Moderators, their real job and why you are trying to silence us?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I guess they dont get many applicants for moderator so that is also a reason why moderation in this board is literally a blindfolded copy paste fast replies and close every thread. Shiro is one of many examples, but maybe he is having a depression or something we also dont know.
      In my humble opinion the one at fault here is the person who is responsible for the moderators and gives them the freedom to behave like this, to be counter productive and upset their community on a daily basis.
      Like the typical moderating we see here:

Shiro wrote:

^
      Link to the TERA Support: support.en.tera.gameforge.com/

Thread closed.

Greetings,
      Shiro
      Social skills have dropped bellow what I would expect from moderator of a forum board.
    • moderators are like the basic operators in the big factories with an iq of 46 and without finishing 5th grade. learning a pattern to do, applying it, taking no responsibilities coz its "forwarded".

change my mind.
    • Noyn wrote:

If you break a law, even if u agree with it or not, you receive a punishment. Pretty much the same here, you made an account and even AGREED to the TOS and people still complain if they receive punishments, warnings, edited posts whatsoever. Some cases are pretty obvious, some others are a tougher and more complicated case, sometimes you handle them right and sometimes you dont. If you feel like you got banned/warned etc. for no reason, you can always complain about a moderator (thats why they edit with their name).
      The other thing you are pointing out: Some forum users are requesting an "official" statement from moderators. This wont happen in 99% of all cases for the simple reason that this is not their job. On the other hand, personal opinions are often mistaken for an "official" statement, thats why (at least for me when i was an active moderator) i often held back on giving feedback from my side cause some people tend to bend my words, making situations even more complicated.
      And moderators are forwarding feedback internally as one of their jobs. But thats pretty much it. They dont have much influence on decisions made in a "higher" department or in Korea itself.
      Just because you dont see work being done doesnt mean that there is none to begin with.

When all this is true ? for what do we need mods ? lul. They have any infos of the game for us. All they do is "forwarding" but not hard enough. I would spam GF even if it costs my "mod" and get on their nerv.

Closing threads with ongoing discussions are also a point of this thread. Keep the forum clean so GF dont get mad at you. I cant understand how someone that plays this game can do a mod for this company.
    • Forum moderators must get a huge advantage from gameforge ingame, otherwise i dont understand why someone is doing this hopeless job for such a hopeless publisher. If my boss would pay me bad, even if i have to be the idiot of the community, i would shit on his table and go home.

You cant say me moderators have fun in read all this issues and just ban and forward some words to another guy who gives a shit about it.
      You can turn it like you want. They have to do more pressure on the publisher as the speakers of the community!
    • As others said, people give too much credits to moderators, they're not that influential as you may think, they can forward issues yeah but that's about it,they do not and can NOT fix issues themselves because it's simply not in their power to begin with, geez.

What you gonna do if you were a mod yourself? spam the GF team with the same issues every day of the week? how long you think you would last until they fire you and find a replacement?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • senita456 wrote:

What you gonna do if you were a mod yourself? spam the GF team with the same issues every day of the week? how long you think you would last until they fire you and find a replacement?

Better then working for them.

Or help the Community to get things changed ? even if they ban/fire my ass.

Normaly this is the work of the Coma and his mods. To get pressure @ the upper stages .. Both failing terrible. They are slaves of Gameforge it seems without the interest supporting this game strong enough.
    • Yes, that is true, but i will be happy if SOMETHING move in right direction, for that moment can be mods, free forum, no bans for inconvenient questions. You cant fix years of negligence in few days. Small steps. I want play in that game, i want spend my money in there but i just have enough of this. I dont play anymore in TERA but i still read forum and WAITING. We will see when i will be bored and quit forever not looking behind. But on this moment my hope is again raised b that topic.
    • I wouldn't trust trustpilot for reviews I've seen really bad companys such as xln there with good reviews even though they are the worst company.

Gameforge is actually doing really good comapared to EnMasse I mean if you look at the summer event over there you wouldn't be complainng here.

