Public Question regarding the state of Tera

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Public Question regarding the state of Tera

Hello

I wanted to address a question toward the Community Manager(@Athena) and / or the Admin(@Vayus) of this board regarding the state of Tera.

First of all I perfectly acknowledge the fact that none of you have the"Final Decision",towards any changes in the game(and if I am mistaken,that's better).

So what I am asking is more of a report than anything,a report of...

...which(if any) changes Gameforge has adopted in Tera that reflected (partially or fully) it's customer's feedback in the last year? excluding changes related to the cash shop.
      ((I'm not asking for the reasons, the justifications or anything like that, just the list of the things))

I'm mostly referring to how Gameforge handles the in game events(which on a side note,it seems a widespread opinion that they've worsen over the years) and manages region-specific changes (like the 100% drop rate of Keen motes in Island of Dawn).

What changes/adjustments Gameforge has adopted toward this game that reflected even just in part,it's customer's feedback?(yes it's same question,I'm just wording it differently for extra clarity,I guess).

I would like for a representative of Gameforge to answer this question.

-- Extra Stuff --

I would like to also address the common argument that I've read on pretty much every game forum that I've been: that the forum community is only a small part of the active game community (e.g. 10% or 5% or less of the players that actually play Tera).

While this argument has some validation in it, as companies can actually get customer's feedback without addressing him directly (e.g. a company can tell that a product is popular by sales alone without to actually go ask his customers if they like it or not), this is much harder on a more complex ecosystem like an online game, where most of the activity (this is a wild speculation, correct me if I am wrong), isn't even monitored (e.g. I don't think Gameforge monitors how many people run a dungeon every day or how many partecipate the Sun Festival event dailies Vs how many partecipate the Beach Festival event dailes), so a direct customer's feedback is more than necessary "to get a complete picture" of the situation, in my opinion.

The problem with numbers, while some may argue that 10 or even 5% of the customers that are active in the forum may be a small part of the community, that's alone is not a proof that that sample is not representative of a way bigger part of the community, for that reason it shouldn't be ignored.

Not to mention (and this is the part that I hate the most), that people jump on the "Assumption wagon" when there is no wide participation of the community, with arguments like "Oh 90% of the players don't even visit the forums so they don't agree or don't care", which is a pretty absurd argument if you think about it for more than a second, if they don't partecipate, how you can assume their position in the first place?

In democracy (I know, this is not about democracy, It's just some rhetoric here), it doesn't really matter if 50% of people vote or only 10% votes, whoever bothers to vote gets to say, who doesn't silently accepts that those who voted will decide in his place also.

Not even to mention that if there was a sign that a company would actually care of it's most "passionate" (yeah this is debatable I know), playerbase that actually takes the time to report and discuss issues on the forum, maybe, other players who wouldn't normally bother, will think something like "Oh, our feedback can make a difference? I should partecipate too then!".

But our current management it seems a self-fulfilling prophecy :

Gameforge doesn't care about customer's feedback in the forum -> Less and less players even bother to post in the forums -> Gameforge sees that not many players post in the forum so it automatically assumes that everything is ok.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )

The post was edited 4 times, last by senita456: Did I ever mentioned that my elins are so adorable? ().

• ...which(if any) changes Gameforge has adopted in Tera that reflected (partially or fully) it's customer's feedback in the last year? excluding changes related to the cash shop.
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
    • I don't know, but when I am bored I make threads.

I was undecided between this and a rant thread where I would have been complaining about the myths and misconceptions around elin's age.

In the end up making this one.

The other one, maybe next week \o\
      Test Image ->
    • i agree with you @senita456 its a legitimate question... but you know...

look how many suggestion was "forwarded to the team" & how many suggestion was applied to the game... you will get an idea of your answer ;)

& +1 to make the forum alive, since its the only place we can talk about tera EU.
    • benox wrote:

i agree with you @senita456 its a legitimate question... but you know...

look how many suggestion was "forwarded to the team" & how many suggestion was applied to the game... you will get an idea of your answer ;)

& +1 to make the forum alive, since its the only place we can talk about tera EU.
      If moderators dont censore/delete/close threads just because they can..
      Some time ago Tera was a game.. Nowadays its proxy bullshit!
    • I gave up long time ago.We protestet the game with the "Gameover" avatar in the forum.It was the best protest in tera history.People cancelled their subscriptions and didnt play until they fixed some issues.1 guy from community lead promised to fix our problems then we just waited.(He was Phelan i think)

All we saw is little changes and huge nothing.Little changes were made us happy cause we were thinking that its the beginning.But nothing happened after it.

The game turns only pve and cash shop.

So my last decision was "quiting the game".

I dont blame the moderators cause they are players like us.Im blaming bhs and gameforge in this case.

