Archers in PvE/PvP

• Archer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Archers in PvE/PvP

Hello

Like the topic says, how are archers doing in PvE and PvP at the moment?

Been having a loooong brake and i have no idea what to expect from the game. But i hope im gonna have a good time :gamer:

Thank you
    • Archers in pvp:

Decent in mass pvp and battlegrounds.
      Underdog in 1vs1.

You can be dangerous as archer too, but you have to do more, to be dangerous then on other classes. To be dangerous as archer in 1vs1 or 3vs3 you need a lot of experience and training. There are other classes which are more dangerous with less experience and training. For example warriors and slayers have a sick mobility, dmg and nearly everything you need for a strong class. Brawlers and lancers have a sick defence and since patch sick dmg too.
      Some will say archer is easy in mass pvp and battlegrounds, cause you just cast some skills out of range and dont take dmg. Thats wrong and history , archers who do this are not dangerous and just slow cannon towers. Today as archer positioneering is most important. Archers with 15:0 kda dont mean they are strong, it just mean they can steal good and run away fast. Sure statistics are nice, but most archers who are focussed on this just profit from a bad matchmaking, it wouldnt make a change if they Do 15 kills or not, cause enemy Team is so weak anyway and those players will never carry a balanced Match. There just a few archers who are able to carry a Match. As archer Main job isnt killing anymore. You will get kills automaticly When you play smart and for win, not for kda. Archers today have to circle more and more enemy lines, watch for good moments to distract enemy dmg and healing lines. It is more dangerous, but you help your Team more then following lancer giga. Following lancer giga or brawler groundpound with rain of arrows isnt that effective anymore like in the past, cause healing is so overpowerd, your RoA just ticks with 10k every half second. Slayers or gunners or sorcs can do in this half second 100k.
      Heals can easy overheal any giga or your RoA, so archer changed from dmg class to support class. Youre more useable at a giga, When you try to abort enemy healing or cc instead to try to do dmg on giga an gain kills. Most ppl dont understand this, cause they are kda focussed. Dont listen to them. Play smart.
    • pve: easy to learn every boss, since you can focus more on yourself and watch the boss from a more safe postion then a melee class, who has to dodge more. definetly good for newer players.
    • Wouldnt agree on that point anymore since the problem with dmg buffs for instance the mystic thralls if ur ranged dds does this heal has to chose either tank doesnt get buffs or ranged dds doesnt get buffs (talking about outranging every skill and still hitting which a lot of ranged dds do at the beginning)

But yes its a easy to class to learn in pve and has a pretty decent dmg output but can also be quite frustrating at the moment cause even if u play ur archer perfect most times even a pretty bad played awakening class will out dmg u especially warrior and zerk
    • PVE easy for most of dongeons

PvP :

- EQ battleground its OK

- OWPVP is a joke now, most of class can one shot/combo kill (war, slay, zerk, sorc, mystic, brawler) thanks Awakening
      in 1 vs 1 just run & pray to do not get backstab, k/d, sleep or you are dead.
      That joke is some class can 1 shot you but you need TWO full combo to kill him...

- MASS FIGHT is not bad but our AOE damage a low compared to Sorc, zerk, brawler...

just look the ranking on PvP & PVE (moonground) & you can see archer are not a good idea
    • benox wrote:

ok the ranking on PvP & PVE (moonground) & you can see archer are not a good idea
      EXSDEE, type "benox" on moongourd (sick ground) and you can see a "bad" archer, not even 1 boss in NM/HM with more than 3M dps, so ofc he gonna tell its bad but he dont know how to play :à

Archer are doing pretty cool dmg for 'semi-awaken' class, if you want to play it (for pve) just do it.(exept if you have really high ping )
    • @111313141.22 So easy to spit on people when you post anonymously !

OFC i'm not a fuckking bug user / hacker like u, using proxy to show how big you are ^^

and second things i play PVP, i play pve only for event ...

