Do new/returning players like myself stand a chance ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do new/returning players like myself stand a chance ?

New

Hey guys,

So I am thinking to come to Tera and really play the sht out of this game as a casual PvP player though :D. How does a new players like myself stand against the masses of old players that have been heavily invested in the game over the years - will I be able to fully indulge in the Tera experience or will it mainly be just myself running around low level zones and struggling to find a parties for raids, grinding, etc?
      Most importantly how is the community in this game these days? Are guilds looking to welcome loyal new players and work together as a whole to bring everyone to a decent level were end-game content can be done collectively as a group?

The reason behind my last question is connected to my forum profile being created back in 2016 when I briefly attempted to join Tera but failed after a few weeks due to not being able to make any friends or join a proper guild to play with, it was very hard back than to try and get anywhere decent from 0 without anyone to play with - I really hope this has changed now and new players like myself can come and join OP players like yourselves and play together ?

All your feedback will be greatly appreciated and kindly received.

Thank you,
      G
      Courage does not always roar like a lion. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says “I will try again tomorrow”. Let’s all keep working towards our goals.
    • New

Hi, reroll zerker or warrior if you haven't already. Plus you will either need to toss in at least 500 euro for the gear or you can also choose to farm for like a year. Pvp guild is not that hard to find even if ur trash at the game since Tera's pvp is about zerging each other. So no matter how shit you are you'll probably find a guild. Also to solve any of your ping issues there's a third party software needed that I won't mention the name of, but you can find it easily. And ur good to go :P
    • New

Since there's a gear and level cap in Tera that gets raised once in a while, making previous gear sets useless/cheap, you aren't missing out on anything, tbh. The only thing long term players have is they have a lot of gold and materials stockpiled from playing a lot, but then again, you can do the same. You'll be able to catch up in half a year by doing PvE, if you are starting from scratch but are willing to grind hard: aka do all dailies every day, all guardians, all dungeons available to you, etc. PvP is completely unrewarding, you can't farm your gear via PvP.

Open world PvP is completely destroyed by awakening unbalance (many classes just simply 1 shoot anyone), talents are coming to rek the rest of the PvP. Awakening is also coming to BGs eventually. I wouldn't really bother with PvP anymore. The people who still play PvP are the ones who already farmed their gear and are living off their previously farmed cash/gold.

Or you can drop 500€ and p2w your gear in 1 day.

Do you wanna go to the underground district? Xwz2kmv
      8)
    • New

To put it short if you are interested in PvP Tera is not for you.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • New

Where to I drop these 500 euros?? Ha Ha
      Courage does not always roar like a lion. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day that says “I will try again tomorrow”. Let’s all keep working towards our goals.
    • New

Sisko wrote:

Moler wrote:

karma2012 wrote:

Where to I drop these 500 euros?? Ha Ha
      + = ez game

All that P2W won't help you if you're imprecise at timing the dodging, BAMs will still run you over and play pingpong with you. So no, those 2 things don't necessarily make the game easy.

They definitely make it a lot easier.

Once I was playing with my +0 SC/Oblit archer when the patch was new, and I had to dodge literally everything to not get 1-shot, while my +9 SC teammates with 200k hp (around 80-90k hp more than i had) and god knows how much more defence just stood and facetanked everything taking only like 30% of their hp as damage, getting healed back to full by the healer, while DPS-ing. Not to mention, people with better weapon and gear will defeat the BAM faster, giving less room for mistakes.

In PvP, the gear gap clearly leaves some room for mistakes. A +9 SC character will 2-3 shoot a +0 one, and the +0 one really has to play PERFECTLY, to win the duel, if its even possible in the given matchup. Meanwhile, the +9 noob will barely take any damage, making him able to get stunned, outplayed a lot, while they only have to land 1 backstab/random CC to kill the +0 person.

Do you wanna go to the underground district? Xwz2kmv
      8)
    • New

I feel like this thread has gone slightly a different path.. Coming back to the main topic of discussion here revolving:

Most importantly how is the community in this game these days? Are guilds looking to welcome loyal new players and work together as a whole to bring everyone to a decent level were end-game content can be done collectively as a group?

The reason behind my last question is connected to my forum profile being created back in 2016 when I briefly attempted to join Tera but failed after a few weeks due to not being able to make any friends or join a proper guild to play with, it was very hard back than to try and get anywhere decent from 0 without anyone to play with - I really hope this has changed now and new players like myself can come and join OP players like yourselves and play together ?
    • New

If you're not that much interested in end-game pve pvp stuff and want to relax then it is indeed possible to have a nice chatty and play a bit with friends. There are a few friendly people always talking on global, keeping it alive (but I must say I only know about Mystel not sure about Killian) so there's always someone to talk to if you have any questions.

