Keen Mote Buff at guardians/Sniper Eye.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• lady.kill wrote:

guardian missions would be removed completley so tera could be a multiplayer game again
      Solo content? :elin15:
      I used to do guardian mission raids for faster farming (always have healer and lancer) :elin36: it was less boring having a chat while chilling on guardian missions and at the same time farming some gold, at the time dungeons were totally unrewarding, now it's a bit better :elin12:
    • Well but how can u have a chat when u need to attack the boss all the time?

Anyway it is just my personal opinion about it. I can assume there are a few player enjoying guardian missions :P
      No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others.
      Denken ist schwer, darum urteilen die Meisten.
    • lady.kill wrote:

Well but how can u have a chat when u need to attack the boss all the time?
      Voice chat ofc :elin20:

lady.kill wrote:

I can assume there are a few player enjoying guardian missions
      I can't say people enjoy guardians but some people actually were forced to farm them cuz no other way to get gold and if you don't want to spend money on TC you need to farm gold ingame so guardians were the only way :elin20:
    • Sisko wrote:

guardian missions aren't grouped content, the healers there never heal anyway, and the tanks rarely ever hold bosses still. how am I supposed to get my own healer+tank if I'm FORCED to participate in it ungrouped? new players can't be picky anyway, because they don't even know anyone.

the flight guardian missions are even worse with their 0.5-1 boxes per mission average, and that's with the 30% acceleration upgrade.

there are tons of reasons why guardians are unviable as a source of income for anyone below SC-0 running it ungrouped.

let's face it, guardian combat missions are a massive shitfest that heavily favours SC+HO, and leaves everyone else in the dust as far as box count goes.

btw how can your FM brawler/lancer come that close to your SC lunar? lunars are unsurpassed at dps, while brawlers/lancers are just tanks who shouldn't even be able to beat a TS geared lunar, something doesn't add up here.
      You can join a group before you start a guardian mission and then during the mission you are still in that group.
      The flight missions are shit anyway.
      Also Brawler and Lancer can come close to Lunar since contribution points differ per class. Since after all the dmgoutput per class is different and BHS is trying to make the guardians take the same time for every class. Also another reason is the skill with a class. Tomo is probably not at the same skillevel for every class. Also Lunars unsurpassed at dps? Archers are better at dps and Brawlers also aren't that far behind.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Sisko wrote:

Tomo wrote:

its not that hard, if you have ~1-2years game knowledge and use shinra or any dps meter in order to improve yourself.

if you need 4hours for 1char with twistshard, then you most likely have the wrong glyphs/crystals/stats in your gear and may need to swap them out.
      at 2 months, 1-2 years seems like centuries.the crystals are the normal dungeon ones (Focused/Savage/Spiteful/Pounded), slaying is unviable in an environment where healers don't even heal you after you drop below 20-30%.
      the dps in dungeons is about average, mostly 2nd. guardian bosses are many magnitudes harder than most dungeon bosses.

Tomo wrote:

get healers in your group as well as lancers is very important.
      There are just many factors which impact your box per minute gain, but on average 1h is fairly consistent for fm+0 for almost everyone.
      guardian missions aren't grouped content, the healers there never heal anyway, and the tanks rarely ever hold bosses still. how am I supposed to get my own healer+tank if I'm FORCED to participate in it ungrouped? new players can't be picky anyway, because they don't even know anyone.

the flight guardian missions are even worse with their 0.5-1 boxes per mission average, and that's with the 30% acceleration upgrade.

there are tons of reasons why guardians are unviable as a source of income for anyone below SC-0 running it ungrouped.

let's face it, guardian combat missions are a massive shitfest that heavily favours SC+HO, and leaves everyone else in the dust as far as box count goes.

btw how can your FM brawler/lancer come that close to your SC lunar? lunars are unsurpassed at dps, while brawlers/lancers are just tanks who shouldn't even be able to beat a TS geared lunar, something doesn't add up here.
      Flying missions always give like 3 boxes for me, without effort
    • Arlos wrote:

You can join a group before you start a guardian mission and then during the mission you are still in that group.

you can't if there's no group looking for people.

Arlos wrote:

Since after all the dmgoutput per class is different and BHS is trying to make the guardians take the same time for every class.

so they normalise class dmg, but they don't even bother to normalize gear? goes to show how incompetent BHS is.
    • Sisko wrote:

slaying is unviable in an environment where healers don't even heal you after you drop below 20-30%.
      No, thats exactly the only place where slaying is viable. The heal is what makes it not viable...

Sisko wrote:

guardian bosses are many magnitudes harder than most dungeon bosses.
      Depends on what dungeon bosses you have done yet. Guardian bosses have literally not more than two attacks in their kit that need to be iframed, if you want to be slaying. If you don't use slaying you can facetank most of them while still sustaining yourself with potions.
      The less gear, the more potions you need, and more iframes, but it still isn't that hard.

I think what's slowing you down the most is not knowing the bosses and your class enough to confidently tackle them with ease and no deaths or the need for heals.

Unless you play berserker (especially with awakening) I see no reason you would ever need healing at guardian quests, and even those can work around not having a healer.

Sisko wrote:

the healers there never heal anyway
      Priests have an aoe heal in their DPS rotation so I don't know what they are doing, but they are doing it wrong then.

Sisko wrote:

flight guardian missions are even worse with their 0.5-1 boxes per mission average
      I get 2-4 boxes without really focusing much on the game, are you sure you complete the objectives and not pointlessly fly around collecting random orbs?

Sisko wrote:

and that's with the 30% acceleration upgrade.
      That upgrade doesn't increase your boxes, and you have basically infinite flight time there anyway.

Sisko wrote:

Tanks have a different point / contribution calculation and therefore get points for less damage than actual dps classes.
      Also, where did you get that "lunars are unsurpassed at dps" from? Are you playing on console?
      A SC+0 tank usually ends up in the top 5 with ease in any guardian mission, just saying. My SC +0 lancer finishes faster than some of my dps alts ...

Sisko wrote:

you can't if there's no group looking for people.
      Type /lfg Guardians LFM and press enter, works everytime. If there is no group, make one.

Sisko wrote:

so they normalise class dmg
      No, they don't. They give weaker jobs more points than stronger jobs.

Edit: Hell, if I wasn't so bored of the game (I mostly come to the forums nowadays... for the comedy.) I would record a VOD for you of doing guardians on every class that I play. But that would require patching and actually the will to play, sorry.
    • Sisko wrote:

the crystals are the normal dungeon ones (Focused/Savage/Spiteful/Pounded), slaying is unviable in an environment where healers don't even heal you after you drop below 20-30%.

Slaying is not viable because healer aren't healing..? What? This is exactly what you want if you're using slaying, to not get healed and manage your own hp. Problem on Mystel is that you cannot properly use slaying as you will mostlikely get randomly healed by totem or the priest aoe.

The source of income is the exact same whether you're TS , FM or SC, the time it'll take you is what varies. All in all, you're supposed to enchant and upgrade your gear anyway. I created a character on Mystel a few months ago, started from scratch (tho I did have Tera Club running), got to SC+0 weap (rest fm+0) within 7days (didnt play more than 3hours/day),
      The fact that you dont know how to do something in an efficient manner doesn't mean everyone is lying, what you should probably do is ask for tips on how to do things instead of calling everyone a liar.