How to avoid insta deaths?

• Lancer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to avoid insta deaths?

So, this is my second character, a lancer, he is only item level 434,twisthard , i have fully enchanted the weapon, the armor and half enchanted globes and boots still to be.

The problem im having in dungeons, or guardian missions is that i keep dying in one hit no matter how much health i have, it doesnt matter potions, shield abilities, anything. I confess im pretty new to this game (about 5 months now) but i dont think im doing something really terrible.

My crystals on armor are niveots of damage reduction, and in weapons i have 1 increase aggro crystal, and 3 increase damage against monsters. The green ones are the default ones dugal gives you (power, endurance).

So what im doing so wrong? is not that some bosses attacks are almost impossible to avoid, is that when that happens, i usually die. Im tired of resurrecting and at this rate im going to waste a fortune in crystalbinds. While other players, even other more squizy classes are still alive, and im always the only one who dies. 1 hit. Always. Is this intended? or im doing something wrong? tank classes like lancer are supossed to be durable, and being able to take harder hits. It seems pretty the opposite when fighting dungeon bosses.

Thanks in advance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miriad ().

• 111313141.22 wrote:

Use 12hours cristal bind, learn boss mecanic; avoid them by dodge(if you can) or just moving.
      Its more about why my entire health bar is going down, while all the other players can survive perfectly fine, even taking the hit same as me and having the same equipment (twisthard)? i know how to avoid hits, but sometimes, you just cant. When that happens i die 99% of the times. Playing with a lancer and having less stamina than a sorcerer... whats the point lol?.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miriad ().

• Make sure about the following
      • You are using Hardy Crystals on Armor
      • You have equal (or better) gear than people who facetank mechanics
      • Check your Buff Tray for Kaia Shield or Enhanced Devoted Favor
      • Some classes (like warrior) have damage reduction skills which allow them to take 50% less damage from boss skills
      • Check if the boss is in enrage (when boss bar glows red), you have extra 20% damage reduction during enrage (28.8% if you have 4x Poisedly Dyads on your weapon)

I guess that's about it , you will get used to facetank with time there's many stuff you need to check out but mostly learn how much damage bosses deal to you
      You can check system chat to see how much damage you actually got, compare it with your current HP and if it's pretty close you can use Iron Will to facetank it next time :elin27:
    • Crystals, for weapon you will need to use focused crystal (increase crit damage against enraged monsters) and Wrathful crystal (increased crit damage when attacking from front). The other two slots should be for pounding crystal, but threatening crystal can be used as well if you're tanking and having trouble keeping aggro.

Green crystals I'm not 100% sure anymore since I haven't played recently, but most likely 4x keen crystals. Power might be good for high geared players, and it's not exactly bad for anyone. But don't use endurance. Armor 4x hardy.
    • use Nostrum (the yellow potion), use Bravery if possible (10% dmg reduction), always use noctenium (its just basic bufffood, everyone should at least have those 3 items), maybe do a video of where you are dying and then we can help.

The more information you give us, the more we can help you.

Ps: always use 12h crystallbind (its not expensiv tho)
    • LLoyderino wrote:

Make sure about the following
      • You are using Hardy Crystals on Armor
      • You have equal (or better) gear than people who facetank mechanics
      • Check your Buff Tray for Kaia Shield or Enhanced Devoted Favor
      • Some classes (like warrior) have damage reduction skills which allow them to take 50% less damage from boss skills
      • Check if the boss is in enrage (when boss bar glows red), you have extra 20% damage reduction during enrage (28.8% if you have 4x Poisedly Dyads on your weapon)

I guess that's about it , you will get used to facetank with time there's many stuff you need to check out but mostly learn how much damage bosses deal to you
      You can check system chat to see how much damage you actually got, compare it with your current HP and if it's pretty close you can use Iron Will to facetank it next time :elin27:

Yup, everything you named is checked. The damage im getting by hit is about 2x my health. So there is no way i could ever avoid death. lol. And of course i use iron will, and other abilities and buffs. But with no aval. Its stating to be pretty ridiculous at this point.