Benox is just an unskilled archer that complains about anything that isn't to their advantage and they advertised proxy so much thank god they are finally blocked for spamming for 1 month.
    • senita456 wrote:

As others said, people give too much credits to moderators, they're not that influential as you may think, they can forward issues yeah but that's about it,they do not and can NOT fix issues themselves because it's simply not in their power to begin with, geez.

I would believe you when you can answer me following questions:

Why should moderators just act like robots? Is the power to be an forum moderator so strong? I dont think so.
      Why should they are scared from losing their position as a moderator? This would only make a sense if they have a huge advantage in the game. I dont think they have. So why they should care about replacement?
      We dont say forum moderators should fix ingame issues. Ofc they cant. What they can do is organize together, as a moderator unit to make pressure to gameforge. That is the only way gameforge understand. They shit on the community, but what they gonna do if the forum moderators would have balls to send an open letter to gameforge? Do they want to replace all? Even if they would replace all, i wouldnt care, cause i still think you have no special advantages as a forum moderator. They only way start to change something is if the moderators organize themself to a unit and start to represent the community they are from. They are no employees of GF, they are part of the community.

But as i told, they all read those thread, where the community is talking about forum moderators and NOONE OF THEM has the balls to take position here in this thread? Thats so embarassing! Its their damn job to take position now! They represent the community and they are the first contact person to talk to gameforge as the community. They just dont do their full job, so, if i would be gameforge and would care about my community, they have to be replaced. But good for them gameforge is doing his job same bad.

I mean you cant say to me the moderators are happy like it is at the moment. You cant say me they are happy everyone is complaining about them. So why the hell they dont talk to us? Why dont they take position here and now. Why they dont just simply say "Hello guys, this is our position.......[...] we are angry about the same ingame problems like you and we try to make more pressure to GF [...]" This is all what i want to hear from them, they just have to give us the feeling that they do something. Talk to people is the first step to solve problems, but they just do nothing. Even worse, they close threads and ban people without a real reason! That is what piss us really of! Communication is the most important thing if you have to do with humans. Communication is non existent in this game and forum.
    • Buschfunker wrote:

I would believe you when you can answer me following questions:
      Why should moderators just act like robots? Is the power to be an forum moderator so strong? I dont think so.
      Why should they are scared from losing their position as a moderator? This would only make a sense if they have a huge advantage in the game. I dont think they have. So why they should care about replacement?
      We dont say forum moderators should fix ingame issues. Ofc they cant. What they can do is organize together, as a moderator unit to make pressure to gameforge. That is the only way gameforge understand. They shit on the community, but what they gonna do if the forum moderators would have balls to send an open letter to gameforge? Do they want to replace all? Even if they would replace all, i wouldnt care, cause i still think you have no special advantages as a forum moderator. They only way start to change something is if the moderators organize themself to a unit and start to represent the community they are from. They are no employees of GF, they are part of the community.

But as i told, they all read those thread, where the community is talking about forum moderators and NOONE OF THEM has the balls to take position here in this thread? Thats so embarassing! Its their damn job to take position now! They represent the community and they are the first contact person to talk to gameforge as the community. They just dont do their full job, so, if i would be gameforge and would care about my community, they have to be replaced. But good for them gameforge is doing his job same bad.
      Since I'm not a moderator myself I don't see how I can even answer to this.

You see, when you do any "job", even tho I'm not sure being a forum moderator for a company can be even classified as that, you have to sign up some legal contract which often have... all kind of "strange terms" you see.

I remember when I monetized my youtube account years ago (it's not monetized anymore btw), you know what was one of the terms of agreement I signed? I couldn't never, ever, mention my earnings publicly, I couldn't tell "Hey guys this month I earned XY Euros thank you very much" or anything like that, if I had, I could have probably lost my monetization and "potentially" even had legal persecutions(even tho I don't think anyone got ever legally persecuted for this).

So, who knows what sort of terms moderators have to sign to "work" for Gameforge?, some typical terms in contracts are... that you can't talk about your contract details, I wouldn't be surprised if "Talking negatively against Gameforge" was actually in their contract,
      "Getting too involved in the community", this could probably also be there, as it may have repercussions on their judgments.