They dont care playerbase.They only caring money.
      Sorê
    • We asked for more event dungeons and we got 3 more after SCEM, all developed by gameforge.
      We (I) asked for changes on the current pve content since the dugeons had become basically huge hp walls and we got a permanent power/endurance buff.
      Same was done for ds. And here we're already at 3. If you people expect that any request must be automatically accepted just because it comes from "the playerbase" then you're just spoiled babies because life doesn't work that way

Not sure how a pve event is "p2w" according to benox, and not sure why he's crying about a company trying to make money anyway. Not even sure what he expects on the PvP "side" of the game.
      Not sure why I'm even replying to this thread seriously, since it's just the umpteenth of a long series of useless whiny threads in Lebtejebo's sauce (why did he even reply? Didn't he make a bye bye thread literally a week ago?)
    • Hotasduck wrote:

Not sure why I'm even replying to this thread seriously, since it's just the umpteenth of a long series of useless whiny threads in Lebtejebo's sauce (why did he even reply? Didn't he make a bye bye thread literally a week ago?)
      Oh yeah, because asking a question is now whining.

Also, since you mentioned some changes that Gameforge did (even tho only partially), wouldn't that automatically dismiss your claim that these threads are useless to begin it? isn't your statement kinda self-defeating itself?

Hotasduck wrote:

We (I) asked for changes on the current pve content since the dugeons had become basically huge hp walls and we got a permanent power/endurance buff.
      Oh you mean that buff used to compensate the fact that we have no talent system for some unknown reason that only applies for some dungeons but not all, because, talent system only works in certain dungeons apparently. Not even to mention that other thread where some guy posted that moongourd-something site stats showing the super clear difference between us and Korea despite this so awesome buff, proving that it's very under-compensating for the lack of Talents?

But yeah, pointing at legitimate and fact-proven issues or asking legitimate questions is just whiny-whiny.
      Test Image ->
    • "Legitimate" and "whiny" aren't self exclusionary. This kind of thread has been opened one thousand times already in the past month only, by different people and in different sauces but overall with the same content.

Replying to the second part: I do wish we had talents, but the fact that none of the western regions (I don't know about Jtera) has them low key implies that it's a decision on BHS side, and there's not much that can be done. So the buff we received IS a legitimate reply to your question, since it has been asked from the playerbase (me) and applied by gameforge. And in fact, following that, it has been applied in NA too.
    • I mean... GF and BH are here, they're... somewhat visible, and aren't doing "nothing". That being said, I agree with the statement, that lots of threads and suggestions are getting ignored, especially the servermerge thing, which has been an up and coming thing on the forums, for the last couple weeks. LIterally NONE of those posts, have been even forwarded, and I understand, that in those cases, you just feel ignored, and like there are no developers at all.
      That being said, they did implement a few things. As Duck said, they gave us the buff, events and stuff like that.

However, the issue here, is that GF is changing the insignificant things, in the eyes of an experienced player, or rather just things, that you're able to live with. Like - I'd any day prefer, that we'd have fixes like FPS optimization, cross-server LFG, bug fixes on bosses, (like SERIOUS bug fixes, not like removing cage bug), less desyncing and what not. There are tons of issues with this game, where lazy game design, (hello DS atm), is one of them - like you can't reuse ALL previous bosses, and call it a new dungeon, that's just utter BS.

My point here is, that BH and GF seem to fix smaller issues, that can be quickly implemented, such as a buff that requires what? 5 lines of coding? And consequently ignore every other bigger issue, 'cause they're lazy af, and don't give a shit for their game as a whole.

Oh well, point of case: I don't feel like BH and GF are totally ignoring us, and assuming everything is fine, but I agree that they're ignoring every bigger issue, where it actually requires them to THINK, if they want to solve the issue.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Regarding my question:

Are those things you mentioned all what Gameforge did in the past year?

I repeat:I'm talking about specific "things" Gameforge did based on users feedback.
      Test Image ->
    • GLITCH ABUSE i see lot of classe ( Sorc, mystic, slayer, warrior...) Are able to attack / teleport in water / under water. no more safe spot in open world or in BG.
      lot of people abuse this glitch to kill you.

CLASS BALANCE nothing is done since age by @Gameforge or @'bluehole' as you can see now, Warrior, Berserker, Mystic are overpowered compared to other class, Like Brawler one army before BHS nerf it after 6 month, yes 6 month....
      By Damage they do lot of more damage (able to one shot/one combo anyone) than other class & by mechanic, they can block, chain k/d, chain stunt, auto-heal & ONE SHOT. As you can see now, Ninja, gunner, archer, reaper, sorcerer, valkyrie are much fewer & not accepted to high end dongeon due to lack of damage.

SyncQ in BG Since ranking system in bg was implemented, we can see a lot more of SyncQ in BG (all people form same guild / friends get in the same team) Versus all other solo Q, new player... ( that make BG unbalanced / unfair / unplayable / play for 2 minute then AFK. ) that a lot of fun !

SUGGESTION section, to all people suggest modification for tera its a good initiative but stop dreaming, nothing will be done look how many suggestion are "forwarded to the team" & how many suggestion are applied to the game ? like CAP in BG