Gold farming guide! BEST METHODS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• xLightz wrote:

Just spam Guardian Missions on 420 chars each day

Its incredibley how people keep referring to farm guardian missions.

a) many many people dont have the ability or equipment (not until you are late twisthard - frostmetal) to effectively farm guardian missions.
      b) people have a life, they cant spend 24 hours farming guardian missions. Many people are thankful that they can spend 2 hours a day playing Tera.

So, yes other alternative methods to farm gold would be fine. Many people need em.
    • Miriad wrote:

a) many many people dont have the ability or equipment (not until you are late twisthard - frostmetal) to effectively farm guardian missions.
      b) people have a life, they cant spend 24 hours farming guardian missions. Many people are thankful that they can spend 2 hours a day playing Tera.

So, yes other alternative methods to farm gold would be fine. Many people need em.
      Could you not start this discussion in the third thread, thank you. Guardians can be done in any gear, literally any. Just the time spent will differ.
      Other methods: Visa, PayPal, Skrill, running basically any dungeon, doing Vanguard Quests, selling Golden Talents, selling crafting potions, selling crystals
    • xLightz wrote:

Guardians can be done in any gear, literally any.
      Yeah, sure. lol. Do you even play the game? but yeah of course if you call to be "done" to stay in the guardian mission zone without doing nothing, or basically nothing, yeah, they can be done. As again, many people only have a couple of hours to play at most every day. That is not even enough time to farm anything at all.
    • Miriad wrote:

xLightz wrote:

Guardians can be done in any gear, literally any.
      Yeah, sure. lol. Do you even play the game? but yeah of course if you call to be "done" to stay in the guardian mission zone without doing nothing, or basically nothing, yeah, they can be done. As again, many people only have a couple of hours to play at most every day. That is not even enough time to farm anything at all.
      if u dont have time to play the game, of course you progress slower than others who do have time. welcome to mmos
    • Guardian missions make much more gold than dungeons, when I was farming them on 4-5 chars per day I could make 200-300k per week or more.

1 AAHM = 3500g
      250 000 / 3500 = 71.4

So unless you do 71 AAHMs per week, sorry fam, to get the 3500 gold VG you gotta have 453 ilvl as well, so say you can max do 439 vanguards;

1 RKNM = 1500g
      250 000 / 1500 = 166.7

Gotta be quite dedicated to do 167 RKNMs per week :lol:
      Btw farming guardians on 4-5 chars only took me max 2 hours per day and most were +0 stormcry, max +4
    • Kyanara wrote:

1 AAHM = 3500g
      250 000 / 3500 = 71.4

So unless you do 71 AAHMs per week, sorry fam, to get the 3500 gold VG you gotta have 453 ilvl as well, so say you can max do 439 vanguards;

1 RKNM = 1500g
      250 000 / 1500 = 166.7
      You're not taking mats into consideration. For the most part you get several emeralds and the crafting items in themselves have some kind of worth as well. There's more to it than just the gold the dungeons drop. Plus dungeon overall give more xp than Guardians.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Trappiez wrote:

Plus dungeon overall give more xp than Guardians.
      If you look at the amount yes and no.
      Dungeons give following gear XP vor the Vanguard Quests: 1350, 750, 400, 200(?), 50 (Numbers as I remember them, have to look them up later)
      Retrieving Guardian Boxes give 30 each, that means 1200 for all 40 boxes.

So you only get more item xp from dungeons if you clear them faster than doing guardian missions - which is possible, but finding a group and potential wipes also cost lots of time.
    • Hmm. But let's be real: If you do Guardian Missions, depending on your gear and the amount of consums you spend, you will clear in around 15 - 20 min., depending on how familiar you are with Guardians.

Putting up a scenario, it'd look somewhat like this:
      - 2x AAH gives you 1375x2 xp, 3500x2 gold and various mats. Sometimes a Diamond drops, sometimes Emeralds, let's assume you're not overly lucky and put an estimate of 5k gold for 2x AAH - seems plausible. I usually do 2x AAH in 40 min.

- 2x 40 Guardian Boxes gives you around 20k gold, (selling boxes and using consums taken into consideration) and 1200x2 xp. This will take you around 40 min. on a rough estimate. BUT - let's consider, that not a lot of people have the same gear on several alts, meaning that the time probably can be extended to around 50 - maybe 60 min., (if you're really badly geared). You don't have that issue in AAH, since you don't have to switch character for two runs.

Taking these scenarios into consideration, I'd say, if you want to farm xp, I'd go for dungeons 100%, but if I want gold, I'd probably go for Guardians.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Miriad wrote:

Well if the "many" people that you're talking about are dedicated enough to "farm gold", they' should have FM+0 weapon within a few days assuming you can play 2-3hrs/day (or well the first 3days you are "farming" gold).
      So the "many" people in need of gold farming alternatives, should just suck it up for 2-3days, spend everything they have into their weapon so they can farm guardian faster.
      As a guardian/twist, all you can do is 2/3stars & IoD anyway (if we dont take into account guardians)
    • Miriad wrote:

xLightz wrote:

Just spam Guardian Missions on 420 chars each day

If you dont have the hability, gear, or time to do guardian quests, then do the fly guardian missions, learn to do the correctly and you will easilly get 3 boxes per run, since those quests are not ilvl deppendant, is a win-win bet...

Advice: Do them with the free dragon mount/wolf mount from tera club, this fly mounts will perform better than the free Tulpar pegasus (but still Tulpar can get 2 boxes per run i wel played)