So, in short, who knows why they act the way they act, maybe they're just abiding to their terms of conditions to be mods, the fact that Gameforge haven't kicked them could be any of these two reasons:

1)They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do.
      or
      2)Gameforge doesn't care
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
    • senita456 wrote:

Since I'm not a moderator myself I don't see how I can even answer to this.

You see, when you do any "job", even tho I'm not sure being a forum moderator for a company can be even classified as that, you have to sign up some legal contract which often have... all kind of "strange terms" you see.

I remember when I monetized my youtube account years ago (it's not monetized anymore btw), you know what was one of the terms of agreement I signed? I couldn't never, ever, mention my earnings publicly, I couldn't tell "Hey guys this month I earned XY Euros thank you very much" or anything like that, if I had, I could have probably lost my monetization and "potentially" even had legal persecutions(even tho I don't think anyone got ever legally persecuted for this).

So, who knows what sort of terms moderators have to sign to "work" for Gameforge?, some typical terms in contracts are... that you can't talk about your contract details, I wouldn't be surprised if "Talking negatively against Gameforge" was actually in their contract,
      "Getting too involved in the community", this could probably also be there, as it may have repercussions on their judgments.

So, in short, who knows why they act the way they act, maybe they're just abiding to their terms of conditions to be mods, the fact that Gameforge haven't kicked them could be any of these two reasons:

1)They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do.
      or
      2)Gameforge doesn't care
      .. And if they singed something like this ... OMEGA LUL ... cant think of anybody that stupid, I hardly doubt something like a "mod contract" exist. The hardest thing they can do is to kick you out of the mod club.
    • senita456 wrote:

Probably because of the benefits?
      So for a bonus i sabotage a entire community and behave ? Do the dirty-work for a publisher like gameforge ?

We know there are rewards for the good copy&paste work. But i think there are better and "funnier" ways to get some virtuell shit in this broken game.
    • Xilokz wrote:

senita456 wrote:

Probably because of the benefits?
      So for a bonus i sabotage a entire community and behave ? Do the dirty-work for a publisher like gameforge ?
      It's either them or someone else will do it.

It's not a matter of "Doing the dirty work or not"

It's a matter of "Who will do the dirty work"
      Test Image ->
    • Rafera wrote:

I guess they dont get many applicants for moderator so that is also a reason why moderation in this board is literally a blindfolded copy paste fast replies and close every thread. Shiro is one of many examples, but maybe he is having a depression or something we also dont know.
      In my humble opinion the one at fault here is the person who is responsible for the moderators and gives them the freedom to behave like this, to be counter productive and upset their community on a daily basis.
      Like the typical moderating we see here:

Shiro wrote:

^Link to the TERA Support: support.en.tera.gameforge.com/

Thread closed.

Greetings,
      Shiro
      Social skills have dropped bellow what I would expect from moderator of a forum board.
      No they dont take anyone here. Special one with aggressive behavior (like me or you). Ofc the request its small for this position and automatically puts the requirements down ... but if you look at this forums, its not quite active here at all. So what you want at all? A profession for this job? I dont think this will be better.

At all a bit uncool from you take my post in this way. More like you put out a puzzle and say its the hole picture. If you look at the "hole" thread you would understand why he simply just qute my commend. Ofc we can now discuss why he make it so "short" but i also could ask you why he should make it so long? There is no talk about this kind of issue (hackers/cheaters) and simply closed it with the link to the support.

and by all meanings take this hint: "If you need to complain about a behavior/decision of any of the Staff Members, please contact the level above them."

feel free to go "directly and dont hide behind the community if you have some problems with him/them.

Overall the discuss still stays so they accept this feedback at all, no one is perfect but i think you all overreact about their powers.

just bit special for everyone should read Forum Rules
    • senita456 wrote:

As others said, people give too much credits to moderators, they're not that influential as you may think, they can forward issues yeah but that's about it,they do not and can NOT fix issues themselves because it's simply not in their power to begin with, geez.

That's one mod, but imagine all of them. Find replacement for everything? In the angered community? Neh.
    • They could as well pick an outsider who knows nothing about this community or the game-- oh wait never mind.
      Test Image ->