Dreadspire guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dreadspire guide

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine requested a Dreadspire guide, and I haven't been able to find a super detailed guide around on the internet either. The one on Essentialmana only covers the first 4 floors. Therefore, I decided to make a guide, WHICH IS IN PROGRESS! Furthermore I want to mention, that this guide is only from a DPS perspective sadly, as I can't play tank or healer in Dreadspire.

As I am not an amazing player, but more of a casual, happy-go-lucky player, who aims to have fun with my friends, I only cleared a part of Dreadspire, namely up until floor 6 so far. I'm working on, with my static, to clear Lakan as soon as possible, so I can update the guide further, and of course eventually fill all 10 floors.

I hope this can help out some players out there.

If you have suggestions or just want to give your opinion, please don't hesitate to post a comment. I will update this thread, as I progress in Dreadspire.

/Trappiez

docs.google.com/document/d/1C1…ACBHHWQI/edit?usp=sharing
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • sorry for poor formatting but i used notepad as i was reading your guide, overall a good job but you missed a shitload of stuff

Kaprima - Backstun - it always happens right after a spin
      Dakuryon - Swipes are 80% of your HP and front/back smash are 100% = you can survive with a kaia or anything like that
      Dakuryon - Forgot to mention that double debuff gets yourself thrown at the furthest standing party member (risking to kill him if he doesn't know how to dodge) then triggers circles mechanic
      Meldita - 360 doesn't oneshot if enraged and geared
      Meldita - Forgot to mention that >the projectile the mobs shoot< heals the boss, not the mobs being alive - the projectile can be bodyblocked
      Meldita - Outer and/or inner to outer rings also knock down if no anti-kd skill (kaia, whirlwind, you name it) is being used
      Meldita - Ring target - for each person that gets hit spawns a >worm< spawns
      Meldita - Straight-line spikes - you can still DPS the boss from behind without having to dodge if you're well positioned to the back-slightly on the side
      Meldita - Triple laser's order is front, left, right - not right and left
      Kelsaik - The whole debuff stuff is just confusing and will mess up any first timer's mind
      Kelsaik - The reason you "switch" is because your debuff runs out, it can only be overlapped by the opposite element and you die if it times out. Otherwise you'd just keep the same setup and only let one person (like the tank) switch debuff to balance the bar
      Kelsaik - Forgot to mention that the tail gives you a debuff
      Kelsaik - You can walk out of the jump if you're not comfortable with the dodge timings, as long as the boss is not enraged
      Kelsaik - After a fuckup most of the people will just try and go front to take the debuffs: you forgot to mention HOW. The Ice paw hits the front (not double) with a cone-ish (or maybe just a line) shape attack, therefore, by staying RIGHT UNDER THE PAW you won't get the debuff, you'll have to stay slightly in front of it. As for the FIRE PAW, it's a huge aoe, so you can literally stay anywhere near the fire paw in order to get the debuff. And this shit is blockable. So don't block it.
      Kelsaik - Probably forgot to mention the most important thing of them all: if you screw up, you can always kill yourself. If you're that ONE fire that is about to wipe the entire party, just die. easy fix lol
      Krakatox - Forgot to mention that you can't go through the boss with any skill, so you have to rotate around him (shouldn't have to do that anyways, but that being the case)
      Krakatox - Forgot to mention >different attacks< - There's the right swipe into laser (instead of right/left) and the triple smash without front smash. And they alternate. Meaning? If he did the right/left swipe, the next one is gonna be Right/laser. If he did Triple smash into front smash, the next one will just be Triple smash without the front one. And then he starts again. 1>2>1>2
      Krakatox - I can understand this is a "dps pov" but as for the pillars, you even said a DD has to go do them and help the healer if needed. Care to explain how they work?
      Krakatox - "Random head target?" - It just targets you if you're TOO far away. Just don't go way too far away and the boss shouldn't even do it once.
      Krakatox - The laser has a different time as for when to dodge (multiple, different hits) depending on where you're standing, considering it's a cone. Even for a ranged it would be suggested to dodge >towards< the boss instead of away.
      søsøsøsø

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ulith ().

• Damn, Ulith! Thanks for taking your time and reading through it all and pointing out what I'm missing. I'll make sure to add all that stuff. Thanks a lot!

Warrior guide
    • Update: I updated the guide, putting all of @Uliths suggestions in there, except for Kelsaik. As he mentioned, the debuff is kinda confusing, and I will have to consider how to rewrite the whole part, so it becomes much more understandable. Ty for your patience.

/Trappiez

Warrior guide