Do new/returning players like myself stand a chance ?

• New

naibliss wrote:

started new account around 3 months ago bought the game (10 euro) wich gives you free mount, banktabs 8 charslots and most important 37 days of tc.
      with only doing cs/fw and ghilli (made 3 reapers for ghillie only) have main now full sc +7 and almost all jewelry upgraded plus like 400k gold
      so no need to p2w or farm 24/7 i play only bg hours and i never set foot in dungeons besides the questline on main
      Proof or it didn't happen. I'm sure you heavily utilised P2W to get there.
    • New

lol proof wuut you can ask all my guildies/friends i didnt spend a dime on this game if you dont believe me its not my problem
      and do the math on slayer alone season 2 over 200 fw like 50 cs on reaper like 200 cs and few fw convert to the talents you get from the boxes
      plus the things you get from the federation boxes and there is your answer
    • New

Dimriky wrote:

You can buy TT, sell them (they're like 1 to 700/750 these days) and then buy Sc+7+8+9 gear directly; then just buy shimmering jewel boxes and another one ("divine supply" or something like this I think) by charging otjer TT to obtain Diamonds, Essences, Veiltroch and other materials to craft HO set.This way people can obtain BiS in few days instead grinding for months.

What are these TT? Anyway if you can buy maxed SC with just real money is pretty p2w and pretty bad, the game shouldn't allow strong gear for real money, never.

Ireally have nostalgia of the old 2012 p2p Tera where everyone was the same and no p2w item shop, you could buy the monthly fee in the auction house, that was the money i used too, so pratically playing for free.

Anyway i'm just playing to kill the time, i'll stop at frostmetal, i don't like grind and farm mindlessy, moreover i just made a third character and as expected, the best part of Tera is the leveling from 1 to 60 and the low level dungeons, end game is pretty stagnating and bad.

Tera 2012 cap was more slow and difficult, was more social, doing BAMs required a full party, something lost in the today Tera that is pratically a open world solo experience unless you close youself into a dungeon. Nexus were also pretty fun and laggy, a full open world RAID, was amazing because you play with the server in one single map.

Missing also Blast from the past instances, even if they were useless (but usefull for fascion tickets) i remember i played it just for fun, sadly they remove it and create these crappy new dungeons where you pratically pass the whole day grinding for mats against these massive HP pool bosses that oneshot. I have no FUN there.

GW2 (crappy and ugly mmo) end game is better than this, at least gear is not issue, everyone can have it, you support the game paying for expansions, item shop is not p2w, the only grind is for achievements and for skins, completely optional content that do not lock part of the game with gear levels like here.

Give me back a legacy TERA server and all the fun. >_>
      Tera 2012 p2p founder player.

:elin35:
      censorship!
      ---
      Retired user.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kdchan ().

• New

@karma2012

If you like casual PVP, just play for free, there are BGs that you can do without gear :

Cancer Stronghold,
      Gridirion 2.0,
      3s solo Q,

If you like them you need 0 gear, just cristals (and there's a quest in highatch where you can get pvp cristals for free), no need Tera Club, no endless grind.

and btw Naibliss, SC+7 is far from BIS.
      Give us talents as passives or at least give regions outside of Korea a proper class balance.

Someone at Bluehole Studio thinks that fun is spelled G-R-I-N-D

TERA : The Endless Recycling until Agony
    • New

Dimriky wrote:

kdchan wrote:

Moler wrote:

Or you can drop 500€ and p2w your gear in 1 day.
      Can you elaborate on this please?I'm an old 2012 p2p player, i back about 1 month ago and i was able to get frostmetal +0 for my 2 main characters, but yea, was pretty hard, lots of failures, very low % of success and materials are pretty scarce, forcing you to play lots of isle of dawn repetable dailies and as much dungeons as possible, end even so materials are enought, failures over failures.

So what do you mean drop 500€? You can buy materials in the item shop? Scroll that increase % rate? Or what?

I'm also a founder user, bought the game back in the 2012 era but i remember that item shop was just cosmetic not p2w, things changed so much now?

I noticed also that the game is pretty dead on population, very difficult to find people around, highwatch is a bit crowed the evening (i'm on killian server).
      You can buy TT, sell them (they're like 1 to 700/750 these days) and then buy Sc+7+8+9 gear directly; then just buy shimmering jewel boxes and another one ("divine supply" or something like this I think) by charging otjer TT to obtain Diamonds, Essences, Veiltroch and other materials to craft HO set.This way people can obtain BiS in few days instead grinding for months.
      On what server is TT 1:700 ?? lol... the prices of SC++ must be through the roof then.
      Courage does not always roar like a lion. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says “I will try again tomorrow”. Let’s all keep working towards our goals.
    • New

karma2012 wrote:

Is there no open world PvP going on in Killian for instance?
      Of course there is open world PvP on Killian. Just go to VO and ask Tsunami if they want beef and then wait about 1 - 5 min. You will have half Saudi Arabia chasing you with ever possible buff and combat accelerator pot. Enjoy the free clown fiesta c:
      No u c:
    • New

Flaméfox wrote:

karma2012 wrote:

Is there no open world PvP going on in Killian for instance?
      Of course there is open world PvP on Killian. Just go to VO and ask Tsunami if they want beef and then wait about 1 - 5 min. You will have half Saudi Arabia chasing you with ever possible buff and combat accelerator pot. Enjoy the free clown fiesta c:
      U made me laugh the way u said it it was just pure rock n roll gank style hahahaha 'if they want beef' haha! love it.
      Courage does not always roar like a lion. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says “I will try again tomorrow”. Let’s all keep working towards our goals.