Loot Box's are against the LAW so why do i still see them in TERA?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Om3Ga wrote:

The whole "loot boxes are evil" topic is for stupid people, those stupid youtubers and goverments that act like they care about their people.
      That even gamers fall for it is even more ridiculous.

People know very well what the drop chances roughly are.
      Im not against a exact %-chance disclosure but lootboxes will be bought, no matter with or without %chance disclosure.

Game companies should just ban belgium and whoever is against lootboxes and don't ship games to these countries anymore.
      There are more than enough other smarter countries that gladly take all the tax money.
      Calling people stupid, but im the one who is trolling and should be banned.
      Lul
    • I wasn't kidding with my last post (unlike the one before).

If lootboxes would be removed we would get even worse loot systems, just look at Fortnite and the "battle pass".
      There are so called "seasons" and every season you need to invest money into a battle pass which grants you max loot.

While with lootboxes, i got them for free by just playing normally. Havn't bought a single lootbox in my entire life.
      Lootboxes gone means they force people to pay for additional loot.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

I wasn't kidding with my last post (unlike the one before).

If lootboxes would be removed we would get even worse loot systems, just look at Fortnite and the "battle pass".
      There are so called "seasons" and every season you need to invest money into a battle pass which grants you max loot.

While with lootboxes, i got them for free by just playing normally. Havn't bought a single lootbox in my entire life.
      Don't we already have that? Battle Pass=Tera Club? If you don't have TC you don't get daily boxes, only half the entries, half the credits for vanguards etc.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

I wasn't kidding with my last post (unlike the one before).

For Tera that would just mean they will go back to the old payment model from pre f2p times.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Arlos wrote:

ThePenguinSockpuppet wrote:

Firstly, Magnificent Costume Box is a box dropped from Banyaka's Treasure Chest, its free. I dont believe Guardian Boxes, Unsurpassed Etchings Boxes can be bought either.
      More importantly, the Dutch law seems to state some loot boxes can be considered gambling but not all. The issue seems to be if the contents of the boxes have any real world value which they dont in Tera.
      Any box that can bought in the Tera Shop has real world value since you get TT through paying money. To some extent the Costume Box from Ghilie is the same. Cause honestly who pays for ghilie scrolls with vanguard credits? That shit loot is not worth it.
      Thats NOT what real world value means. How much you paid or didn't pay to get the box means nothing. Real world value in the Dutch law refers to a monetary value of the items IN the box. This also renders your second point meaningless.

I'm just talking about the legality of these boxes. Peoples opinions on the boxes is a totally different issue. Personally I think all loot boxes are a plague created by greedy assholes at game companies (like Gameforge) that is infecting gaming but Tera EU's boxes aren't illegal.
      I was born in an idea, I lived in a dream, I died in a memory.
    • Astarte wrote:

boxes in overwatch are against law, and those are much better than what tera offers.
      +what about our spin for win?
      or is it out already?
      ??? what makes Overwatch loot boxes better than Tera boxes? As fart as I know those boxersd ONLY contain cosmetics and you can farm those boxes via playtime.
    • Oh in my countrythis was a discussion not so long ago

If not opened with real money, some loot boxes do not classify as illegal since the user is not losing a part of their real life properties, instead they use only ingame coin/items wich are part of the game system. F.E. you cant consider gambling a Kaiman Stash, since the key is obtainable using in game mechanics, rather than having to give money to the company to open them... your property, from the rights perspective, is your tera account and all your items etc, they are considered as a single unit, your money is a different belonging, so if a company makes u use your other belongings to win a fixed probability to win or not, thats gambling, but the important part is that it has to be real money, because ingame money/items do not cause any harm to your real properties.

this puts bankayas treasure box in a special situation, thanks to the "premium area teleport" available to everyone, if it was really a premium only area, no problem , but, being available, and the treasure box being unable to open for a player who can get it but cant open,may be consider a subtle bait for users to spend money in tera club... But while it can be see as a bit dirty enterprise movement but is not illegal.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

They dont check lotto if you buy it online. Everyone can.
      Many online lotto pages aren't legal as well.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars