - don't understand why I can't move my "Descend" skill to any of the two side bars in order to bind it again to "C" as I'm really used to it.
      I don't want to bind any slot of the two main bars to "C", and certainly not the "7", really...

I also had way more than 3 skills configurations on many of my chars.

WärlordNoctibullePunching.BullPlyaPriorMistybulle
      BerserkerMortiferaBourraskLancièrePrêtreMystique
      Castanic ♂Elin ♀Humain ♂Castanic ♀Haut-Elfe ♂Elin ♀
    • Am I the only one that actually likes the new UI? It improved my FPS and it looks pretty sleek.
      It's super different from before, so you definitely need to get used to it but I wouldn't say it's bad. At least now my screen doesn't feel hella cluttered anymore. (Also for those that get lag from opening their inventory, tried turning off your SFX sounds in-game? :P)
    • Turning of SFX to reduce Lag. This is clearly a fix lol. Seriously it's just bad coding or whatever you calll it. Next time we need to turn of sounds completely because FPS increase. And if ircc turning of sfx also turns of whisper sound/ Trader offering sounds. Yea the new UI improved FPS (no interrface lag). But well if they just would add more feature for example ui scaling and not just a few option. For example if you want to make VG Windows bigger you need to scale whole UI bigger and then make other ui elements smaller. But the problem by doing this is than your Profil window also gets bigger so big it's acctually annoying.
    • @Aimovera You sound like that useless guy you get on the phone when people call their ISP "Turn it off and on again." The new UI is shit, and i don't know on which planet you're living but here everyone i spoke to said "I have even less FPS than before."

The design might be good looking, it's bad mechanically speaking. Just the HP / Mana bars alone makes it trash.
      ">
    • Also a word about megaphones: now megaphones appears in the normal chat along with all the other chat channels, they don't have their "special spot" anymore on top of the chat window, so...what's the point of megaphones now?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • I think I used like 2 or 3 megaphones in total since they were introduced so....I don't care personally.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • senita456 wrote:

Even if I don't count the missing shortcut bars, we have now 1 less shortcut try(the one normally assigned to "C"), so I don't see how my skill bar got "expanded" @Athena.

By the way, if you use a flying mount, now the default position of the command "Descend" is in the shortcut assigned to the key "7", and even if you drag it to wherever you assigned your new "C" shortcut, it will reset the next time you will use a flying mount.

Means if you still want to use the "Descend" command in a flying mount either you assign some key other than "7" (which is hardly an easy key to reach), or if you were used to use "C" to descend, now you have to place it in the "7" shortcut tray, unless you wanna drag and drop the descend skill every time.

Is not that way. I have the "left" key instead of the "7" key to descend. Depends on the keybinds you have setup. In my case, i cant use the descend key on my flying mounts anymore. I had it right in the middle of my setup, and now, even if it says "left" (dont have a clue if it is the left key or the left whatever but nothing works) i dont have descend key anymore. So, im just using the mouse now to look down and descend and such. Terrible.

It is something that bothers me, how in earth doesnt Tera have an option to remap keys for the mount??? i mean, think on it, its ridiculous.
    • Eliannah wrote:

@Aimovera You sound like that useless guy you get on the phone when people call their ISP "Turn it off and on again." The new UI is shit, and i don't know on which planet you're living but here everyone i spoke to said "I have even less FPS than before."

The design might be good looking, it's bad mechanically speaking. Just the HP / Mana bars alone makes it trash.
      lol, exactly what i was thinking, but i must be honest, i did notice a slighty increase in my end in fps. Keep in mind, only people with mid-low end rigs will notice any difference. The UI is clearly a design to increase the performance slighty, but i need to agree that it is hideous.

Please guys at gf, hire me to design a new UI. Im pretty sure i will do a better job than these guys.... in fact, they didnt need to change anything at all, just make things more functional. Thats all. Why the hell to change everything for the worst, i dont get it. But its really easy to say "we are making a new ui" and then, dont make anything at all, just change the size of the containers... lol. Many people will actually think they did something useful, so, thats it, job done.
    • Miriad wrote:

lol, exactly what i was thinking, but i must be honest, i did notice a slighty increase in my end in fps. Keep in mind, only people with mid-low end rigs will notice any difference. The UI is clearly a design to increase the performance slighty, but i need to agree that it is hideous.
      I also dislike the new UI and think it's impractical compared to the old one, but it definitely didn't make the game perform worse. I thought it was maybe a bit better.