About lvling =)

    • Misc
    • About lvling =)

      Hi there!

      Im gonna start playing Tera again after a big break and i hope it is a good game :)

      So my friend is probably going to lvl a gunner and i have 2 question that i hope some kind soul coule help me out with :D

      1. What class would you recommend me to play when im playing with a gunner?
      2. Are brawlers only tanks or can i join groups etc and go as dps?

      Thank you for your time and have a nice weekend
    • Hey there!

      You can go with pretty much any class you like! Brawler is a good choice, but you can also choose to play a Lancer (tanking class). You can even tank as a Warrior, but that is more difficult especially for someone starting the game.

      Ninja and Slayer are good DPS classes, too! Personally, I can recommend Zerk as well!

      Best regards
      Lyrica
    • 1. You mean race? You don't have much choice there. As for any class, it doesn't matter what race you choose as long as you like your character - it could be cute, funny, sexy, manly or plain ugly - the choice is yours.

      2. Brawler is mostly a tanking class. It's rare to see one as DD in a party. You just can't roll behind damage to your weapon etc - people normally don't use it for this purpose. However, it's not unheard of. Back when Crusade existed and we had an actual leaderboard and brawler was doing 40% of party's overall damage, people would do score runs with 3 brawlers and a warrior. lol

      Ultimately, choose whatever you like. You can try any class. If you get a CD key, you'll have 8 character slots, so no need to delete characters for the time being.

      Welcome back and have fun!
    • Lyrica wrote:

      Hey there!

      You can go with pretty much any class you like! Brawler is a good choice, but you can also choose to play a Lancer (tanking class). You can even tank as a Warrior, but that is more difficult especially for someone starting the game.

      Ninja and Slayer are good DPS classes, too! Personally, I can recommend Zerk as well!

      Best regards
      Lyrica
      Can i go warrior dps as well? I dont think i want to tank tbh. Have bad experience with all the toxic people in mmorpg :/ So i will probably only go dps.

      Sunflare wrote:

      1. You mean race? You don't have much choice there. As for any class, it doesn't matter what race you choose as long as you like your character - it could be cute, funny, sexy, manly or plain ugly - the choice is yours.

      2. Brawler is mostly a tanking class. It's rare to see one as DD in a party. You just can't roll behind damage to your weapon etc - people normally don't use it for this purpose. However, it's not unheard of. Back when Crusade existed and we had an actual leaderboard and brawler was doing 40% of party's overall damage, people would do score runs with 3 brawlers and a warrior. lol

      Ultimately, choose whatever you like. You can try any class. If you get a CD key, you'll have 8 character slots, so no need to delete characters for the time being.

      Welcome back and have fun!
      Hmm ok. Well i have tried most of the classes en i think brawler, warrior and archer is my thing. And Ninja of course but i refuse to play as a little girl and since Tera seems to be a master of genderlock i probably never gonna play Ninja.

      Thank you and i hope this is the game that im gonna spend my time in for a long time :)
    • Hey,

      of course you can DPS as a Warrior, too! Like I mentioned playing Warrior class is probably more difficult for beginners (hence a higher frustration level :D).

      Best regards
      Lyrica
    • Lyrica wrote:

      Hey,

      of course you can DPS as a Warrior, too! Like I mentioned playing Warrior class is probably more difficult for beginners (hence a higher frustration level :D).

      Best regards
      Lyrica
      Ok good to know :thumbsup: Yeah i know warriors was kinda hard to play when i played last time (couple of years ago) But since i like dualwielding i guess warrior is worth atleast a try. Otherwise i have to play Elin so nåt many options for me there haha. How are archer doing in PvE and PvP? Nice name btw really like it :D
    • If you want a real opinion on which is the actually game status:

      If you want to tank do a lancer (no one really want braw in their party and always pick a lancer when they can chose)

      if you want to dps do a zerk or a warrior (they are the 2 best class in dps, ninja is actually the worst class in dps, and zerk is really op)

      if you want to heal do a mystic (give more buff and more dps instead of a priest)
    • you dont need to play the op classes, every class is playable. just play what you enjoy the most. whats the point in playing zerk if you dont like it at all? if you don't like zerk, you won't deal any dmg either, so yeah, play what you think is fun to play.