skill predictor proxy is not a bannable offence apparently

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• skill predictor proxy is not a bannable offence apparently

after a lot of evidence towards handful of people using skill predictor those ppl are still running around desyncing and getting stuck in the ground with their proxys
    there has been so much solid evidence that these players use it yet nothing is done, not even 1 day bans or warnings.

so i'm guessing skill predictor proxy is 100% allowed with it's cheaty attackspeed and side effects
    this is only true because gameforge doesnt have the logs or resources to spot them

I'm not just saying that to flame or hate gameforge. it's true that they can not link video/screenshot evidence with their logs and ban for 3rd party program use.
    and that's because skill predictor doesn't change packets at all, it just uses skills clientside before sending the packet to server unlike normally when skills have to receive packet from server to work.

and as for why obvious screenshots or videos showing that someone is using proxy, i guess it's cause support has strict rules about tera's desync being normal and they have no new rules about these certain types of proxy quirks.

so for now anyone could get this skill predictor and be recorded and screenshotted hundreds of times and nothing would get you banned, i'm not taking the risk still that's just how things are now

should we all just give up on the fight against 3rd party program use and download it for everyone? thoughts?
    ssion - mystic
  • they have automatic detection for "memeslash" (when you send too many packets at once)
    and they will ban "clericproxy" (someone being invulnerable next to cleric npc)

but the most common proxy, this skillpredictor has 0 detection from gameforge thus no bannings
    ssion - mystic
  • This kind of tolerance not only is bad cause it is not imparcial and equal for everyone(if they want they just ban you, or if they don't want to, they just don't even if you are reported with evidence by other player which is nothing new nowadays) but it also leads to threads like this, where people after all will simply start downloading this crap like many I know already did.

The problem persists and increases everytime. There is still no official action towards it by Gameforge who is in charge of monitoring and punish any kind of cheating or hacking in the game. And that is what we need, action, not announcements or Terms of Agreement copy pastes.
  • Salty wrote:

Btw, question for topic author: how you detecting "cheaters"? You know what you will desync if:
    a) you are brawler
    b) you are slayer
    c) you are valk
    d) your jitter > 20
    e) your ping > 60
    I don't understand this question, no one has more than 60 ping or 20 jitter or is there any reason to play these classes. :elin33:
  • Leiki wrote:

Salty wrote:

Btw, question for topic author: how you detecting "cheaters"? You know what you will desync if:
    a) you are brawler
    b) you are slayer
    c) you are valk
    d) your jitter > 20
    e) your ping > 60
    I don't understand this question, no one has more than 60 ping or 20 jitter or is there any reason to play these classes. :elin33:
    BHS killing these classes, for sure. Also here no any reason to play tera with ping more than 20, but some ppls got about 50ms+ ping. Personally im prefer berserker tbh - ping friendly class. Harder than im expected but can do big dps.
  • me being mystic main easiest way to detect proxy is to put mire on someone
    this stupid skillpredictor completely ignores mire's movement reduction on skills
    so mired warrior can leaping strike and evryone sees him move 0,5m but he sees himself move full distance and after a second everyone else sees the warrior teleport
    this happens with every skill that has movement and you mire them

for those melee classes it can be difficult to spot someone with normally low ping who has proxy since the desync isnt that big
    but i have noticed brawlers getting stuck on mostly flat grounds with bullrush even me in the bullrush and after the dash is over me and the brawler teleport

slayers don't have anything too special except they can get really hard to hit with shifting hitboxes

valkyrie kinda same

but the same common thing with all proxy classes is really fast combos or skills after eachother and teleporting between skills
    ssion - mystic
  • Cyberion wrote:

Again someone with the attitude: "They seem to do nothing against <insert illegal action here>, so it's allowed" -.-
    You're not even in the same universe as the point being made by OP;
    Leaving that aside, problems like this proxy nonsense have to be addressed in a matter of days, not months. This isn't a private server.
    Don't argue with the walls...
    Lv.65 Slayer/Lancer/Berserker/Reaper
  • Funny thing will be rankings in dungs after thry decide to ban all proxy users if they decide it..
    I wouldnt ban them perm, i would ban them for 7 days or so because someone mentioned already that most of ppl got tired of fighting againts all of that and downloaded it..
    Suddenly will 2 secs pit, 9 mins aahm or easy ds clears dissapear..
    U dont agree with me? Just wait for it..
    Some time ago Tera was a game.. Nowadays its proxy bullshit!