@Jaimai go check moogourd to see archer ranking in pve :
      moongourd.com/eu/hiscores?area…euc=0&class=All%20Classes

First archer is 41
    • @Uhrzeiger23 & @111313141.22 are friends and support proxy use, they only say shit on forum (check post & like) & they post anonymously to stay safe like a coward

Archer PVE is OK but no awakened skill, archer stay behind war, zerk, slayer icb and gunner

Archer PvP is a joke since awakened class. (get 1 shot by zerk, slayer, mystic...)

@Uhrzeiger23 you need to check your glasses, Archer is 41 on RRHM "ikâros" from mystel
    • Uhrzeiger23 wrote:

benox wrote:

are friends and support proxy use, they only say shit on forum (check post & like) & they post anonymously to stay safe like a coward
      actually no, i dont know this guy

and no, its 4,8m/s
      He is number 41 on 300 on all class ranking on RRHM
      moongourd.com/eu/hiscores?area…es&filter=nh&slay=0&euc=0

@Uhrzeiger23
      Why you stay anonymous ?

@Jaimai just dont play archer you will regret it in PvP

Archer life tera 2k18 on pvp :

- Warrior backstab = dead
      - Sorcerer sleep = dead
      - zerk K/D = dead
      - gunner giga = dead
      - mystic blob = dead
      - valk dreamslash = dead

- brawler, lancer , healer = run or die

so fun !

The post was edited 1 time, last by benox ().

• I have no idea of how Archers are in PvP, but they're fair for kiting I think? Idk - I haven't ever played PvP, so won't say anything. No idea whether they're good or bad.

In PvE they're a really fair class, if you can utilize them. If you're a new player, it's definitely one of the classes I'd recommend, since they use a priority system, and a somewhat static rotation, compared to for example Warrior or Lancer, which quickly can get very complex.
      Their DPS is of course not as high as awakened classes, such as Warrior, Berserker and Slayer, however they pull the probably most decent DPS from all the non-awakened classes, where probably only Gunner and Valkyrie can rival them, however I believe the Archer holds the edge slightly.
      Apart from that, it's a really consistent class, meaning that their DPS won't vary too much, assuming you know what you're doing and furthermore it's a relatively safe class, since you can "skip" a lot of mechanics, as you're ranged - however, if you're seeking to get the full potential from Archers, you'll have to go close every now and then.

Anyway, I'd say it's dependent on what you want to play. For PvE, I'd say Archer is definitely a good choice, espeically taking into consideration, that the awakening 2 is upcoming.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Trappiez wrote:

If you're a new player, it's definitely one of the classes I'd recommend
      ... it's a relatively safe class, since you can "skip" a lot of mechanics, as you're ranged

Anyway, I'd say it's dependent on what you want to play. For PvE, I'd say Archer is definitely a good choice, espeically taking into consideration, that the awakening 2 is upcoming.

There's far more to PVE than just dungeons.
      Archers can't hold their own in solo content at all. They're literally getting destroyed when they're on their own. It's by far the hardest class to learn for a new player. Archers take like 1-2 mins to kill a BAM that on a Valkyrie only takes like 5-15 seconds top. Even on a non-apex Mystic it's faster to kill that same BAM.
    • Idk man, I haven't ever had problems as Archer at all doing solo BAM's. Usually one RA + RF is enough to kill off most BAM's I encounter. And no - I'm not full p2w gear at all.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Been playing archer ever since i started the game, tried few classes in the meantime but always ended up coming back to archer. It's just the funniest class to play for me.

Good in Fraywind, Corsair. Decent in 3s. Will probably (more like certainly) get rekt by all the Awakened classes in open world 1 v 1, but efficient in a PvP group. Ideal to finish off targets with low HP, i would even say it's the primary role of archers. Can have a nice follow up on hard engages like giga leashes, ground pounds, valkyrie pull, warrior leashes. You can keep your staggers / stuns to peel for your buddies who need it. You have the possibility to kite for days.

As for PvE i would say the class is good overall. Very efficient for the leveling phase, good DPS if the rotation is decent. And for the end game it should still be okish, even if people prefer to run dungeons with Awakened classes. As stated above, MIGHT BE the best non awakened class for dungeons.
      ">