Even if i get hit once, i should not die. I just dont understand how this mechanic is in place. Not a single npc not even a boss should kill you in just one hit. Fighting a boss in the expectation that at some point he will hit me (because all bosses have non avoidablre attacks at some point apparently) and i will surely intsta die, its just draining my patience. Specially when other players with the same gear get hit by half the hp bar... i just dont get it.
    • Bargg wrote:

Crystals, for weapon you will need to use focused crystal (increase crit damage against enraged monsters) and Wrathful crystal (increased crit damage when attacking from front). The other two slots should be for pounding crystal, but threatening crystal can be used as well if you're tanking and having trouble keeping aggro.

Green crystals I'm not 100% sure anymore since I haven't played recently, but most likely 4x keen crystals. Power might be good for high geared players, and it's not exactly bad for anyone. But don't use endurance. Armor 4x hardy.
      I dont understand what has to do focused or wrathful crystals for survavility..
    • Miriad wrote:

Im used to grind. Ive been playing mmoprgs since almost 20 years ago. Some of em for almost 10 years already .... grinding all the time. Thats why i know that there are serious problems with Tera. Talking about rewards. And keeping in mind how stupidly easy is to fail an enchantement. I mean, loook at this ->

Miriad wrote:

Its clear that you dont even remember your times as twisthard user, right? or are you just fooling around? did you even bother to read any of my posts?. Anyways, im not going to even bother to answer you. And play more mmorpgs, dude, you are completely clueless.
      oh yeah, you are that dude, can't be helped then, sry for even trying to help you :elin11:
    • Some Bosses have abilities that do a fixed amount of damage, like 100.000 damage fixed, and some have damage that does a fixed percentage damage up to 100%.

If you could tell us what boss you are talking about we could maybe help you a bit better.

Please check out this guide for the rolls you should use on your chest piece: essentialmana.com/daniels-adva…max-lancer-guide/#gearing
      "The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."
    • Miriad wrote:

Bargg wrote:

Crystals, for weapon you will need to use focused crystal (increase crit damage against enraged monsters) and Wrathful crystal (increased crit damage when attacking from front). The other two slots should be for pounding crystal, but threatening crystal can be used as well if you're tanking and having trouble keeping aggro.

Not much but just a general tip. And you won't panic and start spamming shouts when you try to get aggro back with bad offensive crystals

To survive, you just need to dodge the correct attacks and block the correct attacks, simple. At the balder's refuge boss, you need to dodge the spinning fire attack which for lancers hits almost instantly as it starts near the front of the boss. Also step back when boss runs to the middle and starts summoning balls. If multiple balls hit you at once you're dead. Also when it targets one person, it will do 3 hit attack and last hit releases balls (actually all 3 hits release balls, but the 3rd hit may change direction if the targeted person changed position). You need to dodge that one as well. And normal boss attack, 3 hits, block the 3rd hit or you will get stunned. For blightwood boss, simply block everything and dodge the outwards moving circle attack. And move out when it summons circles on several players so you don't take heavy damage and start running around uncontrollably.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bargg ().

• Miriad wrote:

I just dont understand how this mechanic is in place
      Can you tell us which specific mechanic is oneshotting you?

LLoyderino wrote:

Some classes (like warrior) have damage reduction skills which allow them to take 50% less damage from boss skills
      Some classes have damage mitigation skills and might actually be using those to survive
    • Naomasa wrote:

Some Bosses have abilities that do a fixed amount of damage, like 100.000 damage fixed, and some have damage that does a fixed percentage damage up to 100%.

If you could tell us what boss you are talking about we could maybe help you a bit better.

Please check out this guide for the rolls you should use on your chest piece: essentialmana.com/daniels-adva…max-lancer-guide/#gearing
      Generally speaking, most of em. Even the ones from low level dungeons. Lately i have been dying much less, maybe once in three or four runs, but my concern is i should not be running away to avoid frontal attacks all the time, since im a lancer, i should be able to take at least one big hit, right?. I also use shield and counter a lot, not only running away.