Also, there are a few well managed guild there too that welcomes both new and old players alike despite levels and classes. I advise you to ask around on your server and reject any mass-recruiting guilds inviting you.
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
    • New

Glacial` wrote:

If you're not that much interested in end-game pve pvp stuff and want to relax then it is indeed possible to have a nice chatty and play a bit with friends. There are a few friendly people always talking on global, keeping it alive (but I must say I only know about Mystel not sure about Killian) so there's always someone to talk to if you have any questions.

Also, there are a few well managed guild there too that welcomes both new and old players alike despite levels and classes. I advise you to ask around on your server and reject any mass-recruiting guilds inviting you.
      Thats awesome! i will try to find a friendly cool guild to join that super interactive :D
    • New

Moler wrote:

Since there's a gear and level cap in Tera that gets raised once in a while, making previous gear sets useless/cheap, you aren't missing out on anything, tbh. The only thing long term players have is they have a lot of gold and materials stockpiled from playing a lot, but then again, you can do the same. You'll be able to catch up in half a year by doing PvE, if you are starting from scratch but are willing to grind hard: aka do all dailies every day, all guardians, all dungeons available to you, etc. PvP is completely unrewarding, you can't farm your gear via PvP.

Open world PvP is completely destroyed by awakening unbalance (many classes just simply 1 shoot anyone), talents are coming to rek the rest of the PvP. Awakening is also coming to BGs eventually. I wouldn't really bother with PvP anymore. The people who still play PvP are the ones who already farmed their gear and are living off their previously farmed cash/gold.

only 150 euro if you p2w from kekz :D
    • New

Is there no open world PvP going on in Killian for instance?
    • New

Moler wrote:

Can you elaborate on this please?

I'm an old 2012 p2p player, i back about 1 month ago and i was able to get frostmetal +0 for my 2 main characters, but yea, was pretty hard, lots of failures, very low % of success and materials are pretty scarce, forcing you to play lots of isle of dawn repetable dailies and as much dungeons as possible, end even so materials are enought, failures over failures.

So what do you mean drop 500€? You can buy materials in the item shop? Scroll that increase % rate? Or what?

I'm also a founder user, bought the game back in the 2012 era but i remember that item shop was just cosmetic not p2w, things changed so much now?

I noticed also that the game is pretty dead on population, very difficult to find people around, highwatch is a bit crowed the evening (i'm on killian server).
      Tera 2012 p2p founder player.

:elin35:
      censorship!
      ---
      Retired user.
    • New

kdchan wrote:

Moler wrote:

Can you elaborate on this please?
      I'm an old 2012 p2p player, i back about 1 month ago and i was able to get frostmetal +0 for my 2 main characters, but yea, was pretty hard, lots of failures, very low % of success and materials are pretty scarce, forcing you to play lots of isle of dawn repetable dailies and as much dungeons as possible, end even so materials are enought, failures over failures.

So what do you mean drop 500€? You can buy materials in the item shop? Scroll that increase % rate? Or what?

I'm also a founder user, bought the game back in the 2012 era but i remember that item shop was just cosmetic not p2w, things changed so much now?

I noticed also that the game is pretty dead on population, very difficult to find people around, highwatch is a bit crowed the evening (i'm on killian server).
      You can buy TT, sell them (they're like 1 to 700/750 these days) and then buy Sc+7+8+9 gear directly; then just buy shimmering jewel boxes and another one ("divine supply" or something like this I think) by charging otjer TT to obtain Diamonds, Essences, Veiltroch and other materials to craft HO set.
      This way people can obtain BiS in few days instead grinding for months.
    • New

Dimriky wrote:

You can buy TT, sell them (they're like 1 to 700/750 these days) and then buy Sc+7+8+9 gear directly; then just buy shimmering jewel boxes and another one ("divine supply" or something like this I think) by charging otjer TT to obtain Diamonds, Essences, Veiltroch and other materials to craft HO set.This way people can obtain BiS in few days instead grinding for months.

That's the unethical way. People can look at your dungeons tab and see that you haven't earned any of your gear when it says "Rookie" on most of them.
    • New

started new account around 3 months ago bought the game (10 euro) wich gives you free mount, banktabs 8 charslots and most important 37 days of tc.
      with only doing cs/fw and ghilli (made 3 reapers for ghillie only) have main now full sc +7 and almost all jewelry upgraded plus like 400k gold
      so no need to p2w or farm 24/7 i play only bg hours and i never set foot in dungeons besides the questline on main