Thanks for that link. Incredibly useful. One quick question.. i think i need a semi enigmatic scroll to re-roll the chest piece, right? or how do i do it? how do i have access to the skill rolls and the others?
    • LLoyderino wrote:

Miriad wrote:

I just dont understand how this mechanic is in place
      Can you tell us which specific mechanic is oneshotting you?

LLoyderino wrote:

Some classes (like warrior) have damage reduction skills which allow them to take 50% less damage from boss skills
      Some classes have damage mitigation skills and might actually be using those to survive

Hm, for example. The second boss from ravenous gorge, has two attacks that if i get in the middle, im always oneshoted. One is a incredibly fast claw move that i cant even see, that apparently critics all the time. The other one is when it rolls sidewalks and you get in the middle of its path.

Other monster could be the one from the guardian mission, where you need to rescue someone in balders refugee. It has an especial attack, i think its AoE that one shots me 99% of the times.

The other one i think from the thaumethal refinery, cant remember exactly only played couple of times.

And some others i probably cant remember. Also, apparently my lancer is incredibly weak against over time damage. Is any way to mitigate that?
    • Bargg wrote:

Miriad wrote:

Bargg wrote:

Not much but just a general tip. And you won't panic and start spamming shouts when you try to get aggro back with bad offensive crystals
      To survive, you just need to dodge the correct attacks and block the correct attacks, simple. At the balder's refuge boss, you need to dodge the spinning fire attack which for lancers hits almost instantly as it starts near the front of the boss. Also step back when boss runs to the middle and starts summoning balls. If multiple balls hit you at once you're dead. Also when it targets one person, it will do 3 hit attack and last hit releases balls (actually all 3 hits release balls, but the 3rd hit may change direction if the targeted person changed position). You need to dodge that one as well. And normal boss attack, 3 hits, block the 3rd hit or you will get stunned. For blightwood boss, simply block everything and dodge the outwards moving circle attack. And move out when it summons circles on several players so you don't take heavy damage and start running around uncontrollably.

Yup that boss is one of my mortal enemies the one from balder's. Thanks for those tips, incredibly useful. Thats kinda more or less what i was looking for. Is there any guide about boss mechanics?
    • Sorry, are you seriously talking about "I don't have to dodge because I am lancer?!"

Read some boss guides to learn about one-shot mechanics and how to avoid them.

That is the only thing to help you.
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • LeviathanX wrote:

Sorry, are you seriously talking about "I don't have to dodge because I am lancer?!"

Nop. Im talking about "im a lancer so i should be able to take one or two hits from bosses". I think thats pretty reasonable, right? when you play with a tank, you expect to last longer, right? you expect to be able to take a beat, right? whats the difference? or do you play with different classes for no purpose at all?
    • Miriad wrote:

LeviathanX wrote:

Sorry, are you seriously talking about "I don't have to dodge because I am lancer?!"

Nop. Im talking about "im a lancer so i should be able to take one or two hits from bosses". I think thats pretty reasonable, right? when you play with a tank, you expect to last longer, right? you expect to be able to take a beat, right? whats the difference? or do you play with different classes for no purpose at all?
      A oneshot mechanic is still a oneshot though and it should be no matter the class. If you are able to survive it it doesn't deserve to be called a oneshot mechanic.

About the second boss in RG: When it runs to a stone you are not supposed to stand in it's way and that attack ignores your block if I remember correctly. Any other attack shouldn't oneshot you. Most of them may kill after all their hits but normally you should be able to get your block up so that you don't die.

In TR it definitely matters which boss. On the second boss you need to stand in the right laser which is the color of your bubble. Also that mechanic does 100% HP dmg. So Kaias or Iron Will can save you at full HP. If the group failes the goblins at the last boss they will nearly oneshot you or maybe even oneshot you. If you aren't oneshot from them theres a good chance the boss will kill you.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars